EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Somthor
Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-24-2003 04:42:05 PM
is your friend.

I wish it would just hide all the stupid threads he starts.

And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-24-2003 04:45:35 PM
Ignoring him is surrendering. It suggests that such blatant stupidity somehow has a right to hang out with us.

He should just catch a clue and leave.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Gadani
U
posted 12-24-2003 04:48:05 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Pirotess:
Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-24-2003 05:24:19 PM
quote:
Bloodsage attempted to be funny by writing:
Ignoring him is surrendering. It suggests that such blatant stupidity somehow has a right to hang out with us.

Actually, I was hoping that Drysart's idiot-trap code still existed where he would get auto-banned if enough people ignored him. Maybe that doesnt work anymore *shrugs*
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-24-2003 05:27:24 PM
That's a thought.

There's probably an unwritten rule about an active campaign to make that happen, though.

Some people are just too stupid to quit hanging around people who don't like them.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Captain Hagrid Starcrust III
Pancake
posted 12-24-2003 05:55:26 PM
hay guys, a limerick is A A B B A

Limerick

Tally of foods I haven't fucked up:
  • Grilled Cheese
  • Home Fries
  • Tuna Salad Sandwich
  • Hard boiled egg
    Live Journaley Goodness
  • Liam
    Swims in Erotic Circles
    posted 12-24-2003 05:56:42 PM
    quote:
    Espio Idsavant had this to say about John Romero:
    Actually, I was hoping that Drysart's idiot-trap code still existed where he would get auto-banned if enough people ignored him. Maybe that doesnt work anymore *shrugs*

... That was a suggestion set forth by Blindy just yesterday.

Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 05:59:10 PM
    And ignoring works fine for me. This way, I don't see all the irritating, dumb remarks that make up 80% of his communicative capacity, but I still get to laugh at the barely thought out opinions that he states and argues as fact even while admitting they have no validity.
  • Grilled Cheese
  • Home Fries
  • Tuna Salad Sandwich
  • Hard boiled egg
    Live Journaley Goodness
  • diadem
    eet bugz
    posted 12-24-2003 06:03:23 PM
    i protest
    play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
    Bajah
    Thooooooor
    posted 12-24-2003 06:18:14 PM
    Why can't you all just leave the poor guy alone? So he's not perfect. Woop.

It's Christmas, damnit. Have a heart and let it go. It's not like he's pooping on your doorstep. I'm sorry he's challenged your elitist "We own EC" attitudes.

Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 06:31:00 PM
    quote:
    Bajah had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

It's Christmas, damnit. Have a heart and let it go. It's not like he's pooping on your doorstep. I'm sorry he's challenged your elitist "We own EC" attitudes.

You really haven't read many of his posts, have you?

• Grilled Cheese
  • Home Fries
  • Tuna Salad Sandwich
  • Hard boiled egg
    Live Journaley Goodness
  • King Parcelan
    Chicken of the Sea
    posted 12-24-2003 06:32:48 PM
    quote:
    Bajah was naked while typing this:

There are over a hundred things wrong with your statement, but since it's Christmas, I'll be brief.

He's not "challenging the elitist attitudes" idea. That's more "gotta be cool and buck the trend" bunk. He's a troll. There is no way around it, Bajah.

I know you want to protect those you think are getting picked on, but he's a troll. He attacked and insulted you, he'll do it again, and he'll never feel any remorse for it. He's a troll.

Sorry.

Delphi Aegis
    Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
    posted 12-24-2003 06:36:32 PM
    quote:
    Liam painfully thought these words up:
    ... That was a suggestion set forth by Blindy just yesterday.

It was put in the second the ignore function was. THUS BLINDY IS A STUPID HEAD!

Palador ChibiDragon
    Dismembered
    posted 12-24-2003 06:45:52 PM
    Guys, it doesn't matter if he deserves the flaming or not. The person asking you to be nice for Christmas is Bajah.

You remember Bajah, don't you? Funny stories, contests for Christmas presents, and all around cool guy? Yah, that Bajah.

I think that we can all agree that Bajah is cool enough to get a few days of good behavior out of us if he asks for it.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
    Suddar
    posted 12-24-2003 06:57:57 PM
    If people don't like Somthor, people don't like Somthor. I don't have a huge problem with him but he's still been a bit of a little shit.

Bajah is cool, yes, but that doesn't mean people need to idol worship him and do every word and command he says. Somthor has certainly done his part to earn the board's emnity. I think a more reasonable christmas gift would be Somthor toning it down for a few days.

Ragabash
    Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 06:59:20 PM
    I just don't get it. I get why you don't like him, but I don't get the utter hatred I see for him.

He's terrible at arguements and pessimistic as hell. When I read his posts, that's all I see. But you know, there's plenty of people here that aren't good at arguing. Some, like Somthor, even ignore proof that others provide and continue arguing the same tired thing even after it's been disproven. I'm not going to name names, but I can think of 2 at least that do this and are still widely accepted on the boards.

His pessimism can get annoying, but again, I just don't see it as being such a big deal to warrant all the hate.

What I find interesting is I'll read something he says and think nothing of it, and then I watch as people tear into him at something they read into it, some vieled insult or if they can't seem to find one despite their efforts, just at his general character. You have to have the mindset in the first place to even see these things, and I'm flabergasted at the way what he posts gets twisted around.

I also don't understand people not just hitting the ignore button. Sage says it's letting him win, which I disagree with. Personally, I think it's just that it's widely known a lot of people dislike him, so they feel justified in leaving him unignored and safe in tearing him a new one whenever they can. There are some exceptions to this, but I think it's the reason for the mass hatred.

Somthor is one of 2 things, I think. He's either a really big pessimist. Or, it's possible that Somthor is a troll, and you're giving him exactly what he wants, massive attention. And if he's a troll, he's a fricking genius! He's managed to subtley get people pissed in such a way that won't get him banned, but vice versa.

Anyway, do what you want. I just felt like adding my views. No I'm not trying to be a "can't we all just get along" guy, I just...don't...get it. You can try to explain if you want, but I've read all the arguements before in Black Mage's post, and they don't shed any useful light on it, so unless it's new it probably won't change how I'm seeing this.

Feed my hungry soul.
    Liam
    Swims in Erotic Circles
    posted 12-24-2003 07:00:46 PM
    quote:
    Palador ChibiDragon was listening to Cher while typing:
    Guys, it doesn't matter if he deserves the flaming or not. The person asking you to be nice for Christmas is Bajah.

You remember Bajah, don't you? Funny stories, contests for Christmas presents, and all around cool guy? Yah, that Bajah.

I think that we can all agree that Bajah is cool enough to get a few days of good behavior out of us if he asks for it.

Yeah, this bothers me too.

I mean, I like Bajah as well, he really is a great guy. But how come whenever he starts a thread, it automatically becomes gold? I mean, does Bajah have a lot of secret stalkers or something?

Ace in the Spade
    Pancake
    posted 12-24-2003 07:12:09 PM
    quote:
    Liam had this to say about John Romero:

I mean, I like Bajah as well, he really is a great guy. But how come whenever he starts a thread, it automatically becomes gold? I mean, does Bajah have a lot of secret stalkers or something?

Obviously Bajah is an alchemist. Turning base threads into purest gold! He has surely found the Moderator Stone!

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
    Monica
    I've got an owie on my head :(
    posted 12-24-2003 07:14:41 PM
    quote:
    Bajah Model 2000 was programmed to say:

Yo that was like my first real flame on Somthor. I generally just ignore him otherwise.

Bajah
    Thooooooor
    posted 12-24-2003 07:18:32 PM
    quote:
    Out of a possible 10, Liam scored a straight 1 with:

I'm well-hung.

can you please fix my title
    posted 12-24-2003 11:33:07 PM
    You know If I were a troll. I'd post replies to every thread just to say somthing. If I were a troll everytime someone said somthing negative I'd respond and in a nasty fashion. If I were a troll I'd never admit I was wrong. If I were a troll I'd post thread after thread ( Its normaly no more than two a day for me.)

I'm not a troll. I just dont think like you think. What I have to say may not be well thought out, but its not said with the motive to foment unrest. You can take that for what its worth.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
    King Parcelan
    Chicken of the Sea
    posted 12-24-2003 11:58:59 PM
    Sorry, you're a troll. Everybody knows it and the only reason you don't embrace it yourself is because you want to cling the facade of being somewhat civil.

You're not. You're a troll. There's no "you're just FREAKING OUT because I challenge the establishment, MAAAAN!" You're a troll. There's no "you don't like me because I don't think like you, THOUGHT POLICE!" You're a troll.

No matter what you say, no matter how badly you want it to be opposite, you're a troll. You were born a troll. You'll die a troll. There's nothing you can do to change it that hasn't been suggested, and you spurn that advice time and again, indicating you have no wish to change.

You're a troll. You'll never be anything but a troll.

Sorry for bringing down the Christmas spirit.

Liam
    Swims in Erotic Circles
    posted 12-25-2003 12:01:18 AM
    hey mon ya got da rituous groove
    Lenlalron Flameblaster
    posted 12-25-2003 12:41:07 AM
    We've obviously seen that, you know, hitting him upside the head sixteen times over isn't working.

And yet you all do it again? And again? Expecting it to WORK this time?

You all are LETTING him control all the threads he posts in. LETTING him.

It doesn't matter if he's stupid, if he's dumb, angry, trollish, whatever. It takes at least two people to have a conversation: One to say something, the other to respond.

How is hitting the ignore button letting him win? How is that "acceptance"?

When people stop responding to him, that's when his statements don't MEAN anything. When they don't mean something, then it strikes a truer cord of dislike than any hate-filled rhetoric.

Why do the most controversial, the most annoying people continue to talk? Because it elicits a response! Any publicity is good publicity, to them.

I don't like Somthor, either. He's got a lot of polish that needs to be put on.

But punching a brick wall isn't going to break it down anytime soon.

I mean, if you all really want him to leave, then make no more room in the circle. Shut him out. Mass ignore.

Unless this is some sort of circus weight-lifting contest, it seems the logical thing to do.

Bloodsage, you are a smart man, but you need to realize that you can't force people to change. I know you crusade against ignorance and stupidity, and that's respctable, but you cannot force people to become smart. You can show them the way; but you cannot lead them down it.

[ 12-25-2003: Message edited by: Lenlalron Flameblaster ]

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.

can you please fix my title
    posted 12-25-2003 12:53:22 AM
    quote:
    Bloodsage had this to say about Optimus Prime:
    That's a thought.

There's probably an unwritten rule about an active campaign to make that happen, though.

Some people are just too stupid to quit hanging around people who don't like them.

Nope just to stubborn.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
    Drysart
    Pancake
    posted 12-25-2003 12:53:58 AM
    Anyone who posts in this thread after this post will be banned.
    All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: