EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Explosions in London
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 07-07-2005 10:46:27 AM
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler had this to say about Pirotess:
Was just going to ask about you. Wasn't sure if you were a Londoner or not. Mort isn't I know that. Now I need to find out about a friend of mine who is in the Air Force and is in the London area. He's married to a girl from there...

Nah, about 110 miles out of London, i'm just waiting to hear from my friends. They should be alright though, most of them don't get out of bed until 12.

Oh, Niklas I sent you a text while I was on my way back to Birmingham, I guess it'll come through when the networks clear up. I know you're not terribly close to central London but I was checking up on everyone.

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 07-07-2005 12:13:49 PM
Righy ho, I better charge my mobile anyway.

Shite, can't find it. Could have sworn I had it with me earlier.. Oh well. If I don't answer, that's why.

Niklas fucked around with this message on 07-07-2005 at 12:20 PM.

indegloriafeestbeest
Not Smart
posted 07-07-2005 12:20:58 PM
this is getting scary,I mean,ok a lot of terrorrism has been going on lately,but it was always far away,now it's getting close to home,and i even heard a threat on the tv where some fanatic said holland would be next...
Now i ask you,what in .... name would a muslim have against Holland? almost a quarter of the population is muslim! if not more......
Always knew you shouldn't trust any religious fanatic....
you're born as a child and you die like a child..... inbetween you have a identitycrisis.....
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 07-07-2005 12:27:54 PM
How scary. I am glad our ECer's are safe and sound. What a horrible, tragic experience for the people that were near the blasts, as well as the whole country.

It's times like this that almost justifies the "let's turn the Middle East into a glass lake" mentality.

I said ALMOST.. so don't get your panties in a knot!

I wish we had a Dr. Who type scientist that could create a love ray, that could be shot from a satellite.

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 07-07-2005 01:10:05 PM
mmmm Love ray. Everybody loves ray.

speaking of futureistic weapons anyone try the new frangible bullets?

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Mod
Pancake
posted 07-07-2005 01:13:06 PM
quote:
indegloriafeestbeest wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
this is getting scary,I mean,ok a lot of terrorrism has been going on lately,but it was always far away,now it's getting close to home,and i even heard a threat on the tv where some fanatic said holland would be next...
Now i ask you,what in .... name would a muslim have against Holland? almost a quarter of the population is muslim! if not more......
Always knew you shouldn't trust any religious fanatic....

I'm pretty sure that muslims of the 'blow people up'-variety don't consider those who just live day to day in Dutch society real muslims, also being a socially progressive nation probably somewhat lowers your standing with fanatics whose sense of morality is stuck in the middle ages.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Jackman
posted 07-07-2005 01:14:36 PM
free ammo

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 07-07-2005 04:18:51 PM
quote:
Y.O.T.C spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Whats that tom clancy book about the IRA? Movie had harrison ford i think?

Patriot Games

And casting Harrison Ford (in his 60s) to play a character described by the author as being in his mid 30s is just fricking stupid... but apparently Alec Baldwin wanted an extra $5 million over what he got for "Hunt for Red October" and Harrison was the ame price, so they went for the 'bigger' star...

Jackman
posted 07-07-2005 04:33:42 PM
quote:
Cavalier- stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Patriot Games

And casting Harrison Ford (in his 60s) to play a character described by the author as being in his mid 30s is just fricking stupid... but apparently Alec Baldwin wanted an extra $5 million over what he got for "Hunt for Red October" and Harrison was the ame price, so they went for the 'bigger' star...

And did a better job....IMHO

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 07-07-2005 04:43:02 PM
quote:
Cavalier- wrote this stupid crap:
Patriot Games

Patriot Games released is 1992, Ford was born in 1942.

A 50 year old playing a 35 year old isn't much of a stretch in the theatre. We've got 30 year olds playing highschoolers all the time.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 07-07-2005 07:26:38 PM
A small observation for the rest of the Brits.

Of course the papers went to press hours before this actually happened, so it's unbelievably surreal that whilst the tabloids show pictures of celebration and smiling faces on winning the bid for the olympics the very same city was in a standstill that day.

Niklas
posted 07-07-2005 07:37:14 PM
quote:
From the book of leckzilla!, chapter 3, verse 16:
A small observation for the rest of the Brits.

Of course the papers went to press hours before this actually happened, so it's unbelievably surreal that whilst the tabloids show pictures of celebration and smiling faces on winning the bid for the olympics the very same city was in a standstill that day.

Yeah, I thought so too. Very weird.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 07-07-2005 07:49:07 PM
quote:
Cavalier- stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Patriot Games

And then there's that whole Alec Baldwin is pathetic, while Harrison Ford is believeable thing.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Lalamile
My title doesn't even make sense any more
posted 07-07-2005 11:54:09 PM
To you Brits on the other side of the pond a question.

From what I hear, the British Government, and not the people, support the US and our "War on Terrorism". How do you think this will change the British Public Opinion on America's "War on Terrorism"? What changes are you seeing.

Niklas
posted 07-08-2005 12:04:50 AM
quote:
Lalamile thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
To you Brits on the other side of the pond a question.

From what I hear, the British Government, and not the people, support the US and our "War on Terrorism". How do you think this will change the British Public Opinion on America's "War on Terrorism"? What changes are you seeing.

I don't foresee much change. Terrorists = bad but invading Iraq also = bad. Opinion is pretty divided as it is everywhere though. Having said that, we had the biggest actual anti-war protest in central London. Although it is obviously hard to count, it was between 750,000 and 2 million actual protesters.

Proof Link

Many people choose to forget this incident.

Niklas fucked around with this message on 07-08-2005 at 12:07 AM.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 07-08-2005 12:40:38 AM
While public opinion plays a part in decision making, it is not the job of the Government to always do what the people (Majority or Minority) want. Elected officials are tasked with doing what they feel is best for the people of their country. This doesn't always mesh with what some people want.

It really is a Catch 22. You have to be popular to get Elected. However you often have to do very unpopular things for the betterment of the county.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 07-08-2005 04:38:54 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Niklas was all like:
I don't foresee much change. Terrorists = bad but invading Iraq also = bad. Opinion is pretty divided as it is everywhere though. Having said that, we had the biggest actual anti-war protest in central London. Although it is obviously hard to count, it was between 750,000 and 2 million actual protesters.

Proof Link

Many people choose to forget this incident.

Yeah, I was going to type out an answer but Niklas pretty much said it all. I was at the Birmingham protests actually.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 07-08-2005 09:57:16 AM
Although one should remember that the Iraq war != the war on terrorism. One can disagree with the former, and still cooperate in the latter.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Niklas
posted 07-08-2005 10:58:06 AM
quote:
Bloodsage got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Although one should remember that the Iraq war != the war on terrorism. One can disagree with the former, and still cooperate in the latter.

Exactly. So many people see it as one and the same though.

And Azizza, I agree with you there but it is a huge grey area. No one situation is the same as another when it comes to very large decisions such as that one.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: