EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Powers
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 11-17-2003 02:54:25 AM
hmm... invisibility.. flight... shapeshifting... and Telekenisis.. and mind reading.. LOL

is that too much to ask? LOL

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 11-17-2003 03:30:38 AM
Reflection.

Make anyone there own worst enemy, and make myself nearly invincible.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 11-17-2003 03:41:04 AM
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 11-17-2003 05:35:06 AM
Time travel, immortality, and the ability to not have to sleep.
"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-17-2003 05:50:44 AM
I want the Flash's loadout of powers. Hyper speed (catch bullets out of the air? sure! run at just under the speed of light without dying? sure!), speed manipulation (lend your personal super-speed pool to others, steal the kinetic energy from other people or objects), altered personal time rate ("Speaking as someone who has over three hundred normal sleep cycles a day..."), rapid regeneration (anything shy of cutting a limb off generally heals), intangibility (though technically since Wally leaves a wake of speed energy, anything he runs through gets hyper-fried, kinda like a microwave).
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

nem-x
posted 11-17-2003 05:51:54 AM
Iceman's powers, because it's hella hot here.
Vinven D`Slyfox
posted 11-17-2003 06:26:54 AM
Teleportation with some telekenetic ability, to be a great thief.

or the ability to make wishes and have them come true, then I could have whatever powers I want whenever.

Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-17-2003 07:13:13 AM
I don't see why anyone would want to be immortal, I mean, shit, there's some things you just don't want to live through. Besides, life is boring enough as it is, would you really wanna live for eternity?

Invincibility would be a far better choice, at least in my opinion.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 11-17-2003 08:16:25 AM
quote:
Mooj had this to say about Captain Planet:
I don't see why anyone would want to be immortal, I mean, shit, there's some things you just don't want to live through. Besides, life is boring enough as it is, would you really wanna live for eternity?

Invincibility would be a far better choice, at least in my opinion.

Well, if you have immortality AND time travel just imagine all you could see.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 11-17-2003 08:24:29 AM
The ability to percieve my time asleep at the same speed as my time awake.

Effectively double your percepted time AND lucid dream at the same time! Schweet. Would suck with nightmares though

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 11-17-2003 08:25:31 AM
Immortality, with a catch- You die if you're decapitated. Then all we need is more immortals, and a few swords...
Taeolas
Pancake
posted 11-17-2003 09:46:15 AM
Hmmm... Tough to chose. My top 3 would probably be:

Shape shifting
Phasing (able to turn intangible; like Shadowcat)
Teleportation

Others would be nice but I'd be happy with any oen of those three.

Star Collective
Pancake
posted 11-17-2003 10:52:53 AM
Telepathy.

Body getting old? Take someone elses. Test? Take the knowledge from the teacher's mind. Hundreds of other uses.

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-17-2003 10:58:10 AM
Control over kenetics and limited telepathy

goku's teleportation

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-17-2003 11:16:12 AM
quote:
From the book of Mooj, chapter 3, verse 16:

Speaking purely for myself, yes.
But if I decide to hurl myself into a volcano or something I should still die.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 11-17-2003 01:17:33 PM
The ability to manipulate sonic vibrations.
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Mod
Pancake
posted 11-17-2003 01:33:41 PM
Mind control sounds pretty useful, especially if it includes normally non-concious brain functions.

[ 11-17-2003: Message edited by: Shazorx / Modrakien ]

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 11-17-2003 01:46:27 PM
Any of the following:
>> Total shapeshifting with zero maintenance (concentrate to change form) [Mistique].
>> Telekinesis [Jean Grey]
>> Telepathy [Professor X]
>> Manipulation of chance, i.e. the ability to change any possibility into certainty.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 11-18-2003 02:31:55 PM
Super hearing, one that allows me to hear what's being said around me (as I was born with a hearing loss) and that allows me to instantly hear and speak in any language.

How cool is that?

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Goma
Pancake
posted 11-18-2003 03:16:25 PM
Telepathic and Telekinetic powers, Akira style.

(Well.. Tetsuo to be specific, since you never see Akira do anything but blow the entire city up. And without the bodily mutation and unstableness, of course. I dont want to die within like 48 hours of developing the abilities.)

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 11-18-2003 03:44:59 PM
Mind-reading and telekinetic abilities, most likely.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-18-2003 03:48:51 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Duck Tales:
Speaking purely for myself, yes.
But if I decide to hurl myself into a volcano or something I should still die.

Interesting point...There's a comic called "Resurrection Man" who basically dies to reload a new set of powers, and then returns to life. In the end, Vandal Savage (a true immortal), can't kill him for good, so he kills him "forever" by setting a device to keep killing RM over and over and over forever.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 11-18-2003 03:56:12 PM
There's no time for us,
There's no place for us
What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away from us
Who wants to live forever,
Who wants to live forever?

There's no chance for us,
It's all decided for us
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us
Who dares to love forever?
When love must die.

But touch my tears with your lips,
Touch my world with your fingertips
And we can have forever,
And we can love forever,
Forever is our today.

Forever is our today...
Who wants forever anyway?

I bug you with this because all that immortality talk got it stuck in my head.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-18-2003 04:47:57 PM
Superior physical form. Strength, speed and agility, regeneration, no dying of old age but not completely invincible.

Any power would be worthless without some way to stay alive forever IMO.

hey
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 11-18-2003 05:59:19 PM
Argh, too many to count...If I had to pick three, I'd pick telekinesis(flight can be included, just lift yourself), telepathy(can manipulate people's perceptions of you to shapeshift in a way), and hyper-regeneration.
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Puggy
Pancake
posted 11-18-2003 08:56:26 PM
quote:
Gomateux had this to say about Pirotess:
Telepathic and Telekinetic powers, Akira style.

(Well.. Tetsuo to be specific, since you never see Akira do anything but blow the entire city up. And without the bodily mutation and unstableness, of course. I dont want to die within like 48 hours of developing the abilities.)

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: