EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: gas prices
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 05-04-2004 07:05:06 PM
quote:
BetaTested was listening to Cher while typing:
Considering I cannot open my owners manual anymore I wouldn't know weather or not to use premium only. I bought the car used about a year ago. Then again it's an 1982 320i. An inline 4 that produced 101hp stock and displaced 1779cc or so and was suppost to average 25mpg in the city when mated to the 5-speed manual transmission. In the city I'll average about 20, and a good 25 with mixed city/freeway driving, and I got about 30mpg when I took a 100 mile freeway trip trying to keep up with the newer BMWs.
I probably "don't" have to use premium on it, but the sound that it makes when I run it on even 89 opposed to 91 makes me worry and shudder. [edit] Oh and the comp ratio stock is about 8.8:1 I know it's not that great, but still. [/edit]

I'm guessing you sold it... but (for anyone else) try running more than one tank of regular through it and that sound will go away.

You gotta give the computer time to adjust to lower octane.

8.8:1 is nothing. You could probably run 70 octane in it with no problems.

Kermitov
Pancake
posted 05-04-2004 07:10:58 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about the Spice Girls:
oddly they were taken off the market becuse no one wnated to buy them

small dick factor

I would have gladly taken it as my first car... and I would have... except in my sophomore year of high school it got totalled by someone with expired tags, no license, and no insurance... who ran a red light going about 45.

my dad was not injured... the other amazing thing.

He bought a 1999 Chevy Metro which so far has gotten 40mpg at best. But it's a little bigger, a lot heavier, and much better equipped.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 05-05-2004 12:03:03 AM
quote:
Callalron had this to say about Tron:
Well, let's do some math here. 3.54 liters (one U.S. gallon) times A$0.73 equals A$2.58 per gallon. Each A$ was worth US$0.72 at last market close. 2.58 times .72 equals US$1.86 when you round off.

Shit, the best price I can get in town at Costco, where I have to be member is $2.04/gallon.

Trouble is, it hasn't been that cheap for a long while...

Prices are currently hanging out at about A$0.95 to A$1.00 per litre though, which is quite a difference. On the bright side, at least we're not Europe.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 05-05-2004 12:20:58 AM
Milk is getting expansive too, 4 bucks a gallon around here.
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-05-2004 12:55:29 AM
quote:
Pvednes had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Trouble is, it hasn't been that cheap for a long while...

Prices are currently hanging out at about A$0.95 to A$1.00 per litre though, which is quite a difference. On the bright side, at least we're not Europe.

Yes, I remember European gas prices. When I was stationed in Germany we could buy coupons for our gas that we bought off-base. It wasn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure beat paying full market price on the German economy. Driving back from Hahn AB to my base at Ramstein once, I needed gas and discovered that I was out of coupons. One second mortgage later, I had a full tank of gas and was back on my way.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 05-05-2004 01:05:24 AM
oaenly the ROAED WARRIOER woeries abouet gasoelien pricescene!!11
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 05-05-2004 05:12:25 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Super Kagrama said:
oaenly the ROAED WARRIOER woeries abouet gasoelien pricescene!!11

Kagrama! Only you could make me not care about gas prices

Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 05-05-2004 12:26:33 PM
$2.09 for 89 and $2.29 for premium, but it's 93 so it's all good.
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 05-05-2004 01:43:46 PM
It's currently $0.85 per Litre here in Burlington....and that's just brutal.

We're used to $0.60 - $0.75 ranges of prices

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-05-2004 01:50:15 PM
Heh, if you complain about the gas prices in the states don't ever move to europe.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.

can you please fix my title
posted 05-05-2004 01:58:42 PM
prices in europe are higher due to taxes on the fuel.... if you guys werent so green crazy and social program orinted your fuel would be cheaper

on the other hand from what i rember your public transportation system is soo good why do you even care?

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: