EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I don't get it.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 04-30-2003 08:41:55 AM
A friend of mine went this year, and she said it sucked. She left early because she was bored. I think next year I'm going to try to talk her into us both acting like we're going to prom, getting dressed up, the whole nine yards... but actually exploring around downtown instead. Hopefully we can get some other people in on it, too. I dunno.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-30-2003 09:07:12 AM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Yep. The good old nice guy exlanation.

"You're a nice guy, but..."

I have nightmares about that phrase

I hear that. Believe me I got it a lot too. But here soon they will start to realise that it is the nice guy that will give them a good life.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 04-30-2003 09:07:37 AM
The Prom is just like any other dance in High school, its just over-hyped and more effort is put into decorations and such. You don't go to the Prom for music cause the band usually sucks. You don't go to the Prom for fun dancing, most people don't even know how to Waltz. The real reason you go is if you have a lot of friends there. If you don't have many there, then its just as well you don't go, date or no date. The real fun of Prom season is the after-Prom parties which are 100 times more fun than Prom and you get to see your friends there anyway. ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 04-30-2003 09:52:15 AM
I've actually used the "You're a nice girl, but..." phrase. v_v
Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 04-30-2003 10:16:01 AM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster had this to say about pies:
Nah, it's too late to get a date. I've already asked people, using what confidence I can muster- I don't get taken seriously.

It pisses me off, you know? I got thrown into the 'nice guy' category. (loser).

I'm just worried that it will repeat itself in college, when you really can/do find the girl of your dreams.

Welcome to the club man. I typically fall into that category as well.

I can't give any greater advice than Parce on this one though. Never give up, Never surrender!

I trust that you'll find someone for prom, if not, go stag. Last time I did, wound up dating a pretty decent chick.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 04-30-2003 01:04:25 PM
It's like you're describing my entire history with women, Len.

Or lack of, I suppose. :/

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 04-30-2003 02:27:44 PM
See, the difference to your prom and ours is that ours is actually our "graduation dance" thingy.

(Means: You gotta go ^_^ especially if you have my friends)

but the "nice guy" thing is only used by selfish brats. (no offence Vorbo ^)^ feel the ) but that's the way it's seen from another girl's point of view towards another girl. (if that made sense).
that's what I think.

but meh, if you can't find a date, go stag. The wrose that could happen is you get bored and leave. at least you had the experience, right?

^_^

rejection is okay. I went through it a million times before I got my date. (and I had to con him into it ^_^)

Take Parce's advice.
OMG did I just type that?

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-30-2003 02:31:32 PM
quote:
Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles had this to say about Optimus Prime:

rejection is okay. I went through it a million times before I got my date. (and I had to con him into it ^_^)

How did you Con him into it?
And why would you have to.

Dang why is it that all these pretty girls seem to have trouble with dating. LOL. Where were you all when I was a Junior

BeauChan
posted 04-30-2003 02:40:02 PM
quote:
From the book of Azizza, chapter 3, verse 16:
How did you Con him into it?
And why would you have to.

Dang why is it that all these pretty girls seem to have trouble with dating. LOL. Where were you all when I was a Junior

We Were friends beofre hand and I had told him (he's a year younger btw,) earlier in the month that I liked him.

so I conned him.
^_^ I'm good at that.

Here's the story:
Intent on getting him to go to Prom with me, I was in out music office with him, Braden, Brian, and Colin. (4 of my "drama geek friends")
I was talking about grad, and I asked braden if he'd go with me, and I knew he'd say no, so I asked Colin, and he's going to his this year, so he said no, and then I asked Mike (that's the guy) if he'd go with me and he said no, so then I asked Brian (he's gay) and he said "thats interesting but no." So then I got all pouty and was like "so why won't anyone go with me?" and gave him a look, and was like "oh okay. just cause you asked."

now he's all excited to go with the limo and the suit and all.

^_^

edit: thanksfor the compliment Azz!

[ 04-30-2003: Message edited by: Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles ]

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-30-2003 02:43:03 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles!
We Were friends beofre hand and I had told him (he's a year younger btw,) earlier in the month that I liked him.

so I conned him.
^_^ I'm good at that.

Here's the story:
Intent on getting him to go to Prom with me, I was in out music office with him, Braden, Brian, and Colin. (4 of my "drama geek friends")
I was talking about grad, and I asked braden if he'd go with me, and I knew he'd say no, so I asked Colin, and he's going to his this year, so he said no, and then I asked Mike (that's the guy) if he'd go with me and he said no, so then I asked Brian (he's gay) and he said "thats interesting but no." So then I got all pouty and was like "so why won't anyone go with me?" and gave him a look, and was like "oh okay. just cause you asked."

now he's all excited to go with the limo and the suit and all.

^_^

edit: thanksfor the compliment Azz!

That was nice and evil.
This one has potential

Star Collective
Pancake
posted 04-30-2003 02:43:31 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster thought about the meaning of life:
Yep. The good old nice guy exlanation.

"You're a nice guy, but..."

I have nightmares about that phrase

*surreptitiously removes the tape-recorder from under Lenny's pillow and non-chalantly tosses it out a nearby window, assuming an innocent expresssion*

Gee, how did that under there . . .

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
BeauChan
posted 04-30-2003 02:47:33 PM
YAY
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 04-30-2003 03:25:59 PM
quote:
Beaukat a.k.a Nibbles had this to say about Optimus Prime:
YAY

*harnesses the evil and puts it to use*
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-30-2003 04:12:25 PM
If you think you're gonna have fun, got some friends to hang out with, or just want the experience, then go Len. Go stag if you aren't able to get a date. Or maybe see if a female friend will go as friends with you?

I never got asked to my own prom. I went stag my junior year, and my two friends who I went with had dates. I borrowed one friend's date for my pictures, so I wouldn't have to be alone in them. And my senior year I went to two, my own (which I asked my friend Will to) and to my good friend Rusty's who I went as friends with.

It was fun for me, because I got to spend time with my friends, and at my own prom, the guy who DJ'd was a student and he kept the good tunes going all night. It was a blast just to get wild and crazy and something I'm glad I didn't miss.

It's not for everyone, though. So if you don't think you'll have fun, then don't go.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 04-30-2003 04:32:52 PM
I don't have to put up with hearing any dumb phrases directed to me because I'm practically invisible in real life.

Yay.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: