EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Which Dynasty Warriors character are you?
Darius!
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 05:34:26 AM
quote:
nem-x was listening to Cher while typing:
I'm a pirate. I win.

Not if you meet a ninja.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-25-2004 05:34:40 AM
Why do you scowl? You must take more pleasure in this, Nemesis!
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-25-2004 07:47:36 AM
quote:
Suddar had this to say about John Romero:
You have no idea how much it hurts me that you throw me in with Death of Rats and Manticore.

omg haet

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 09-25-2004 02:27:47 PM
DONG
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 09-25-2004 02:30:07 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I'm a pirate. I win.

OMGZ NEM HAS PLUNDERED ALL THE SYRPUS

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 09-25-2004 02:38:25 PM
I'll bite on this one.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-25-2004 02:40:17 PM
Kupyo.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 09-25-2004 02:42:27 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Gunslinger Moogle said this:
Kupyo.

As a Duo, me and Moogle OWN in City of Heroes!

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 07:01:08 PM
Round 3 is on the way.

In the meantime, just in case anyone's wondering:

Sentow! You are... Cao Ren!
"To end the turmoil, I shall play the villain a while longer."

A talented Wei commander gifted in riding, archery, and the martial arts. Cao Ren served Wei for years, and was honored by Cao Pi for his dedicated service. He was a peaceful man who grieved over the chaos which engulfed his country, but it was foolish to take this as a sign of weakness. When conflict became necessary or unavoidable, Cao Ren fought with incredible courage and ferocity.

Anyway, just a little longer on the next group.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-25-2004 07:21:29 PM
quote:
Addy obviously shouldn't have said:
I honestly have never played one of these,
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Lashanna
noob
posted 09-25-2004 08:22:33 PM
quote:
Azrael Heavenblade stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I know all that, was confused as to why Lash thought the screenie was from the Japanese version when there's no Japanese to be found.

Oh well gee whiz. Forgive my ignorance regarding Eastern languages. I'll try to watch more anime, sir.

I thought it was from the Japanese version, because the game is made by a Japanese company, and the text was in an Eastern Script of some form.

Go eet fuk.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-25-2004 08:24:19 PM
quote:
Lashanna wrote this stupid crap:
Oh well gee whiz. Forgive my ignorance regarding Eastern languages. I'll try to watch more anime, sir.

I thought it was from the Japanese version, because the game is made by a Japanese company, and the text was in an Eastern Script of some form.

Go eet fuk.

Low carb fuk, please. I'm on Atkins.

Sean
posted 09-25-2004 08:50:26 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Mr. Parcelan!
Low carb fuk, please. I'm on Atkins.

Watkins on Atkins lol

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 08:51:46 PM
UBT! You are... Zhao Yun!
"I have to fight, for the glory of our lord. For that, I, Zhao Yun, would gladly give my life!"

When Gongsun Zan was defeated by Yuan Shao, many of his officers scattered rather than serve the Yuan family. One such officer, Zhao Yun, heard of the limitless virtue of Liu Bei, and sought to serve under him.
Liu Bei soon discovered that Zhao Yun was a warrior of legendary skill. During the escape from Chang Ban, Zhao Yun learned that his lord's infant son had been left behind. He charged back into the castle alone, retrieved the child, and personally delivered him to Liu Bei. For his incredible courage and prowess, Zhao Yun was awarded a position as one of Shu's Five Tiger Generals.

Waisz! You are... Wei Yan!
"Enemy. Die."

A warrior who served under Han Xuan, but slew his master and joined Liu Bei when the latter invaded Chang Sha. Wei Yan was a talented officer who earned many accolades, but his impulsive nature created a bit of controversy with his superiors. During Zhuge Liang's final campaign agasint Wei, the Prime Minister ordered a general withdrawl, but Wei Yan insisted that the attack continue. This defiance led Ma Dai to suspect treachery from Wei Yan, and had him executed.

=(

Xyrra! You are... Diao Chan!
"With such power, perhaps you could..."

A very beautiful dancer who was fancied by Lu Bu himself. Diao Chan is an enigmatic character. From what I understand, she either does not appear in history at all or is scarcely mentioned. In the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, however, she plays a very important role; either by accident or by her design, Lu Bu's affection for her leads him to betray and murder the despot Dong Zhuo.
In the game, she is a compassionate, soft-spoken character with a graceful style of fighting.

Sakkra! You are... Goemon Ishikawa!
"Hey, I know you! You're that thief who stole the land whole!"

The self-styled "King of Thieves," and sometimes believed to be the progenitor of kabuki*. Goemon has quite a legend surrounding him; he was a thief for the majority of his life, and pulled several particularly daring heists. Ultimately, he was captured while breaking into the palace of then-Shogun Hideyoshi Toyotomi (!) and executed. His final words to Hideyoshi are reported as, "It is you who are the robber, who stole the whole country!"
In the game, Goemon is an eccentric but nonetheless likable individual whose career isn't quite so illustrious.

Goma! You are... Hanzo Hattori!
"The war in the shadows is about to begin."

Lurker = Ninja

Faelynn! You are... Zhou Yu!
The Kingmaker of Jiang Dong

While not on the same caliber as Zhuge Liang or Sima Yi, Zhou Yu was a skillful strategist who helped found the Wu kingdom with his childhood friend Sun Ce. He served the kingdom for many years, and was a bastion of wisdom for those who sought it. His greatest victory came at the battle of Chi Bi, where he, Sun Quan, Huang Gai, and Zhuge Liang masterminded an elaborate fire attack which decimated the superior Wei fleet.

Moogle! You are... Xu Zhu!
"When are they gonna stop running? I'm getting hungry."

One of Cao Cao's bodyguards. Xu Zhu was an eclectic person, to say the least. He ate, drank, and was merry almost at every opportunity he had, and never seemed to lose his jovial attitude - until needed. When a battle broke out, Xu Zhu became a virtually unstoppable force, a quality which Cao Cao greatly valued. This dichotomy earned him the nickname, "Crazy Tiger."

Elvish Crack Piper! You are... Taishi Ci!
"Let's have a go then."

A vassal of Liu Yong who came to serve Sun Ce during his conquest of the Jiang Dong region. Taishi Ci is somewhat remarkable in the fact that he is unremarkable; as a warrior and a leader he was dwarfed by legends such as Guan Yu and Zhang Liao. But despite this, he was a well-liked commander and often attained success, much to the delight of his superiors. His actions ultimately led to a place in the history of the Three Kingdoms.

Skaw! First of all, I'm sorry I forgot you last time D: Anyway, you are... Sun Quan!
"What my father and brother began, I shall continue."

The youngest son of the great hero Sun Jian, Sun Quan became the first king of Wu, and led his people to many years of prosperity. His brother once said to him, "You think your attack is strong, but your defense is actually stronger." Sun Quan was a wise and just ruler who rarely lost his composure, and some believe that he could have reunited the country had the desire taken him.

Manticore! You are... Gan Ning!
"Sorry I'm late everyone - but we'll make up for it, right guys?"

A former pirate who was brought in the Wu fold, Gan Ning was a colorful character who wore bells around his neck to brazenly warn enemies of his approach. Gan Ning was a strong fighter with a good head for small-unit tactics (one of the advantages of piracy, I suppose), and was often charged with sabotage and reconnaisance operations. Though a charismatic leader, his strategic limitations prevented him from rising far in the ranks before he fell in battle.

Okay, I'm starting to run out of characters here D:

Alaan! You are... Xu Huang!
"I have yet to attain TRUE strength."

A Wei officer who was known for his great discipline. In the game, he is a very strong warrior who constantly seeks to better himself.

Running out fast D: D:

Death of Rats! You are... Meng Huo!
"I won't go down! I'm the King!"

The king of the barbarian Nanman tribe in southern China. Meng Huo led an uprising against the Shu kingdom, but he and his army was defeated by Zhuge Liang seven times, leading him to finally yield. Though eccentric and rough around the edges, Meng Huo was generally considered a capable leader by his people. In the game, his boisterous nature sets him apart from the other characters.

Suddar! You are... Yuan Shao!
"You COMMONER."

A member of the noble Yuan family. He was an excellent leader who commanded the coalition against Dong Zhuo, and later defeated Gongsun Zan. However, his ambitious plans were cut short when Cao Cao defeated him and unified northern China and the Central Plains into the cast Wei empire.

quote:
You have no idea how much it hurts me that you throw me in with Death of Rats and Manticore.

In the game, he is extremely arrogant and holds contempt for those he believes are beneath him.
/thwack

Okay, finally, though they haven't posted here...

Bloodsage! You are... Guan Yu!
"We three, though born on different days, swear an oath of brotherhood."

Perhaps the greatest legend of the Three Kingdoms era, Guan Yu was a staggeringly powerful warrior whose prowess stood below only Lu Bu himself. During the battle of Hu Lao Gate, he single-handedly slew Hua Xiong, one of Dong Zhuo's most feared lieutenants. Utterly devoted to his oath brothers Liu Bei and Zhang Fei, his renown grew through the many battles they would fight together, and some thought him to be a living god of war. Though his personality was sometimes rough, none could deny his leadership abilities or unfathomable strength.

Callalron! You are... Zhang Fei!
"And [we] vow to die on the same year, same month, and the very same day!"

A powerful man who was said to be, "a single warrior worth a thousand." Together with his oath brothers, he helped found the kingdom of Shu and served it well for many years. He was a charismatic but wild man who loved drink nearly as much as his own family. Nonetheless, his great skill earned him an appointment as one of the Five Tigers of Shu.

Drysart! You are... Liu Bei!
"Let us go - my brothers' destiny awaits."

A virtuous man who is considered a great hero of the Three Kingdoms story. Liu Bei was a firm believer in the Han Dynasty, and sought to restore it after its collapse following the overthrow of Dong Zhuo. Cao Cao considered him a huge threat to his own ambitions, and pursued him until the battle of Chi Bi, where the allied forces of Liu Bei and the kingdom of Wu won a decisive victory against Wei.
Eventually, with the support of his oath brothers and the brilliant Zhuge Liang, Liu Bei carved out his own kindom - the Shu Han. Though his dream to restore the Han was never realized, his unwavering virtue is legendary and remembered to this day.

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 09-25-2004 at 08:53 PM.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Alaan
posted 09-25-2004 08:59:57 PM
Excellent. My character actually is pretty fitting I think.
Sean
posted 09-25-2004 09:04:14 PM
quote:
From what I understand, she either does not appear in history at all or is scarcely mentioned.

In Romance of the Three Kingdoms she is actually mentioned at great length.. but is never formally named. I think Rosa said Diao Chan was a name taken from a play that featured a similar character.

You'd have to ask her, I could never get started on the second book. Those things are long as shit, yo,

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-25-2004 09:13:25 PM
quote:
Alaan wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Excellent. My character actually is pretty fitting I think.

I wanted to write more about him, but what I know of the Ro3K is primarily what I learned from the game's encyclopedia, and it doesn't mention a ton about him. However, he was one of the Five Generals of Wei, IIRC.

quote:
In Romance of the Three Kingdoms she is actually mentioned at great length.. but is never formally named. I think Rosa said Diao Chan was a name taken from a play that featured a similar character.

I stand corrected! By the by, can anyone confirm or deny that kabuki thing I mentioned? I don't remember where I first heard it, and I can't find a verification anywhere =\

EDIT: Oh yeah, correction: Pang Tong during the campaign against Liu Zhang. Liu Chan was Liu Bei's son

Sentow, Maybe fucked around with this message on 09-25-2004 at 09:28 PM.

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 09-26-2004 01:48:44 AM
woo woo
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-26-2004 01:58:20 AM
That is oddly fitting for me Sentow.

Freaky.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 09-26-2004 08:33:56 AM
flashy, aggressive, irrational? My brother could tell you that is very fitting of me
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: