EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So I went to thr Pride Parade today (56k eat shoe polish)
Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-28-2004 03:28:28 AM
quote:
Kael had this to say about Knight Rider:
Nah, I don't hate you. Unless you step on my rock, flatlander.

But I like your rock. It's all green and snowy like the mountains I lived in for a while down here. Granted, they don't really compare to Big Bear, but there was snow and mountain people (I am one myself, city folk scare me still, despite two years living surrounded by them).

Might wanna take this to PM or IM, we're kind of hijacking Ferret's thread.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 06-28-2004 03:32:43 AM
What the fuck mountian you lookin at? All the trees are dead/burninated.

And fuck Ferret, he's not cool anymore. R.I.P. Milkrun >:(

Kael fucked around with this message on 06-28-2004 at 03:33 AM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-28-2004 03:59:03 AM
quote:
Kael painfully thought these words up:
What the fuck mountian you lookin at? All the trees are dead/burninated.

And fuck Ferret, he's not cool anymore. R.I.P. Milkrun >

Well, they used to be green...

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 06-28-2004 06:02:59 AM
Yea, San Diego can't really compare to SF, but the store here is litterly called Gaymart, and theres also a Gay -R-Us store 0.o
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 06-28-2004 07:43:48 AM
God damn, I thought I had seen alot of strange stuff on Belmont... thats just... wtf...
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Razor
posted 06-28-2004 09:15:14 AM
*is happy he's now working in No. County* Stupid parade..... I think San Diego's is happening this comming week....
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 06-28-2004 11:50:42 AM
Considering the president is coming dangerously close to making it illegal to be gay... i'd say that while I've never been the type to be one of the pride-parade going, activist-type fags.. I think I need to go do something.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-28-2004 12:01:31 PM
quote:
Aury had this to say about pies:
Considering the president is coming dangerously close to making it illegal to be gay... i'd say that while I've never been the type to be one of the pride-parade going, activist-type fags.. I think I need to go do something.

Wow Aury. This is perhaps the stupidest thing I have ever heard you say. Normally I like you man but you are just trying to be an ass here. At no point in the past 4 has the president or anyone else said that being gay should be illegal. They have said they don't think they should be able to marry. Big difference.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-28-2004 12:53:44 PM
quote:
Blah blah blah Azizza blah blah blah...
Wow Aury. This is perhaps the stupidest thing I have ever heard you say. Normally I like you man but you are just trying to be an ass here. At no point in the past 4 has the president or anyone else said that being gay should be illegal. They have said they don't think they should be able to marry. Big difference.

Oh, so "Please, don't be gay" is different from "Please, be gay, but just don't have us aknowledge your love in any way, shape, or form, because it makes us old, fat, white men uncomfortable."?

Neat.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-28-2004 01:31:29 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about dark elf butts:
Oh, so "Please, don't be gay" is different from "Please, be gay, but just don't have us aknowledge your love in any way, shape, or form, because it makes us old, fat, white men uncomfortable."?

Neat.

Excuse them for having morals that differ ever so slightly from yours. I almost forgot you are the End all be all source of morality and opinions.

Demos
Pancake
posted 06-28-2004 01:39:22 PM
The difference is one groups morals are threatening the happiness and the personal rights of the other group.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 06-28-2004 01:45:01 PM
quote:
Demos's account was hax0red to write:
The difference is one groups morals are threatening the happiness and the personal rights of the other group.

Two men or two women have no personal right to marry anymore than they have the personal right to marry their pet.
Demos
Pancake
posted 06-28-2004 01:48:14 PM
Here's a challenge: Give reasons why not without using religious support.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 06-28-2004 02:44:50 PM
I'm sadf.. I missed Toronto's

it was yesterday

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 06-28-2004 02:52:22 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Azizza wrote:

I almost forgot you are the End all be all source of morality and opinions.

Lord Pot would like to extend his dearest wishes of well-being to the lovely Lady Kettle.

He would also like to inform his critics that he does, indeed, have black friends.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-28-2004 02:55:35 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Cuba:
Two men or two women have no personal right to marry anymore than they have the personal right to marry their pet.

Sort of funny after he berated Delphi for stating his opinion not TWO posts prior

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 06-28-2004 03:01:05 PM
quote:
Azizza enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

Excuse them for having morals that differ ever so slightly from yours. I almost forgot you are the End all be all source of morality and opinions.

This is very, very, .

"Well, excuse them for being different. And also for refusing to excuse you for being different."

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-28-2004 03:08:22 PM
quote:
Kael had this to say about dark elf butts:
Is it odd thought Maho struck me as someone from the mid-west?

I live like 90 or so miles northish from San Diego in the Big Bear area. Stay off my rock, flatlanders.

I used to live in 29 palms, myself.

Big Bear got pretty during the winter.

Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 06-28-2004 03:10:37 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
If Pride Parades had more attractive lesbians making out, their turnouts would be bigger.

That would actually be the Dyke March your thinking of. That happened Saturday.

Ok...so there's more than just the Toronto Pride parade.

But yea, Saturday is the Dyke March (Go lesbian pride!), and sunday is the huge Pride Parade.

I didn't go this year I'll go with my lesbian friend next year in support I just wanted to see the Dyke march...there was MANY bare chests apparantly

Redmage Darkrayver fucked around with this message on 06-28-2004 at 03:14 PM.

Ares
posted 06-28-2004 03:15:28 PM
quote:
Redmage Darkrayver had this to say about Knight Rider:
That would actually be the Dyke March your thinking of. That happened Saturday.

Ok...so there's more than just the Toronto Pride parade.

But yea, Saturday is the Dyke March (Go lesbian pride!), and sunday is the huge Pride Parade.

I didn't go this year I'll go with my lesbian friend next year in support I just wanted to see the Dyke march...there was MANY bare chests apparantly

He doesn't. I believe this was the San Deigo Pride Parade.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-28-2004 03:40:12 PM
Red dot, boy. Stand by it or remove it.
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-28-2004 04:22:45 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Azizza:
At no point in the past 4 has the president or anyone else said that being gay should be illegal.

Umm, less than four years ago, many states had anti-sodomy laws, in which someone could be arrested for performing sodomy in the privacy of their own home. I'd say that making butt sex illegal is about the same as making 'being gay' illegal. When the Supreme Court ruled that the laws be gotten rid of, Republicans complained about legislating from the bench, judicial activism, etc. There were pleny of Republicans who supported those laws.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 06-28-2004 04:31:02 PM
Don't care if you are gay, don't care if you wanna marry another gay person, don't care WHAT you do in the privacy of your own bedroom (Gay OR Strait, shouldn't be public period), but damn gay rights parades scary me. They are just downright creepy and are almost as bad as what they are fighting againts. As in "Here, let me force my lifestyle and preference down your throat".

I got the picture years ago, I understood it years ago, I have gay friends and dont care one way or another about your preference. But my god, shutup already.

I pretty much echo Artty's comments. Being proud is one thing, being outspokenly so, is entirely different while in turn being NO different from what they are prideful against. It's not just the pride marches and stuff though, its like, hollywood and everything. There ALWAYS has to be the token gay character (or characters) in everything. And always flaboyantly so. Talk about propogating a stereotype.

It'd be no difference than a hetero pride parade or pushing hetero values constantly. Cept, you know, we can't have those. They are concidering hateful and predjudiced.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-28-2004 04:36:36 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris was naked while typing this:
It'd be no difference than a hetero pride parade or pushing hetero values constantly. Cept, you know, we can't have those. They are concidering hateful and predjudiced.

Well that's because a lot of the people that would propagate such an event would be the hateful and prejudiced ones that are just trying to say "ha! take that FAGS!" with the parade. You know, it would turn into an anti-gay thing instead of a pro-straight thing. There's a big difference. I'm no supporter of pride parades either, don't get me wrong, but I don't think a hetero pride parade would turn out as you're thinking it might.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-28-2004 04:41:56 PM
quote:
Kegwen stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Well that's because a lot of the people that would propagate such an event would be the hateful and prejudiced ones that are just trying to say "ha! take that FAGS!" with the parade. You know, it would turn into an anti-gay thing instead of a pro-straight thing. There's a big difference. I'm no supporter of pride parades either, don't get me wrong, but I don't think a hetero pride parade would turn out as you're thinking it might.

And you're saying no hetero-hating goes on an a gay rights parade? Non of that "Strait people beating me down, just let me be gay" crap. Cause I can vouche otherwise. In fact, the one in Montrose in Houston back in 95 turned into a riot. NOT because strait people were bashing GAY people, but because a group of gays (Dont remember which one... Rather large and prominant one) got it in thier head that they were gonna prove they were just as good as any strait man, and proceeded to breat the crap out of people on the street. Bajah and Matt probably remember that one, cause it was like telecast everywhere down there for days following the aftermath. And lets not forget some of the weird and freaky violent crap that goes on at Mardi Gra events, and DOESNT just involve, or is started by strait people.

No sorry. A strait person is no better or different than a gay person, but the opposite is also true. BOTH factions have thier own issues, and BOTH factions CAUSE issues. Same applies to Blacks and Whites, Athiests and Christians, etc. It's the exact same comparison.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Mr. Parcelan
posted 06-28-2004 04:44:10 PM
Gay people also eat babies and ride giant chickens as they terrorize local villages in the name of their vile God of the Black Sun.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 06-28-2004 04:44:49 PM
quote:
Zair spewed forth this undeniable truth:
When the Supreme Court ruled that the laws be gotten rid of, Republicans complained about legislating from the bench, judicial activism, etc. There were pleny of Republicans who supported those laws.

Psst! Here's a newsflash for you. There really is no such thing judical activism, et al. There's rulings you agree with and rulings you don't agree with. If the rulings had gone the other way, gays and their supporters would be the ones yelling "activism!", and they'd just as wrong as the Republicans are in this case. The so-called "activist" judge is merely one who makes rulings you don't like.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 06-28-2004 04:45:48 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's fortune cookie read:
Gay people also eat babies and ride giant chickens as they terrorize local villages in the name of their vile God of the Black Sun.

That made me laugh.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Zair
The Imp
posted 06-28-2004 04:48:58 PM
quote:
Callalron impressed everyone with:
Psst! Here's a newsflash for you. There really is no such thing judical activism, et al. There's rulings you agree with and rulings you don't agree with. If the rulings had gone the other way, gays and their supporters would be the ones yelling "activism!", and they'd just as wrong as the Republicans are in this case. The so-called "activist" judge is merely one who makes rulings you don't like.

I agree with everything you said. I'm just saying that judicial activism was what some conservatives in the media were shouting and complaining about. I was pointing out to Azizza that there are indeed some lawmakers who want to make being gay illegal (in the case of sodomy), and in fact it was illegal till about a year or two ago in many states.

Zair fucked around with this message on 06-28-2004 at 04:50 PM.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 06-28-2004 06:20:25 PM
Michael Moore hates fags.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 06-28-2004 06:24:17 PM
quote:
Callalron stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

I thought activist judges were judges that ruled against what the majority wants.

Of course, what would be the point of having judges if we just let the majority of people decide everything.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Maradon!
posted 06-28-2004 08:52:30 PM
quote:
x--AzizzaO-('-'Q) :
Excuse them for having morals that differ ever so slightly from yours.

I think what you meant to say was "Excuse them for having morals that differ ever so slightly from yours and forcing them upon the entire country."

Which is, in fact, inexcusable.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 06-28-2004 09:15:13 PM
quote:
Azizza got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
:rolleyes:

Like Maradon said, having your own set of moral code is fine, as long as you don't force them on everyone else.

But it just doesn't work that way for the religious right, does it? :o

hey
Demos
Pancake
posted 06-28-2004 09:56:09 PM
I'm still waiting for a valid argument for his point that isn't dependant upon a religious viewpoint. Something tells me I'll be waiting for a while.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 06-28-2004 10:15:29 PM
Fags should stay in their home. I don't want to inadvertantly shake hands with some guy who just got done fisting his boyfriend ten minutes ago and forgot to wash up.

>:(

Lashanna
noob
posted 06-28-2004 11:44:48 PM
quote:
Azizza said this about your mom:

This belongs in someone's sig somewhere.

It's pure, 100% uncut hilarity.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 06-29-2004 03:30:23 AM
quote:
Lashanna's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
This belongs in someone's sig somewhere.

It's pure, 100% uncut hilarity.

I was really regretting making this hread for a little bit, but then Azizza was able to make me nearly crack a rib.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 06-29-2004 08:44:42 AM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Pirotess:

Oh.

My.

God.

I can't breathe.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: