EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: What is your WoW Account Status?
Author
Topic: A Poll of Subscription Status
NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 06-08-2005 07:57:46 PM
Sorry, what was this thread about? I was too busy playing WoW to bother reading it.
Blackened
posted 06-08-2005 08:24:47 PM
quote:
NullDevice obviously shouldn't have said:
Sorry, what was this thread about? I was too busy playing WoW to bother reading it.
Thanks for contributing

p.s. take your SoE vs. Blizzard or whatever pointless argument you have going and make a new thread you hamhams

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
NullDevice
Internet Tough Guy
posted 06-08-2005 08:30:03 PM
quote:
Blackened said this about your mom:
Thanks for contributing

You're quite welcome.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 06-08-2005 08:42:25 PM
quote:
Blackened was naked while typing this:
Thanks for contributing

p.s. take your SoE vs. Blizzard or whatever pointless argument you have going and make a new thread you hamhams

Exactly what kind of posts were you expecting when you made this thread?

-H

Blackened
posted 06-08-2005 08:58:12 PM
quote:
Hellbender had this to say about Knight Rider:
Exactly what kind of posts were you expecting when you made this thread?

-H

Posts on topic maybe hurr hurr

This thread did not have to disolve into the usual fanboy bullshit, but some idiots just can't resist.

Idiots like Nulldevice who actually think they're funny and/or contribute in any relevant way.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 06-08-2005 10:53:33 PM
quote:
Blackened got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

This thread did not have to disolve into the usual fanboy bullshit, but some idiots just can't resist.

Idiots like Nulldevice who actually think they're funny and/or contribute in any relevant way.

My, you're an awfully optimistic person.

-H

Blackened
posted 06-08-2005 10:55:59 PM
quote:
Hellbender thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
My, you're an awfully optimistic person.

-H

Optimistic, perhaps. But the thread was going fine for the first 2.5 pages. And it wasn't hopeful thinking that made it that way.

Maradon!
posted 06-09-2005 02:53:17 AM
quote:
x--BlackenedO-('-'Q) :

If you only wanted to hear from the people who hated the game, you should have titled the thread "Everybody who hates WoW post here"

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 06-09-2005 03:17:02 AM
I did play, but I stopped at 34, almost EXACTLY where I stopped my EQ Bard and CoH Character too. And, except for EQ which I played for almost two years (yeah, only 34, shut up) stopped at about the same time interval. CoH, RO, FFXI, AO, all of those MMOs I played the same amount of time as WoW.

I don't know what it is about MMOs that just...usually don't hold my interest. My brother-in-law plays FFXI for hours a day, and FFXI, to me, is the most boring out of all of them. They just can't hold me...I need more um...interaction or something.

Who knows.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-09-2005 03:25:37 AM
quote:
Blackened had this to say about the Spice Girls:

Funny, my post was on topic. Seeing as how I still play one would have to assume my subscription was current. Given that I play enough to largely ignore stupid threads like this one would be able to make the assumption that I'm enjoying the game I'm paying for.

Or should I break this down into smaller words for you with less ambiguity?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-09-2005 03:34:04 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator has sealed the pact
Funny, my post was on topic. Seeing as how I still play one would have to assume my subscription was current. Given that I play enough to largely ignore stupid threads like this one would be able to make the assumption that I'm enjoying the game I'm paying for.

Or should I break this down into smaller words for you with less ambiguity?

See that you keep ignoring them if you have nothing else to contribute besides insults.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 06-09-2005 03:37:00 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I did play, but I stopped at 34, almost EXACTLY where I stopped my EQ Bard and CoH Character too. And, except for EQ which I played for almost two years (yeah, only 34, shut up) stopped at about the same time interval. CoH, RO, FFXI, AO, all of those MMOs I played the same amount of time as WoW.

I don't know what it is about MMOs that just...usually don't hold my interest. My brother-in-law plays FFXI for hours a day, and FFXI, to me, is the most boring out of all of them. They just can't hold me...I need more um...interaction or something.

Who knows.

That's pretty much what my mmorpg career is like, and it fucking sucks. I really want to get addicted to one game for a year or two. I just can't get into one enough, or I burn out on them way too fast.

There's a few titles coming out in the next year or so that I'm hoping will be different....somehow I doubt it though D:

edit: The only game I played for a long period of time and enjoyed by far the most, was UO. It wasn't the live game either, it was a player run shard, and I had a fucking blast. I still look back on ChaosBound 2 as my best gaming memories Wiz/Zaza.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit fucked around with this message on 06-09-2005 at 03:40 AM.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Blackened
posted 06-09-2005 04:32:01 AM
Editted in hopes thread goes back to being on topic.

Blackened fucked around with this message on 06-09-2005 at 04:43 AM.

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 06-09-2005 05:54:20 PM
Alterac is a step in the right direction.

If the turn-in quests really are repeatable (for other players), then players have some loot, cross-faction mounts (the faction gain is actually noticable!), and other stuff to work toward.

Plus the BG itself is fun. ;p

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-10-2005 01:10:04 AM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about John Romero:
Apparently you don't know what you think you know. I mean, have you even done any WoW quests? THey follow the same cookie-cutter principles as any quests in any other MMO. They all want you to farm certain mobs for quest drops, or deliver something to someone, or go kill certain mobs in succession, or maybe a line of quests combining all of these things.

I'm not trying to say that this is necessarily a bad thing, but there's no reason to try and say that WoW's quest material is any better than the quest material in any other game in the genre, because you'd be lying

All these games have their quests that are unique and sometimes even innovative. But they all also have more than their share of mundane "stretching the truth to call them quests" quests.

The "omfg will it ever end" delivery quests of taking one item from npc to another npc, is what I was talking about. I mean, it does give you a good look around your city, but why are there so many? I apologize for the wise-crack, I didn't mean for it to be insulting, but when I went through Freeport and THEN QEYNOS AS WELL, I was tired of running around being delivery boy. To be honest, I gave up on EQ2 when I got my level 15 iksar to Qeynos and finally moved back out of the city. I was trying to get dog shit for a quest, and found out that the wolves I needed to kill did not always drop shit.

That and while I had high hopes for being a Conjurer, the spell upgrade system and the fact that its a pain in the ass to keep stuff on your pet just slowly drove me away. Not that EQ2 is a bad game, it isn't the one for me.

ANYWAYS, back on topic. I wish I could change my poll thingy from "Still active, not playing" to "Active and vigorously trying to get Friendly Frostwolf clan reputation". Still got like, 1/5 a bar to go, and burned up most of the 1 time quests. I've seen a guildie or two with the Frostwolf tabard, and might I say, it looks pretty freakin' sweet. Should look nice with my new spiffy Blue Dragonscale Shoulders that I finally got to make for myself. That and 4410 over 30 seconds drink is omfg good. I'm just curious if a Tauren can ride the Frostwolf mount though, because I'd definately raise up the faction if I could ride another type of mount besides kodo.

Also, I'm going to have to put aside time to check out the new stuff in Hinterlands and Searing Gorge, as not only do they look like a good place to make money, but it appears that there may be some upgrades for my under-equiped shaman.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: