EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A ghetto poll: Who here's done drugs?
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 08-19-2004 08:49:08 AM
Beer and pot, although I haven't done pot since i was 19 and I plan on never doing it again.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Bloodrose
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 10:13:57 AM
Of course you dont have my issues without some substance use. Nice small little list of things, course now I am just a little wine snob now, with the occasional beer, margaritta or whatever thrown in.
~That which yields, is not always weak~
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-19-2004 10:40:14 AM
My organs are pristine, just like new.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 08-19-2004 11:20:27 AM
Alcohol (17 times), marijuana (once), and absynthe (once).

I've never done alcohol in excess and yes I've kept track of how many times I've had it. I tried pot once and I hated it and I tried absynthe once (though it wasn't enough to get me to see stuff). Other than that, I doubt I'll ever touch anything other than alcohol in my lifetime.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 08-19-2004 11:36:17 AM
Other than a little sip to taste some alcohol as a kid, nothing.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
MorbId
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 11:44:47 AM
I had a beer while in Europe. Other than the occasional sip of something, that's it.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-19-2004 12:19:00 PM
Alcohol and pot.

I no longer smoke pot.

I have taken all kinds of whacky and wild prescription pills for my Epilepsy though. I don't take them for fun, and it's hard to get me to remember to take them.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-19-2004 12:30:17 PM
Survey connects teen sex with substance abuse...

In other news, the world has been discovered to be round, night follows day, and everyone is always after my Lucky Charms!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 08-19-2004 01:02:02 PM
Maybe if I had abused alcohol I would've gotten laid, then. > :(

smilies disabled k thx

Naota Nandaba fucked around with this message on 08-19-2004 at 01:02 PM.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 08-19-2004 01:04:58 PM
Pain killers, lots of em. Carpal Tunnel with hereditary Rheumatoid Arthritis sucks.

Bummey the Fool fucked around with this message on 08-19-2004 at 01:05 PM.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 08-19-2004 01:14:03 PM
Alcohol, but I'm kinda over drinking now. To expensive when your going to college
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-19-2004 01:25:46 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Katrinity said:
Survey connects teen sex with substance abuse...

In other news, the world has been discovered to be round, night follows day, and everyone is always after my Lucky Charms!

As a teen I got my booze from my dad. He believed that if a kid wanted to drink, then they should learn to drink responsibly with adults present. If I wanted a glass of wine, or a margarita, or a cocktail or some champagne, I was allowed to have it if my father was there.

My first time getting pukey drunk was in front of my dad. We had gone to a champagne brunch and the boy refilling my glass was really cute. He eventually gave me his number, but it was after filling my glass eleventy hundred times. When we got home, my dad asked me to clean out the car, and I ralphed all over the driveway.

He laughed at me and asked me if I wanted another drink.

I didn't do the teen party scene with drugs, sex and alcohol.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-19-2004 01:29:05 PM
alcohol, weed, little huffing on a couple occasions.. thats all well behind me now. Glass of wine or smirnoff ice here and there is about it
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 08-19-2004 01:38:00 PM
quote:
Lechium says po-ta-to, I say pa-ta-to:
Alcohol, but I'm kinda over drinking now. To expensive when your going to college

You just don't have your prioritys straight.

it goes like this. Or it should go like this, if you weren't a demented weirdo.

PRIORITIES.
1) BEER.
2) LIQUOR.
3) BOOBIES.
1203) Food
1204) Rent
1766) Tuition
2437) Books
2438) Getting assraped by a 9" dildo coated in glass shards. No lube.

Blindy fucked around with this message on 08-19-2004 at 01:39 PM.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-19-2004 02:25:05 PM
Just caffeine.

Alcohol is yucky.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 08-19-2004 02:54:36 PM
Umm I know that I have done weed and drinking. And I have posted a many a post while under the influcence of one or both. Also I have snorted adoloral/ritalin, oh yeh and I'm snorted Bacardi Limon for some reason. Oh man this one time I drank a whole liter of Mowhawk Vodka and like half a bottle of Robeneoff, 10 dollar handle bottle, or vodka they put the robenoff in my chaser and 4 hours passed by me in 30 minutes. Oh yes I'm high right now. Let me think, oh yeh Shrooms are on my list.
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 08-19-2004 03:17:37 PM
Blindy's list is significantly lacking in studying. D=

For the record, just a bit of alchohol here and there. Moderation and whatnot. Never had a terribly good chance to try anything else.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-19-2004 03:43:35 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why JooJooFlop wrote:
Just caffeine.

Alcohol is yucky.

Shit, I forgot about caffeine.

I drink tea, though, so I dun get that much. Two cups of tea every morning for sure, maximum of 4. 2 cups of the stuff I get has less caffeine than coffee (Coffee has ~98mg/cup, the tea has about 33mg/cup, times two is about 66mg).

Now, what I USED to do... Holy shit. Drank four cups of tea, if not more, every day, with several cups of coffee on top of that, and regualrly drank caffeinated iced tea. I'm lucky my heart didn't explode.

Now it's just the tea. No more coffee (except in rare cases), no more iced tea. I can actually get some sleep now!

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 08-19-2004 03:46:01 PM
Caffeine does not count, dammit
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-19-2004 03:57:23 PM
Caffeine is not a drug. I just use it to fuel my body. 80% of the fluid in my body is caffeinated. 10% is water. The rest is alcohol.
Cookie Monster
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 04:01:43 PM
alcohol, weed, cigarettes, nitrous, nutmeg, LSA, mushrooms, salvia dinorum, hash, morning glory, kava, and dmt.

heh im experienced i guess. i feel kinda sad that none of you have ever tried any. i think people should try some drugs at least once.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-19-2004 04:13:43 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Bajah said:
My organs are pristine, just like new.

Well, at least you didn't say something like "I get HIGH ON ADRENALINE WOAOOAOAAH!"

I've done pot and alcohol. I don't feel that everyone should try drugs, even once, simply because of the potential to make things a lot worse than they are.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 04:14:37 PM
I have no plans to ever smoke tobacco or do any drugs. And as for the reasoning that every one should try drugs, I disagree. I don't want to know what its like to fuck my self up unless it's pain medicine and I've got something seriously wrong with my body. I have no need to mess with my brain, and I have no desire to see what it's like to mess with my brain.

Now once I'm of legal drinking age, I might enter the world of alcohol, though becoming insanely drunk will not become a habit of mine.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-19-2004 04:16:43 PM
quote:
How.... Mr. Parcelan.... uughhhhhh:
Well, at least you didn't say something like "I get HIGH ON ADRENALINE WOAOOAOAAH!"

I'm high on life!

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-19-2004 04:32:34 PM
I've never abused anything, but I do enjoy a fine alcoholic beverage from time to time, and crappy ones in between, har har.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-19-2004 04:38:22 PM
I abuse Heroes of Might and Magic 4 and Disciples 2. I start playing at 9pm and when i look over at the clock it's been 8 hours when i could have sworn i've only been playing for an hour tops!

Honestly though, tried beer many a time and pot once, but my lungs are little bitches so pot's out of the question and I have no ready supply of booze so I can't abuse either.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 05:09:59 PM
Never drugs. I probably drink an alcoholic beverage once every 6 months if that. Have yet to like the taste of any of them.
Feed my hungry soul.
Grendel
Pancake
posted 08-19-2004 05:41:20 PM
I drink every once in a while, most times I don't feel up to it. I've only abused alcohol a few times and pills once.
Razor
posted 08-19-2004 05:49:30 PM
actual drugs, none
Alcohol, never

Perscriptions, I got 2 of em, one, I know I'm stuck on casue I get the killer headache, and I can go comatose w/o it. the other keeps my heart from going to fast and unrhythmically.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 08-19-2004 07:07:01 PM
I drink occasionally. Either when the mood strikes me, when we have beer in the house, or when I'm in a situation where people just drink. Or, say, if Fizo came up here. Then we'd get smashed and burn lots of things, like, nightly.

I don't smoke cigarettes, and the only reason I'd really want to is because I can get a cigarette holder. You can't stick a joint in a cigarette holder, unless that joint is rolled with a cigarette roller. It just doesn't work. And the only reason I'd want a holder is so I could be a total overdramatic dork with it. The overdramatic dorkness is also about 25% of the reason I like brandy; I could swirl my funky glass around and wave my holder like a fairy of inhalant poison and probably make an idiot out of myself but feel awesome doing so.

I'm not like one of those SMOKE WEED EVERY DAY WOO 420 OH MY GOD SHOVING POT UP MY NOSE obsessive potheads, but I get high decently often. I quite like it. I'm pretty sure at least some of you have been forced to suffer through stoned Nicole before, but I generally avoid going online while high because the Leo doesn't like it and he makes me feel sad. Everyone yell at him

There's some stuff I'd either like to try, am slightly curious about, or screwed up my so far only chance at, but my philosophy about drugs is pretty lax. If someone offers and it's not on my "dear lord, what the hell are you thinking" list, eh, but I'm not going to go out hunting, mostly 'cause I'll prolly make a fool of myself .

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 08-19-2004 09:59:55 PM
I've tried pot twice. Don't care for it.

I got ahold of some painkillers (Darvocet) for a specific purpose awhile back... when the purpose finally went away, I tried them twice for recreational use. I only even took one back when I was experiencing the kind of pain that warranted them... I was kinda freaked out by them and went with Ibuprofen instead.

I have (accidentally, I was really sick and not paying attention to how much I was taking and in what time frame) abused cold medicine... now THAT'S a really fucked up feeling...

Alcohol... well... I have a hangover right now, if that's any indication on that one. I'm actually eating my first real meal of the day right now, haven't been able to hold anything down until now.

I've tried smoking cigarettes twice but I was drunk both times. So I don't think it counts.

Monica fucked around with this message on 08-19-2004 at 10:05 PM.

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 08-20-2004 02:06:49 AM
It'd be easier to list the ones I haven't tried, but then I was well into my teens before the "war on drugs" started. I pretty much got it out of my system by the time I hit thirty. I'll still drink or smoke with my old friends who do, but I don't think about it when I'm not around it and I'm not around it very often.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 08-20-2004 07:33:15 AM
I have never volunarily abused drugs.

In Basic, they had the military cure-all, Ibeprofin. If you had a cold, Ibeprofin. If you pulled a muscle, Ibeprofin. If you broke your arm, Ibeprofin.

When I was in basic, going through battlestations, I had laryngitis, what they thought to be mneumonia, and a pulled muscle in my ass. I took 1600mg or Ibeprofin.

That was only 2 pills, cause in boot camp they only issue 800mg pills to recruits. I was taking 3 pills a day for the most part.

I wasnt feeling a damn thing.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 08-20-2004 11:13:23 AM
Weed, Shrooms, LSD, Liquid Acid, Coke, K, peyote, nitrous, DMT, Ex, Hash, Opium... Ciggeretes and of course Alchohal...

I've been drug free for 3 years now... I still smoke ciggeretes (keeps my insanity) and drink booze once in a while (JD, on ice kthx!)

I'm living proof that drugs are bad... I did enough crap from 14yrs old to 20 years old that no human should ever do. It was an everyday thing.

Now I suffer from an odd flashback here and there.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-20-2004 11:30:24 AM
Another startling discovery! Girls who date or hang around with older boys are more prone to drink, smoke, and use drugs.

The scientific community has really been on the ball lately...

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Peter
Pancake
posted 08-20-2004 12:27:38 PM
quote:
Katrinity's account was hax0red to write:
[QB.... everyone is always after my Lucky Charms![/QB]

Who doesn't want Kat's Lucky Charms?

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-20-2004 12:28:42 PM
quote:
Peter impressed everyone with:
Who doesn't want Kat's Lucky Charms?

They're freaking magically delicious, biatch! ^.^

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 08-20-2004 01:03:06 PM
Nothing other then a glass of wine at social events.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-20-2004 01:06:41 PM
Booze and pot..

More booze then pot, and if I could get a good supply of cannabis scented incense... I'd be happy.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 08-20-2004 04:32:57 PM
*waves at trillee*

I can get those, as long as they're only scented

They sell them at the outdoor market here.

and for me: right now, it's booze (probably twice a month), tabacco (once every 3 or 4 months), and mary jane (once a month or so)

in the near future: moren'likely I'll be heading to a rave this year, as well as mexico, so who the hell knows??

I'm also going to JAMAICA. OH YES.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: