EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mara D&D game!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-28-2004 01:03:40 PM
quote:
When they turned on the Infinite Improbability Drive, Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stammered,
Oh. That's okay then

Rule number 1 of "Experienced GM's" is to make an ass of ourselves offering obnoxious advice. Ask Doc.

Hey, I asked you for your obnoxious advice.

... waitaminute...

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-28-2004 01:04:10 PM
quote:
Maradon! Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I wasn't being sarcastic when I thanked you for the advice. Things like economics hadn't really occurred to me

World creation is like running a marathon for your mind. It's why all of my games take place in the same world in different generations; that way everyone was there for the history and it comes off being a lot more finished than it is. I am a dirty manipulative bastard like that.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 10-28-2004 01:24:17 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael impressed everyone with:
World creation is like running a marathon for your mind. It's why all of my games take place in the same world in different generations; that way everyone was there for the history and it comes off being a lot more finished than it is. I am a dirty manipulative bastard like that.

Playing with time sucks.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Maradon!
posted 10-28-2004 01:35:35 PM
Any chicks wanna play?

I'd hate my first game to be a sausage fest.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 10-28-2004 01:42:12 PM
I can always play a chick, whenever i play a guy the campaign never gets off the ground =(
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 10-28-2004 02:01:28 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Pirotess:
Playing with time sucks.

So long as it isn't time travel and you only tangentially refer to things that happened in past campaigns it's not that bad, actually. The trick is to separate things in time.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 10-28-2004 02:02:03 PM
quote:
From the book of Y.O.T.C, chapter 3, verse 16:
I can always play a chick, whenever i play a guy the campaign never gets off the ground =(

Oh yeah, Donnie...get used to this. Sausage pretending to be not-sausage.

Maradon!
posted 10-28-2004 02:08:23 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael thought about the meaning of life:
Oh yeah, Donnie...get used to this. Sausage pretending to be not-sausage.

Oh I'm quite used to it heh ;p

and that's up to you yotc. I was more referring to IRL girls

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-28-2004 02:30:13 PM
If Ares would like to play, I'd be willing help her out with chargen, as would several others (based on the usual trend). I was actually hoping Nicole would submit a character, but her posts in this thread said her schedule's a no-go for the next month. Xyrra and Lyinar also posted, but they only posted info, so I dunno if they're looking for games.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: