EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The joys of parenthood with your sleepwalking child
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 04-13-2005 01:26:16 AM
quote:
When you think about it, Big Bird is a chocobo furry. Oh yeah, and here's some crap from DrPaintThinner.
Hmmm I have a similar thing. Except its darkness. Not just closing your eyes. An overwhelming relaxing darkness. That keeps getting deeper and darker as I drift off to sleep. Then I wake up later. Yours sounded much better though.. Mine sounds horrible. I bet everyone does the same thing as me and I'm not different at all.

Eh, I dunno. For me it's not the sense of anything other than size. I just get struck with the concept of something at the same time massive and tiny, occupying everything, swollen to fill the universe, and at the same time something I could hold. Cradle. I dunno. Prolly just dreams getting a head start on us.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-13-2005 01:35:09 AM
LOL. I'm so glad Chase doesn't sleepwalk *crosses fingers*. He does sleeptalk tho, and not just a little bit. He tells quite the story and I honestly think he's awake until I hear his gentle snoring. His father used to sleeptalk all the time and I found it quite funny.

DrPaintThinner
Anti-Semite
posted 04-13-2005 01:35:58 AM
My little brother sings in his sleep. Its weird.
roit, less bash 'is noggin
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-13-2005 01:57:33 AM
quote:
DrPaintThinner's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
My little brother sings in his sleep. Its weird.

*chuckles* Sabrina, the sleepwalker will sometimes wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning to make a potty run. While she's in there she's singing away, happy little tunes that make you chuckle, even if it is 2 or 3 in the morning. She's one of these constantly positive happy-go-lucky sorts. (She'll probably drive me nuts when she's a teen, which will only be compounded if she becomes a cheerleader )

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 04-13-2005 at 01:58 AM.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 04-13-2005 02:00:14 AM
quote:
This one time, at Kaglaaz How'ler camp:
*chuckles* Sabrina, the sleepwalker will sometimes wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning to make a potty run. While she's in there she's singing away, happy little tunes that make you chuckle, even if it is 2 or 3 in the morning. She's one of these constantly positive happy-go-lucky sorts. (She'll probably drive me nuts when she's a teen, which will only be compounded if she becomes a cheerleader )

Happy-go-lucky tend to be good kids! So you don't really have to worry about some foul little beast tainting your daughter because of peer pressure as much as the other fathers!

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 04-13-2005 02:03:33 AM
quote:
Fizodeth had this to say about Pirotess:
Happy-go-lucky tend to be good kids! So you don't really have to worry about some foul little beast tainting your daughter because of peer pressure as much as the other fathers!

She's a total angel. My wife was eavesdropping a bit over our baby monitor just tonight, as Sabrina was telling her little sister all about Kindergarten. "You need to know all your letters and numbers, Tiff"
"I do know all my letters... and my numbers"
"You'll do really good at school then Tiffany, once you're five and can go to school anyway"

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest daddy on earth.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 04-13-2005 01:45:25 PM
My weirdest sleep habits are actually kinda tame. I find that I can't really sleep unless I can listen to something, usually the BBC live feed over the NPR station. It's the only way I can catch up on the news. One of those odd things where I don't quite remember where I heard it, but I'm fully aware of current events before I read the morning paper. BBC rocks!

The other thing I do bothers me a little, but is really only an annoyance. I wake up every morning within about 5 minutes of 3:15AM. I have no idea why I do this. I'm only awake for about a minute, long enough to roll over and think, "Hmm. It's 3:16. What am I doing up? *snore*" It's only a problem when I can't get back to sleep. That sucks. I'm tired of the blasted sunrises. My definition of a good sleep starts sometime after midnight and goes into the midafternoon. At least I can get some sleep on the weekends I don't go home to help the family company, which is thankfully more often than my watching-the-sun-rise mornings.

Oh, and I only snore when I'm taking Benadryl for allergies, according to my roommate.

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 04-13-2005 02:09:26 PM
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler had this to say about pies:
She's a total angel. My wife was eavesdropping a bit over our baby monitor just tonight, as Sabrina was telling her little sister all about Kindergarten. "You need to know all your letters and numbers, Tiff"
"I do know all my letters... and my numbers"
"You'll do really good at school then Tiffany, once you're five and can go to school anyway"

Sometimes I feel like the luckiest daddy on earth.

I absolutely love hearing proud daddy stories!

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-13-2005 07:37:50 PM
When I was a kid, oftentimes I would wake up with the sheets and blankets strewn all over the room. My mom used to get mad about it, no matter how many times I told her I didn't remember doing it, or even a dream that had caused it.

One sleepwalking incident I can possibly recall is when my parents woke me up because apparently I had gotten up and brushed my teeth with the fingernail brush. They had me brush my teeth properly before they let me go back to bed.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-13-2005 08:26:49 PM
quote:
Fizodeth wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I never sleepwalked, I just have weirdass dreams all the time.

Ditto.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 04-13-2005 08:30:48 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and DrPaintThinner was all like:
You think night terrors are bad for parents?? They are insanely frightening to experience! More frightening than anything I have ever experienced. It was a completely irrational terror, one that I woke up from screaming. It was like somehting awakened me but didn't. If that makes sense (which it really doesn't now that I read it again). And when reality began to blend with my dream I was unable to move because of sleep paralysis. Very scary, very very scary. (this is what I was told was a night terror. It may be something completely different, but this is pretty much what happened)

I used to have that, sort of. Basically scary stuff would happen and I would TRY to scream, but all I could do was rasp. My parents never told me anything about it, so I guess I never did scream. I still sort of have a fear of that, that something bad will happen and I won't be able to scream. And then they made a stupid B-movie sci-fi movie about that, called the "tingler" ...a monster lives in your spine and eats your screams, until one day you can't scream and you die. Or something like that. I forgot.

And,

quote:
Verily, Vorago doth proclaim:
Considering my Mom is a very, VERY light sleeper, she has never heard me do any of this at night. I am apparently stealthy like a ninja when asleep.

*can't...stop...laughing....*

Kait fucked around with this message on 04-13-2005 at 08:33 PM.

"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 04-13-2005 11:20:20 PM
I have sleep apnea, and it works it's way into my dreams...

my mom told me a while ago that when I was little, she used to carry the monitor around with her in case she heard me stop breathing... and it happened all the time, except once I did for like 2 minutes and it scared the shit out of her.

Apparently my dad does it too... he also sings in his sleep it's fun to watch.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Big Easy
Pancake
posted 04-14-2005 12:42:08 AM
quote:
BeauChan had this to say about Pirotess:
I have sleep apnea, and it works it's way into my dreams...

my mom told me a while ago that when I was little, she used to carry the monitor around with her in case she heard me stop breathing... and it happened all the time, except once I did for like 2 minutes and it scared the shit out of her.

Apparently my dad does it too... he also sings in his sleep it's fun to watch.

Both my dad and my roommate have sleep apnea. My dad is worse. I can hear him through two closed doors and a floor. My roommate is just bad because I've become attuned to when he quits breathing, so I roll over and throw something at him (at his request). He's sometimes loud enough that I can't hear the BBC feed over his snores.

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing." -- Thomas Jefferson
"Unbelievably, a goldfish can kill a gorilla. However, it does require a substantial element of surprise." -- George Carlin
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin
"I finally figured out what e-mail is for. It's for communicating with people you'd rather not talk to." -- Also George Carlin
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity." -- "The Second Coming" by Wm. Butler Yeats
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 04-14-2005 06:40:32 AM
I still have night terrors now and again.

Had them a lot as a kid.

So, slowly, they are getting less and less.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-14-2005 09:08:24 AM
I don't move when I sleep, at least not from the hips up. If I fall asleep lying on my back, that's how I wake up. If I fall asleep on my side with my arms crossed, I remain in that position until my alarm goes off (by which time I have that tingly sleeping-limbs feeling). I'm a light sleeper, and can't sleep through any sort of illumination unless I'm tired enough to pass out. A few people have told me I sleeptalk on occasion.

Once when I was little, I had a nightmare where I died violently eleven times (I counted after it was over, though I can only remember the last 2-3 deaths now) and woke up unable to move or breathe. Not a night terror per se, but a really unpleasant experience.

When I'm tired, I zone out. I'll be sitting, or even standing, and just start thinking about something, and whatever I'm thinking about becomes visually more vivid. While zoned out, I still hear the world around me, but I see a dream. If something actually calls for me to react, I wake up, sometimes with a start (though nobody seems to notice). My eyes can be open or closed while I'm zoned out. I have to be very careful not to let this happen while driving.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 04-14-2005 01:04:45 PM
"Are you number one?"

"what?"

"Are you number one?"

"what the hell are you talking about?"

"Aren't you number one?"

"I don't understand."

"You told me you were number one "

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: