EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What's your favorite First Person Shooter weapon?
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-14-2005 09:11:01 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when JooJooFlop wrote:
The Phoenix from Planetside.

You meant to put that in the "What weapon makes you most vulnerable" thread.
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-14-2005 10:25:41 PM
quote:
Alidane stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
You meant to put that in the "What weapon makes you most vulnerable" thread.

I used to fire those from behind walls, Get a group of guys with them, can really run your day. I rember assulting a Vanu held base, bunch of us on the hill just out of sight, I used to take out the Vehical spawn panels, and those guys hiding behind the doors, or just inside the walls. took them a bit to figure to not keep the doors open

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-14-2005 11:48:33 PM
Flails are fun. Assuming you don't mind being blasted from above.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 08-15-2005 05:20:44 PM
M4 - CS
The Shovel - Postal
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Skaw
posted 08-15-2005 08:20:15 PM
Outside of the Super Gravity Gun

The Ripper from UT. They brought it back for UC2, and I heard they're bringing it back for UT2006. If so, I shall be very very happy.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 08-15-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Gork
Pancake
posted 08-15-2005 10:04:46 PM
DD44 Dostovei

Unlike the "Mook's" Who say they like "Simple Pistols", I can name which one I'm most fond of =p

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Sean
posted 08-15-2005 10:11:22 PM
quote:
Gork painfully thought these words up:
Unlike the "Mook's" Who say they like "Simple Pistols", I can name which one I'm most fond of =p

Colt 1911.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-15-2005 10:50:53 PM
quote:
Skaw was naked while typing this:
Outside of the Super Gravity Gun

The Ripper from UT. They brought it back for UC2, and I heard they're bringing it back for UT2006. If so, I shall be very very happy.

grr.. 2004.. 2005.. 2006... it's like they threw new graphis into ut and are slowly trying making it the game it was in increments, but we are paying for every part of it. a shame too, becuase the first game was great partilly becuase of its creativity. the new one is just a formula

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-15-2005 at 10:57 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Skaw
posted 08-15-2005 11:18:53 PM
quote:
diadem had this to say about Knight Rider:
grr.. 2004.. 2005.. 2006... it's like they threw new graphis into ut and are slowly trying making it the game it was in increments, but we are paying for every part of it. a shame too, becuase the first game was great partilly becuase of its creativity. the new one is just a formula

Atleast they skipped a year this time.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-15-2005 11:30:10 PM
quote:
Verily, Sean doth proclaim:
Colt 1911.

That was such a great sidearm in Firearms.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 08-16-2005 01:18:53 AM
quote:
Sean enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Colt 1911.

I prefered the Voller(sp?) submachine gun in Firearms myself. Used 7.62 rounds and can cause leg fractures...

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-16-2005 01:33:24 AM
Morph Ovum
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-16-2005 04:07:07 AM
quote:
Gork obviously shouldn't have said:

Glock 17, Beretta 92 S, Desert Eagle and fictional future automatics.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Gork
Pancake
posted 08-16-2005 05:06:34 PM
Guys, you still have yet to mention a Game-Specific gun =p Get with the program!

(Sorry I called you Mook's)

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-17-2005 01:39:24 AM
quote:
Gork wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Guys, you still have yet to mention a Game-Specific gun =p Get with the program!

(Sorry I called you Mook's)

Magnum 2100.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-17-2005 02:30:54 AM
Good ol' Pump-action 12-gauge.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-17-2005 03:20:16 AM
Bitegun and Swipe.

And blink. Blink is one of my favourites.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 08-17-2005 06:08:39 AM
Mauser Red9 and Broken Butterfly from Resident Evil 4, Enforcers from UT, and the Phaser Rifle from Elite Force.
Steven Steve
posted 08-17-2005 10:45:32 PM
This is my kind of thread. My favorite is probably either the super shotgun (2-barrelled) from Doom 2 or the Thunderbolt from Quake.

Or possibly the magnum from Half-Life 1/2

Fazum'Zen Fastfist fucked around with this message on 08-17-2005 at 10:46 PM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 08-18-2005 10:42:22 AM
quote:
Gork Model 2000 was programmed to say:
DD44 Dostovei

Colt .45 from Call of Duty, and the DD44 Dostovei from Goldeneye(I was going to say that originally but couldn't remember the name )

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-18-2005 11:31:43 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Bitegun and Swipe.

And blink. Blink is one of my favourites.

hmg 4tw ^^

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 08-18-2005 12:20:29 PM
Probably either the Garand, or the Steyr AUG.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-18-2005 12:31:20 PM
quote:
Ruvyen had this to say about dark elf butts:
hmg 4tw ^^

The HMG has it's place, but I much much prefer the GL in terms of pure destructive power.. and people going "WTF?!?!?! HAAAX" when you snipe them from around three corners with it.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-18-2005 12:44:23 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
The HMG has it's place, but I much much prefer the GL in terms of pure destructive power.. and people going "WTF?!?!?! HAAAX" when you snipe them from around three corners with it.

The GL is hard to hit smaller aliens with, though. Does a number on onos, but then again, they have 700HP and up to 900AC. You're still gonna need a lotta grenades.

Now, the HMG is good against anything. Skulks, fades, hell, a couple HMG-wielding marines can kill an onos easy. Especially if they have JPs.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 08-18-2005 02:37:55 PM
Nikita.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Fox
Loser
posted 08-18-2005 03:47:27 PM
I had a habit of going dual-handguns as a terrorist, just for kicks.

I swear if I ever get back into PS, I'm going to pilot a BFR for the Vanu.

"It takes an idiot to do cool things, thats why its cool."
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than to be loved for what I'm not."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-18-2005 03:51:14 PM
Mine is the Chippunk from Oddworld: Stranger.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Dave
)_(
posted 08-18-2005 04:46:35 PM
quote:
Zephyer Kyuukaze had this to say about Robocop:
Probably either the Garand, or the Steyr AUG.

I have to agree, I love the Garand and the Aug. The tmp is my fav smg right now in counterstrike. I would rather use the ump but it is very underpowered.

Here's my airsoft aug it's heavy but fun to use:

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: