EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Starting WoW in less then a week.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-17-2005 08:00:41 AM
That was the most apt description EVER, Parce.

Bwa haha!

Maradon!
posted 01-17-2005 08:22:15 AM
My battle cry:

"GET READY FOR A THIRTY SECOND WALK BACK TO YOUR CORPSE!"

Sean
posted 01-17-2005 08:31:39 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Duck Tales:
"GET READY FOR A THIRTY SECOND WALK BACK TO YOUR CORPSE!"

Unless it's a Night Elf. They only have a twenty second walk.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-17-2005 08:40:58 AM
In all honesty, though, I've never seen an Alliance that liked to fight when the odds were even.

In Closed Beta, they were cowards. In Open Beta, they were cowards. In retail, they're cowards.

For example, some human Warrior came up to me, flagged, and started taunting me. I thought "easy prey" until I noticed the flagged Cat Form druid prowling in the background.

I made a feint, like I was going to go about my business. As the druid started prowling away, I charged her. The Warrior came at me, but I fear'd her with Intimidating Shout, killed her companion, then made short work of the taunter.

In short: aside from a select few, the Alliance are cheaters, cowards and exceedingly dumb.

Alaan
posted 01-17-2005 03:16:23 PM
quote:
Trillee had this to say about Knight Rider:
I don't know what it is.. but no matter on which server... every time I play my horde charicters, I'm constently getting random duel request. Not even asked "Hey, wanna duel?" It's really annoying. Especialy when I'm trying to finish a quest, or trying to make something... hell even while I'm killing a mob... My Alliance chars are hardly bothered... occational duel request from a horde member.. but that's to be expected.

I get more random duel requests Alliance on Alleria than I do on Horde side.

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 01-17-2005 03:37:18 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan obviously shouldn't have said:
In all honesty, though, I've never seen an Alliance that liked to fight when the odds were even.

In Closed Beta, they were cowards. In Open Beta, they were cowards. In retail, they're cowards.

For example, some human Warrior came up to me, flagged, and started taunting me. I thought "easy prey" until I noticed the flagged Cat Form druid prowling in the background.

I made a feint, like I was going to go about my business. As the druid started prowling away, I charged her. The Warrior came at me, but I fear'd her with Intimidating Shout, killed her companion, then made short work of the taunter.

In short: aside from a select few, the Alliance are cheaters, cowards and exceedingly dumb.

I especially like the level 60 paladins (yes, plural) coming to camp my level 43 druid's corpse. It's most excellent.

On Boulderfist there are roaming groups of paladins whose only intent is to grief low levels. They will NOT fight anyone 55+, because that may actually prove to be a challenge!

Bummey the Fool fucked around with this message on 01-17-2005 at 03:38 PM.

Addy
posted 01-17-2005 03:48:52 PM
Heh, most of the griefers on my server seem to be Horde, actually.

I remember the other day I was in a group heading to the Sunken Temple... while fighting alongside a Horde group to get to the instance, one of their members turned on the PvP flag so our group's AEs would flag us. Later on they ganked our healer while fending for our lives. Wasn't fun, to say the least.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-17-2005 04:19:55 PM
ugh.. I remember my brief session on a PVP server... constently being griefed by a horde guy who was several levels higher then me... I wasn't even doing anything but trying to finish a quest, and the guy would follow me around and gank me when he could. So I said screw this and waited till there was hardly anyone on the server to finish the quest.

Horde side, I can roleplay better...(gasp, yes I roleplay ;P) because they have more charicter to the races then the Alliance ones. When I play my Night Elf chars, I just stay to myself generaly... easier that way. I will say that I do get kill steal'ed alot on the alliance side...

Mod
Pancake
posted 01-17-2005 05:03:49 PM
quote:
Trillee Model 2000 was programmed to say:
ugh.. I remember my brief session on a PVP server... constently being griefed by a horde guy who was several levels higher then me... I wasn't even doing anything but trying to finish a quest, and the guy would follow me around and gank me when he could. So I said screw this and waited till there was hardly anyone on the server to finish the quest.

Horde side, I can roleplay better...(gasp, yes I roleplay ;P) because they have more charicter to the races then the Alliance ones. When I play my Night Elf chars, I just stay to myself generaly... easier that way. I will say that I do get kill steal'ed alot on the alliance side...

It's a PvP server, people come there because they want to fight other players, standing around all by your lonesome in contestested territory on a PvP server full of people who want to PvP is inviting a gank, if you want to be safe while questing and only PvP when it is convenient for you, play on a normal or RP server.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-17-2005 06:29:34 PM
That is why I don't play on PVP anymore ;P Thus the use of the words "brief session".
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-17-2005 07:36:52 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Captain Planet:
Heh, most of the griefers on my server seem to be Horde, actually.

I remember the other day I was in a group heading to the Sunken Temple... while fighting alongside a Horde group to get to the instance, one of their members turned on the PvP flag so our group's AEs would flag us. Later on they ganked our healer while fending for our lives. Wasn't fun, to say the least.

Unless they changed it recently, AE attacks don't hit flagged people if you yourself are unflagged.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-17-2005 07:48:23 PM
I get the common tatic of.. lower levels running around with a higher level off to the side hiding a lot.

I don't think it's just a Horde or Alliance thing.

I think it's more of childish jerk thing.

Delphi Aegis
posted 01-17-2005 07:50:45 PM
I think the only nasty thing I've done is banish/fear mobs that paladins happen to be fighting (I swear that paladins outnumber the entire horde population on Argent Dawn. Or maybe it was night elves...).

Also went to the deadmines a couple times while flagged. It was funny when a 20 rogue attacked me. I let my imp shove fireballs up her ass.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-18-2005 02:41:14 PM
I get random duel requests from Horde people.

On that note, since when does Polymorph remove you from combat?

This mage would polymorph me then eat and drink food, then polymorph me, and eat and drink food, over and over.

There was no way for me to beat him.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Delphi Aegis
posted 01-18-2005 02:54:50 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Lashanna was all like:
I get random duel requests from Horde people.

On that note, since when does Polymorph remove you from combat?

This mage would polymorph me then eat and drink food, then polymorph me, and eat and drink food, over and over.

There was no way for me to beat him.

I'll have to ask our resident mages about that one.

There's a bug with combat status in PvP, though. At one point in TM, it got "stuck" on me.. so I couldn't eat or drink (And with the 45th level magewater/food in my inventory, I almost cried!). I was sitting near something when a guard pathed by me.. then ran off REALLY fast towards the attacking force. Curious, I walked near another guard. Same. Regular named NPC? Nothing. Windrider? Sadly, nothing. Got about six guards to run off before my combat status went down, at least.

Query for PvPers: Are alliance guards bugged? Every time we (horde) have set up a raid on or near a specific town with guards, they've multiplied on us within seconds of us pulling ONE. I've seen larger alliance raids push DIRECTLY into crossroads while the guards are continually slaughtered one by one. Only after the fact (re: 20 horde of various levels coming to wipe out 50+ alliance of higher level) do they bother to "agent smith" and chase away the stragglers.

Is this intended, or something?

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-18-2005 02:57:24 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Pirotess:

Is this intended, or something?

Tarren's Mill guards do the same to us if we kill the first few.

Same with Sepulcher, if I remember.

Those guards aren't that bad, but they have a lot of HP for their level.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: