EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I was bored...
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-11-2003 08:40:52 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Lashanna stammered:
I'm sorry if I'm "uncaring" or something.

No, you're just extremely self-centered and egotistical. But hey, that's not your fault, right? We're all products of our environment and we have no hand in choosing how we view and treat the world.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-11-2003 08:42:00 PM
Heeeeere we go again!
Lashanna
noob
posted 03-11-2003 08:51:17 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael probably says this to all the girls:

No, you're just extremely self-centered and egotistical. But hey, that's not your fault, right? We're all products of our environment and we have no hand in choosing how we view and treat the world.

Yeah, I'm being self-centered and egotistical? Because I don't feel the banner should be decided on by something like viewing the boards at work?

Couldn't I say you're being self-centered and egotistical because you don't want to turn off images.

Seriously, I've viewed the boards without images quite a few times (mostly because of a really sucky computer, rather than any worrying about "work safe", even though these times were on campus).

And you responded really really harshly with a flame, to something really pretty much non-hostile. I'm not trying to start a fight here, I'm just saying...

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-11-2003 08:51:47 PM
quote:
So quoth Lyinar Ka`Bael:

O...k...

How is letting you know of a way to make the boards safe for you to look at, self-centered and egotistical?

As you keep fondly stating, this is Drys' board. If he wants to place that banner up, he has ever right to. And it's a very nice banner at that.

Find a different set of boards to look at, while at work, Lyinar.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 03-11-2003 08:55:22 PM
This from Miss "OMG, I can have any sig pic I want! You're ruing my fun!" You ARE self-centered and egotistical. You even admitted that you post those just to get a rise. And you openly admitted that you get jealous of attention that other people get. If that's not self-centered, I really don't know what is.

Whenever a debate like this comes up, that is always the position that you take. I do not think in all your time posting here I have EVER seen you make a statement or take a stance that took *everyone* into consideration, and tried to be fair to all. Just those you "approve" of, and the rest of us can just fuck ourselves in your opinion.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 03-11-2003 08:57:02 PM
I can't wait to see how long this thread has gotten when I get back =\
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Cleopatra
Pancake
posted 03-11-2003 08:58:26 PM
I haven't had to pimp any threads in a long time. Don't make me start again now. That was very uncalled for, Lyinar. Lyinar and Lashanna need to hug. We need more hugs. Especially between the women. I can charge for tickets.

And speaking of pimping threads. I saw this kid today with a shirt that read, "Pimpin' Is Easy." He was around 13 and horribly ugly. So I bitch slapped him like the little white trash he was and took his girl.

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: Dolemite ]

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 03-11-2003 09:00:06 PM
quote:
How.... Dolemite.... uughhhhhh:
And speaking of pimping threads. I saw this kid today with a shirt that read, "Pimpin' Is Easy." He was around 13 and horribly ugly. So I bitch slapped him like the little white trash he was and took his girl.

You've done good.

Pimpin' most certainly ain't easy, and it takes a real pimp to do it.

Sean
posted 03-11-2003 09:04:25 PM
quote:
Tegadil had this to say about Pirotess:
You've done good.

Teggy! Buddy! Can we fix this? Please?

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-11-2003 09:04:37 PM
And then there's the people that're afraid of saying anything even remotely negative about any of Fae's work for fear of being hated by everyone for having a differing opinion!

I'm suprised Tarquinn hasn't been ostracized.

edit: wording

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-11-2003 09:11:23 PM
I'll say it.

Fae does good work, but this is pretty shoddy. Not up to what we've seen.

That solves conflict number two.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-11-2003 09:12:36 PM
quote:
Don Parcelan obviously shouldn't have said:
I'll say it.

Fae does good work, but this is pretty shoddy. Not up to what we've seen.

That solves conflict number two.

That solves it for now..

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-11-2003 09:14:02 PM
quote:
From the book of Kegwen, chapter 3, verse 16:
That solves it for now..

And if you know what's good for you, forever.

If you don't like Fae's work, come out and say it, but say it constructively. If you want to suggest a new way to do it, or comment on its quality, go ahead.

If you want to just say "I don't like Fae's work", then you can just as easily keep that to yourself and just avoid Fae's work.

We don't need snide comments coming out and starting fights.

Lashanna
noob
posted 03-11-2003 09:14:48 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael obviously shouldn't have said:
This from Miss "OMG, I can have any sig pic I want! You're ruing my fun!" You ARE self-centered and egotistical. You even admitted that you post those just to get a rise. And you openly admitted that you get jealous of attention that other people get. If that's not self-centered, I really don't know what is.

Whenever a debate like this comes up, that is always the position that you take. I do not think in all your time posting here I have EVER seen you make a statement or take a stance that took *everyone* into consideration, and tried to be fair to all. Just those you "approve" of, and the rest of us can just fuck ourselves in your opinion.

Wow, you are getting really really low here.
The "Any SigPic I want" is obviously within reason. I've changed any and all unreasonable sigpics I've had (if you dare say my current one is unreasonably NSFW... So help me God...).

"Getting a rise out of people" is because, yeah, you put on a really funny show when you get so angry you can't think straight, Lyinar. It's also a way to downplay any amount that you bitching about sigpics bothers me. It does bother me quite a bit, but if I say I'm just using the sigpics to get a rise out of you, then yeah, it doesn't look like it was that important to me, and I don't feel as bad about it. It actually dulls your raging flame wars.

quote:
And you openly admitted that you get jealous of attention that other people get. If that's not self-centered, I really don't know what is.

Out of all the things in your post... This is the one that probably was the most true, and hurt the most. However, it's also a very very personal flaw, that I felt reasonably safe admitting in the thread I admitted it, because I was pretty sure everyone at EC was decent enough to not sink to exploiting something very personal.

Yeah, I do get jealous of attention other people get, in some instances. I'm not sure why, because in most instances, it doesn't make sense. Getting jealous of attention from horny teenage boys isn't something I'm prone too.

If you want to know what my biggest, latest EC involved envy/jealousy was, I'll tell you. Adrecia's character in Za's D&D campaign got to participate in a really neat aspect of the story, and got to do some cool private RP. It's not that big a deal, really, and I can see that. But for some reason, it made me get so envious/depressed that I wanted to turn off my computer, or that I felt physical discomfort over it when trying to sleep.

So don't for a second presume to understand my problem with envy.

As for me taking everyone into consideration...
It's useless. You can't please everyone. But that's beside the point, because you have almost never even remotely tried to take everyone in consideration. So who are you to criticize me about it?

Yeah, there are those I "approve of" whose opinions I value. Yeah, it's true, they sure as Hell aren't you.

And please, don't bring in any of my personal faults into this. It would start to get really nasty when people start bringing in children, and past involvements with other members, and glaring psychological flaws (the last of which you've already tried to bring in).

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 03-11-2003 09:15:58 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Pirotess:
And then there's the people that're afraid of saying anything even remotely negative about any of Fae's work for fear of being hated by everyone for having a differing opinion!

I'm suprised Tarquinn hasn't been ostracized.

edit: wording

Lock this thread NOW, or I'm seriously gonna get pissed off. And Kegwen, you notice how two people critiqued, and I addressed them both civilly. Even you ever, and I mean EVER insuniate anything even remotely as idiotic or inflamitory as this again I will personally set your ass on fire for your your stupidity.

I am an artist, I am a proffesional. I can and often do deal with critisism and if you even try to drag me into another one of those clique bullshit follower labels, you will seriously regret it. I belong to no group and am a part of all. Back the fuck off before I make it miserable for you.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Cleopatra
Pancake
posted 03-11-2003 09:17:39 PM
Maybe I need to post more like Drysart. Let me give it a go:

I SAID PLAY NICE GOD DAMN IT AND I WAS FUCKING SERIOUS.

And since Fae asked so nicely... I have to pimp this thread! But only for Fae.

[ 03-11-2003: Message edited by: Dolemite ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: