EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Fellow DnD DMs...
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-21-2005 11:00:16 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Densetsu!
...all that does is open up a (surprisingly stable) Gate to the Astral Plane.

Stable my ass. It's like blowing a hole in the wall of a tire you're riding inside of.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-21-2005 11:51:43 AM
Stable compared to the universe ending.

As house rules, thats pretty stupid. I did like the one that was in the Marvel RPG game that 69's counted as 96's on die rolls (95+ was a critical result)

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-21-2005 03:37:47 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Stable my ass. It's like blowing a hole in the wall of a tire you're riding inside of.

hole into bag = gate.

bag into hole = rift.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-21-2005 03:51:41 PM
I've never heard that distinction. Far as I know, it's "crossing the streams" bad no matter what you do.

I actually had someone make that into a "bomb" once before. bag being held up over a portable hole by a rope that was lashed around a pulley to a wall, candle was burning the rope. Rope burned, snaped, bag into hole...destabilized foundation of a castle's main building by opening a rift in the catacomb supports.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Alaan
posted 01-21-2005 03:53:02 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:
I've never heard that distinction. Far as I know, it's "crossing the streams" bad no matter what you do.

I actually had someone make that into a "bomb" once before. bag being held up over a portable hole by a rope that was lashed around a pulley to a wall, candle was burning the rope. Rope burned, snaped, bag into hole...destabilized foundation of a castle's main building by opening a rift in the catacomb supports.

That is one of the greatest things ever.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-21-2005 04:17:03 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Pirotess:

That's what the description in the DMG3.5 says. /shrug

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 01-21-2005 08:57:29 PM
What happens if your bag of holding gets tuned inside out?
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 01-21-2005 09:21:56 PM
quote:
Verily, Ruvyen doth proclaim:
What happens if your bag of holding gets tuned inside out?

contents dump out. needs to be turned the right way again to work.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: