EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: If you had a billion dollars like me?
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-29-2004 12:23:16 AM
ok ok let me just summerize.

Move to florida, get house.

Get established there, bills sent, passport and ID/Liscence changed over.

Go to college.

Become freelance Illustrator/GD untill something stable comes along.

Send mom lots of cash to help fix up thier house, and hopefully let her freakin retire.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 02-29-2004 01:05:54 AM
quote:
Somthor scribbled:
Logic also dictates that bank would give customers with large deposits such as 1 mill a prefered rate in order to get and maintain thier bussness.

Not if they're keeping it in your average savings account. Interest rates on those are always rock bottom because you retain the ability to withdraw it at any time.

Once you start removing the liquidity, that's where the better interest rates come from, and when you've got lots of money, you can freeze some of it to capitalize on that, and that's why people with lots of money get better returns. In fact, while a million bucks is nothing, I'd be surprised if a bank would even let you keep a billion dollars in an unrestricted account (the FDIC would probably have something to say about it) -- certainly it'd be stupid to do so since there are better investments for money you're not currently using than just sticking it in a bank account.

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited by: Drysart ]

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-29-2004 01:08:41 AM
Stick in what you can, invest the rest.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 02-29-2004 01:09:39 AM
quote:
What the Trillee??
Stick in what you can, invest the rest.

*sticks it all in*

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-29-2004 01:11:48 AM
quote:
Drysart still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
*sticks it all in*

This of course begs the question: in exactly what could have invested, had you not stuck it all in?

Edit: wording

[ 02-29-2004: Message edited by: Karnaj ]

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-29-2004 01:16:03 AM
quote:
Drysart stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
*sticks it all in*

I wouldn't stop you...

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 02-29-2004 11:32:39 AM
Clothes, College, a highly economic car, a beefy civic engine to plop in my Geo Metro, and a complete refurbish of my 74 Ranchero.

Most likely I'd get distracted and end up with a million dollars worth of clothes.

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 02-29-2004 03:52:45 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Vorbis:

Most likely I'd get distracted and end up with a million dollars worth of clothes.

You're such a girl.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-29-2004 03:56:24 PM
Oh, it just hit me, I'd definitely get a jet-powered toilet with cushioned seat and recliner functions. Because you know, when you're done, you just want to sit and catch up on events.
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 02-29-2004 03:57:13 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Vorbis said:
Clothes, College, a highly economic car, a beefy civic engine to plop in my Geo Metro, and a complete refurbish of my 74 Ranchero.

I thought I'd never meet a real metrosexual.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 02-29-2004 06:33:05 PM
If I had a million dollars, I'd find some way to turn it into even more money, and get started on my Space Ninja Monkey Battle Cruiser World Domination Plan (SNMBCWDP).
Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-01-2004 04:10:20 AM
I'd buy me... THE WORST HANGOVER EVER!

Seriously though, I'd do exactly what Bloodsage said. Invest the money carefully over a longer period of time.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 03-01-2004 09:23:24 AM
quote:
Arttemis had this to say about Knight Rider:

We do exist, believe it or not!

Star Collective
Pancake
posted 03-01-2004 11:11:20 AM
Give my parents enough to pay off the mortgage, get my car repainted/banged back into shape, pay for college tuition, invest the rest.
The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-01-2004 01:28:39 PM
quote:
Arttemis had this to say about Robocop:

if you think about it, you haven't really met him in the strictest sense.

besides, maybe he's just pretending to be a metrosexual.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 03-01-2004 03:23:40 PM
quote:
Don't feed the Super Kagrama:
MUEGGING SI the ORDAER OF the DAEY!!!111!1

COMEDY GOLD!

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: