EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Heroes and Legends of Aleria (Caution, Large Images)
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 02-13-2003 01:59:37 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Pirotess:
Bah... history snippet was WAY too long for her, had to condense it to fit on the image. Makes it not sound as good. =/
Why does it need to fit next to the image? Just extend the text down below it. No one here will object, really

[ 02-13-2003: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Lashanna
noob
posted 02-13-2003 03:43:09 PM
You know, Fae. I warned you about this a long long time ago.
"If you keep doing stuff like this, I'm going to start running out of compliments to give you."
"Oh, don't be silly, Rosa!"

But who's being silly now that the compliments have run out?!

( )

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-13-2003 05:47:41 PM
Histories...

I like Marcus' best.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 02-14-2003 08:07:20 PM
Marcus IS good..
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-15-2003 11:56:42 PM
<bumps the thread absently with her tails> ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-19-2003 12:37:57 AM
I bump this.. cause I really want to see what is next and stuff.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-19-2003 08:18:08 PM
<sets out a plate of cookies for Fae to return to this thread> ^.^
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 02-19-2003 08:24:43 PM
Sorry, I have just been highly distracted the last couple days. Don't worry, it'll be soon enough.

You may or may not like what comes next anyways, since it's a far cry from the previous ones.. and they are a bit odd, all things concidered anyway.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-19-2003 08:27:56 PM
Rawr! Any Fae-art is good!
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-19-2003 09:14:19 PM
quote:
Katrinity Model 2000 was programmed to say:
<sets out a plate of cookies for Fae to return to this thread> ^.^

eats a cookie

Mmm.

And what Kat said, any Fae art is good.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 02-20-2003 01:00:24 AM

quote:

Aimee and Myrtel
The Child of Wonder

Aimee is believed to be an orphan, but her true origins are unknown. In fact the lithe young girl appears to know, or understand for that matter, not much more than anyone else. She was first discovered in the year 114NA wandering the western most coast of Ar’Aken standing vigil and watching over the mystic lights that supposedly guard the shrouded isles of legend. By the young girls side flittered a brilliant light, a sprite some say while Aimee swears she is a woman of great beauty, that the young girl calls Myrtel. When asked of her reasons for being alone, Aimee’s only answer is that Myrtel wants to go home. She was quickly taken in by a small farm couple fleeing the unrest in the damned nation, and traveled the lands a refugee of war. Throughout it all she acted and appeared as a child, a child lacking the understanding of war and pain. She retained her childlike innocence and smiled often. Eventually Aimee, and her foster family, would make it to the eastern shores of Ar’Aken, and sail the seas to the eastern worlds beyond. In the end, she would eventually wind up in the small, and quiet village, of Eradi where the first devastating signs of what this seemingly harmless child was capable of would rear in the aftermath of a rebuilding world.

Aimee was a sorceress of unimaginable power, a devastating vessel of in-born strength. She was a child however, and as such held no understanding of right or wrong… Only good and bad, emotionally. She lived on feelings, her world revolved around her emotions. Her childhood innocence protected her from the evils of the world, but her childlike heart handled pain in a different matter entirely. After a harmless event of dumping a childhood tormentor in a nearby stream, Aimee would be hounded by the tormenting child’s parents as evil and dangerous. Aimee understood nothing of the consequences of her actions. To Aimee the young girl had caused her pain with the bullying ways brought against her, and sought only to turn the hateful child away. Even though the child was unharmed beyond her pride, her parents were unrelenting. Eventually the entire village would turn against Aimee and her parents, especially considering their origins, and were labeled as an evil sent from the west. In fear, and emotional turmoil, Aimee would lash out against the town in order to protect herself. The results of a tormented child’s outburst can be seen where the ruins of Eradi now stand. Unable to control her outcry, Aimee’s parents unfortunately would be lost, and once again an orphan, she would set out alone with only a strange sprite as her guide and protector.

Aimee journeyed to many places, and was the victim of many mis-dealings, the creators of which soon learned the error of their ways. From the fall of towns, to the deaths of unsavory slavers and villains, Aimee would continue on. Strangely, to this day Aimee wanders. Unchanged, un-aging, she wanders the world alone with only Myrtel at her side. Her quest, it seems, remains unchanged. To find a way home, and with a child’s wish, to return her mysterious young friend to the place where she belongs. Who and what this child is remains a mystery lost in legends and whispers. Her true path may never be known.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-20-2003 01:05:59 AM
Oh very nice, I like that history best I think. Even more than Marcus'.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 02-20-2003 01:12:08 AM
..That one is my favourate. yes yes.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 02-20-2003 12:58:18 PM
quote:
Trent thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Oh very nice, I like that history best I think. Even more than Marcus'.

I have Cynthia to thank for my inspiration, as she is the original walking disaster.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 02-20-2003 08:28:20 PM
*grins at Fae* This is true =) And Ive yet to meet both of your little ones. =)
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 02-22-2003 03:41:34 AM
Aimee kinda reminds me of my very preliminary ideas of how Abbigail's character would be in the FaeDnD games (she ended up a little less innocent, but still childlike in many ways).

the Fae-art!

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 02-27-2003 06:15:17 PM
bumpzors..

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 02-27-2003 06:24:40 PM
Currently building the new adventure and players, so haven't had time to work these recently.

Here is a quickie sketch that I did last night though, to keep the thread alive.

Not a part of Aleria, but a character that I may or may not adapt to it. Depends on how much I like him after he gets tortured and mutilated and all that good stuff.

I may or may not have anywhere to put him in Aleria. If I do however, credits of course. This is a joint character between me and Za. So he's kinda evolving on mutual effort.

Trent outta like this quick sketch

My LAUNCHCast Station
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 02-27-2003 06:27:19 PM
On a side note.. Za is as twisted as I am... This is good...

My LAUNCHCast Station
Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 02-27-2003 08:30:12 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Tron:
Currently building the new adventure and players, so haven't had time to work these recently.

Here is a quickie sketch that I did last night though, to keep the thread alive.

[xIMG]http://www.dreammedialtd.com/azra_quick.jpg[x/IMG]

Not a part of Aleria, but a character that I may or may not adapt to it. Depends on how much I like him after he gets tortured and mutilated and all that good stuff.

I may or may not have anywhere to put him in Aleria. If I do however, credits of course. This is a joint character between me and Za. So he's kinda evolving on mutual effort.

Trent outta like this quick sketch

I love that picture!

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-27-2003 09:04:55 PM
Cool.

Looks like some sort of barbed tortue device.

Nice.

[ 02-27-2003: Message edited by: Trent ]

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 12-12-2003 02:35:37 PM
Ohohoho I rez! (Of course thats what this thread is for... But still) Like I said to keep it all together, this thread lives.

Here is the newest entry. Now this one is both Legend, and Backstory. So it's a bit longer than all of the others, and done differently. It is kind of vital though. The sketches that go with it will be coming shortly, concidering I just now finished writing it.

Also, all the images were pulled a long time ago, if you want to see the images, and the history snippets all in one place you can go here:

Aleria - Heroes, Legends, and Myths

Now, onward.

quote:

The Champion and the Seer

Dolar Nyet

Dolar Nyet was born in 257NA, and entered his life in torment. Centaurs were under the scourge at Dolar’s birth, and the newly arrived beings of darkness from the rift born in Sas’sara woods hunted the noble breed to near extinction. A young Dolar was left to watch as friends, and family around him died to the horrors from within. In an attempt to spare their young son, Dolar’s parents fled with their child to Elandórë in the hopes of escaping the darkness. A solid plan, so they assumed, but evil would follow the refugees, unknown to them. Other forces had designs on the young Centaur, fate among them, and a madness best left unnamed. Within months of finding safety within the wooded walls of Elandórë, Dolar would suffer loss once more, as through means unknown and a mystery to this day, his parents were slain and found dead. With no marks of violence, no outward sign of foul play, it was assumed illness or disease had been brought to Elandórë by the centaur family, and Dolar quickly found himself a pariah in his new home. Few accepted the young Centaur, and fewer still would even accept him as anything more than a curse.

Friendless and alone, at a young age, the centaur youth spent his early years in self-exile learning the woods and ways of survival just outside Elandórë’s walls. Eventually he would come to make friend of a young, and lithe, water sprite that lived nearby, and the two would be come fast, close friends. As time went by, and his skills improved, Dolar would soon find himself a part of the Shadow Hunters, elite hunter-killers of the shadow elves that raided the lands of the light dwellers. He would be renowned for his skills in combat and tactics, eventually gaining some semblance of respect from the people of Elandórë who had shunned him for years. For a time, his life had purpose, and at least in part, some happiness. But all too soon, the designs on his life long set before, would catch up with the refugee pawn, and Dolar would suffer loss and abandonment once more.

The Bosiane had long since been increasing their activities more south towards Elandórë, and rare, exotic slaves, were their targets. The friendly sprite who had adopted Dolar, so many years before as a child, was now taken as the spoils of thievery, and Dolar found himself in a plot much larger than himself in trying to get her back. His efforts to regain his friend from the fiendish Bosiane would prove futile in the end, and although her ultimate fate was unknown to the Centaur Ranger, he would watch her fall to injury. His world once more was falling apart, the last and only real friend he had known, lost.

It would however be a new set of friends who would help him through this time of grief and self-hate, as a strange being, Bosiane like, would pull him from the fray to join another strange being, a beautiful human like female… With a tail, and the ears of a large cat. It would not be long before the new friends, a trio of mismatched adventurers, would find themselves in the new beginning to an age old plot with an ominous outcome that would not come to fruition until centuries later. The Blood Wars had begun, and darkness was falling once more.

It would be during this dark time, the beginning of the Blood Wars, that Dolar, the lost soul, the abandoned child, the loner whom had lived day to day unsure of the path he was chosen to walk, and even less sure of the future that lay ahead, would gain the first hints of the designs the forces beyond him had long placed on his desolate life. Unfortunately with knowledge comes the weight of understanding, and Dolar quickly found this new burden impossibly heavy to bear. With the death of yet another friendship so short-lived, desolation would quickly return, and the young centaur could take no more. In the darkness of an unfamiliar home, in unfamiliar times, traveling with an unfamiliar group of allies, and suffering unwanted pain, the young Ranger would take his own life. He would die empty, lost, and alone in a dark shelter that too closely resembled the bleakness of his life.

As with all things in Aleria, however, death is not the end. Fate, and the powers that would be, were not done with the lost Dolar, and his adventures were far, far from over…

Ione

In the earlier centuries of the new age, darker things walked the land with man and elf; Things of pain, horror, and suffering. Twisted aberrations of madness and hate left from the breaking, and breeders of the old races, the beings before time and gods. Through the torturous ways of such creatures came the birth of the one known as Ione.

Born of an elven mother retrieved from the slavers pits of such horrors, a maiden fallen to madness long before she was recovered, Ione entered the world outcast and feared. Some demanded her death on sight of her disfigured appearance, others demanded forced bondage so as to use the supposed dark child against those horrors of whose lineage she carried. Luckily, in the end, compassion would win out, and the Monastery of Maenia, a small elven settlement in the newly formed Demerion, would take her in out of pity. So began her sheltered life, and a life destined for torment.

At first, only the nightmares came. Visions of death and despair, sights of the soulless walking amidst her bedchambers, were the first of her haunts. Clawing, grasping, the tortured dead beings whom had fallen in the years past, some of which to the conquest of Maenia during the not long passed Clan Wars, which had ravaged the nations for over a hundred years. The claims of the child’s manifestations and nightmares both intrigued and frightened those of the habit in her sheltered divine home. Peace, and rest would soon fall beyond the young seers grasp, and darker things were yet to follow.

As her pseudo-guardians watched, and studied the young Ione, they noticed the beginnings of dark powers stirring within her as innate magic came to fruition as she aged. Magicks of destruction and darkness were at her beck and call. Sorceress born, Ione would spend years struggling with this awakening bit of her dark heritage. All the while darker, and more painful abilities lie in wait. It wouldn’t be long however before they too would surface, and that would be the beginning of the young sorceress’ hopeless life beyond that of her birth. At first the consequences would be small, and held within only the walls of the Monastery. Having long since, in a way, learned to deal with the visions of those long dead walking among her, a new power began to surface as the young Ione made claims to her guardians of seeing their deaths before her. It took only one such predicted death coming to pass before the torturous experiments began.

Caged as an animal, bound in chains, and tortured daily, Ione quickly felt the first pangs of betrayal in her life as those who once cared for her huddled around in fear attempting to understand that which made her. The fear of evil had been strongly instilled in those who had once sheltered the young sorceress, and many attempts at exorcising this supposed evil from the child’s being were performed. Shackles of thorns were bored into the wrists and ankles of the youth, and bands of silver smithed around the strange spines protruding from her back. All who examined her, studied her, considered the pain of such tortures worth the cost of freeing Ione from the evil within. To Ione it served only to remind her of how alone she truly was, and the cost of trust and closeness to anyone. She felt pain, she felt regret, she felt the sorrow at the lost love of the only parental figures she had ever known. In her own way, the tortured young girl, fell into a type of madness. Paranoia, anxiety, and fear all swirled within her tiny young mind. Such strong emotions of hurt, and sorrow bore down on her that the ability to hold the powers she held within dwindled. Like an animal, as after the time spent caged most began to consider her, even those who had originally stood up to take her in, the madness became too much and the torment that held all within broke free…

When a lost, abandoned, and tormented child looked back on her one time home… The ashes had almost settled, and only the dark smoke from the burning, collapsed, divine house remained.

Crossing Paths

Ione, the wounded child, would wander Aleria for years in fear, paranoia, and madness. Her travels would take her to the darker places where few dared to tread. This suited the lost sorceress just as well, as she sought solitude and emptiness. The dead never rested, her dreams were always haunted, and she could never escape the torture of knowing the fates of all she passed. Those who didn’t try to banish her as demon at any rate. Eventually the dark, foreboding woods of Sas’sara would open up before her, and in a way call to her. As if this was the place she needed to be. A land reserved for the damned, and the lost. A place of horrors and death. Yes, it suited her just fine. It would not be long however, before the woods claimed Ione as one of their own. Within her first nights stay, the young sorceress would find herself at the mercy of the woods mad inhabitants. A prisoner for a feast.

So rare as it is however, luck would step in at that point, and a doomed party on their own quest would find the entrapped Ione, and through their effort set her free. Among them would be a soon condemned young centaur. Ione felt a kinship to the lost Dolar as he stood, examining her, warily. She knew not how, or why, but she belonged with him somehow… For some reason she did not yet know.

Their company was, at best, strained. Dolar unwanting of new relations, and Ione untrusting of those unknown, and known, to her, but the draw remained. For the first time in her life, since the dark powers awoke, she found a soul who’s fate seemed shrouded to her. This made her feel both comforted… and wary. It would take the meeting of a deranged goddess, in a house of madness, for the young Centaur’s fate to become clear. Once it became known to Ione, she felt a sadness unfelt before, and then felt the pain of her doom again as she was forced to bear witness to the ill-fated end of her new, if strained, friendship. Death by his own hand, an empty death born of loneliness was the ranger’s fate, and Ione suffered with the knowledge in silence. She had long since learned that changing what she had seen proved fruitless, and only served to cause more harm than good. So quietly she suffered, alone she carried the future with her.

Ione soon found herself carrying more of a fondness for the doomed centaur as time went on, and for the first time in years, felt her paranoia subside. She had a friend, for however shorlived the friendship would be, at least she had one.

As thier adventures continued taking them down a darker and more ominous path, the bond between the young ranger and the damned seer grew. It was only a matter of time, as Ione knew, and it pained her every moment. As fate would have it, and it seemed as if it was the way it was supposed to be, Ione would be the one to discover the forlorn Dolar’s death in the stalls of a noble stable. Hung from the ceiling, like an offering for some cruel feast. In her grief, all her old pain would return, and be too much for her young body to bear. Her walls would return, and she would shutout the rest of the world. Not too long after Dolar’s death, the sorceress in inner turmoil would leave her companions of recent days, in the below ground dungeons of a demonic casino of deceit... Once again, to travel alone…

Death and Rewards

Dolar watched from his hanging perch through his new shadowy eyes as Ione entered the room, and succumbed to her discovery. He had liked her, in his own way. Although his past had taught him, friendships were doomed to bring pain, and refused to suffer through that again. Still, he did like her. He tried to call out to her, to let her know it was going to be okay, but it seems his soul was one soul, this cursed seer could not see. Someone –could- see though, and someone –was- watching… Someone waiting, someone hidden. Dolar descended, in his new bodiless state, to the tile work of the stable floors. He walked across the room, passing by the unconscious Ione on the floor. There was a look of sadness on his face, a look of regret and just a little bit of guilt at her having discovered his fate, but he knew it was time to continue on. He walked over to the black robed figure in the shadows at the end of the room, and looked up into the empty dark cowl. It was time, and he knew it, death had come for him.

The angel of death, Xeth’Tangiel, however did not act immediately. He watched the approaching shade of Dolar, as the centaur solemnly came forward. He tilted his empty cowl a bit to the side, and examined the soul before him. As is his way, he weighed the worth of the doomed ranger, and what he saw both confused and intrigued him. All signs showed it was this particular youth’s time, but the fate of the soul was shadowed and unclear. The future was not through with him, but yet it was done with this life. He also saw something else, something beneath the coolness of the centaur’s gate, as the ranger looked on at the unconscious form of the girl on the ground. Compassion, sadness, loss and… affection. There was also something else… A bond, an unclear one, but there nonetheless. Most intriguing indeed. However, something for now must be done, and the more Xeth’Tangiel weighed the soul of the dead centaur, the more use he saw in him. He had a role that this soul could fill, at least until its purpose became clear.

When Dolar finally reached the shadowed figure, he looked up an into the blackness that was despair and emptiness. The shadowy expanse of the open hood that seemed to go forever enveloped him. Surrounded, and sucked in, Dolar watched the existence of his former life fade away. He soon learned, not to the beyond was he bound, but to Muranâth instead. He was to become a champion, a soul hunter. He would be the guardian of the window between life and death. He would be given the role, and responsibility for retrieving those who had escaped the land of the dead unjustly, or those stolen from its reprieve. A protector, a hunter, a leader of the lost. Xeth’Tangiel had chosen him, for reasons he did not know, and for the first time in his life, or unlife as the case may be, Dolar found himself secure in what it was he was supposed to do, and the position to which he had been chosen. He had direction, he had purpose… For the first time in his life –he- had a cause.

As he learned all this, and before his world slipped away completely, he turned back… Just one final time. He looked back upon the young woman lying collapsed on the floor beneath his hanging corpse, and as his thoughts lingered there for a moment, a calm settled over him, and a caring, affectionate smiled crossed his face. At last… He was at peace.

Friendship is Eternal

After leaving, on her own, to continue her own secluded life, Ione traveled far across the known lands. Her animosity, and to some extent, paranoia continued to haunt her enough to avoid taking hand in the simple life of rejoining civilization completely. Instead she took on the guise of Gypsy, a fortuneteller and vagabond. She was accepted, but not truly welcome, wherever she traveled, and the Gypsy guise kept outsiders at bay as it discouraged many to get too close. Which is just the way she liked it. Still… Alone… She often thought back on the days of her past. The longevity of life due to her elvan heritage, being both a bane and boon, made that possible. She would often wander back to her youth, and struggle through the painful memories. Always though, her attention would be drawn back to the one friend, as distant as he was, she had ever had. Dolar, a centaur, wrapped in depression and sorrow. She always lingered on him for some reason, and she really wasn’t sure why. Still, he was as close to a friend as she had had in her life. She missed him.

It wasn’t for an inability to have relations that kept her alone, she was barely out of youth by elvan standards, and quite attractive, aside from her disfigurement which she learned to disguise, by mortal standards still. She had had short-lived encounters in her life, even family in a way. A short living stay in the land of the Answan bore her children, but her fear and paranoia drove her away soon enough, leaving child and lover, a nobleman, behind. She still made it a point to travel back to Averindale every now and again to watch them, and to watch Nalirenya as she grew, but never stayed long for fear of attachment and the inevitable pain that would bring both her and her child. She had even taken on adopties, in the form of three young boys. She kept them with her, completing her guise as a gypsy and her sons, for many more years. Still, she missed her friend, in Dolar, and thought of him often.

On one dark, and particularly vicious night, Ione was traveling with her sons to make one of her longing visits to Averindale, and spied the fires in the sky in the distance. Black pillars of smoke, and red-rimmed clouds lined the horizon. Disaster had befallen the lands ahead, she had realized without much thought, and looking only slightly ahead she saw the shadowy figure of a man trudging through the snow carrying two bundles in his arms. She immediately saw the death that surrounded him, and knew he would die soon… But it was strangely muted, as if it was not only his death, but a distant one as well. It struck her as odd, but she took the man in anyway, and what she now learned were his two small children. He looked familiar somehow as well, but she passed it off as a familiar face seen in passing. A part of her was saddened at seeing the children however, until is struck her… There was a vital ness about them, something deathly important, but it was covered. Covered in darkness in hung about their tiny heads. They would know pain, they would know suffering, but somehow, she knew the must endure.

It wouldn’t take long of course, for her vision of the man calling himself Lairus, a name she also noted was as familiar as his face but couldn’t be placed, to fulfill the vision she had seen, and walk into the night with his children left by the fire, to be struck by death. She never found his body, and she never found him again after that, but she was sure his death had come to pass. She took on the charge of the children then, and devised a plan. She chose to seek out a one time companion, which she knew still lived, and ask her aide in caring for the children. It was something that must be done. Something vital. So to Syri she traveled, in search of the Templar, Samârik Izradî. A task vital, but a task that would lead her to her death, and be a part of the death of thousands.

Reaching Syri, realizing something deathly wrong, and the vision of a future damned, Ione stayed on to aid Samârik, in the war that was yet to come; The war that would destroy the Syrians, and their nation alike. As the Bosianes descended, and Syri was torn apart, Ione watched with horror filled eyes, not yet realizing she was watching through bodiless eyes as she fell in the first strike, as the children of Syri were sundered from the world. The horrors of her past returned. The devastation, the suffering, and the pain surrounded her. Once again, that madness she had finally begun to lock away threatened to descend. Then a figure showed through the ash and smoke, striding through the bodiless, and those living still fighting alike. It came confidently towards her, with a well-disciplined stride. The madness of her mind began to ebb somewhat, as the approaching figure seemed to chase it away. It was then that she realized, the figure walked not on two legs, but four, and its face was that of a memory long gone. With the long bow strung to his back, and a comforting hand outstretched towards her, Ione recognized Dolar standing before her. He smiled a bit, and raised his face towards her. He reached out a hand, and while looking at her with a reassuring nod, he said, “It’s time Ione… It’s time to come home.”

With that, Ione smiled back, the first real smile of her life. For the first time in her life, Ione felt at peace.

Continuation

Dolar and Ione, continue to live on in Muranâth. By the side of a god and his queen, they serve, for all time, in a position of respect and import. They are the guardians and protectors, the gatherers of the lost… The Champion and the Seer.

Edit: Ick formating

[ 12-12-2003: Message edited by: Faelynn LeAndris ]

My LAUNCHCast Station
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-12-2003 02:40:10 PM
Omg! Dolar lives! Yay
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 12-12-2003 02:42:11 PM
quote:
Oh my Faelynn LeAndris:
Ohohoho I rez!
o rly?/

b&

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Sean
posted 12-12-2003 03:00:13 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Omg! Dolar lives!

..Sorta

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 12-12-2003 03:15:05 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Sean!
..Sorta

He exists, he doesn't live.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-12-2003 03:33:16 PM
Onose, thread resurrection! B&!!

Faelynn LeAndris
posted 12-12-2003 03:48:08 PM
quote:
Niklas said this about your mom:
Onose, thread resurrection! B&!!

Less making the b&ed funnies and more reading the stories!

My LAUNCHCast Station
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 12-12-2003 06:56:04 PM
Hooray for existing!! Wonderful as always, Fae.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-12-2003 07:11:30 PM
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-12-2003 07:39:58 PM
Pfft... Guess we'll have to make sure Dolar gets put down for good next time.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 12-12-2003 09:51:47 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about Pirotess:
Pfft... Guess we'll have to make sure Dolar gets put down for good next time.

Unpossible. Besides, he and others like him, are the only reasons you still exist and are allowed to keep playing.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 12-12-2003 09:57:36 PM
Hey do you still have the various histories I sent you for my characters, Fae? I don't have them anymore, and I'd like to take a look at them again, heh.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 12-12-2003 09:59:11 PM
quote:
Arttemis said this about your mom:
Hey do you still have the various histories I sent you for my characters, Fae? I don't have them anymore, and I'd like to take a look at them again, heh.

HOnestly, I dunno... I lost a lot of miscelaneous stuff when the PC crashed.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Arttemis
posted 12-12-2003 10:02:46 PM
Doh.
Ares
posted 12-12-2003 10:23:35 PM
Arttemis
posted 12-12-2003 10:26:14 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Ares wrote:
Why are they broken for me...?

Look at the post dates and you'll see why.

Most of the pictures probably aren't on the webspace anymore.

Zair
The Imp
posted 12-12-2003 10:28:41 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Arttemis wrote:
Look at the post dates and you'll see why.

Most of the pictures probably aren't on the webspace anymore.

Sucks too, those drawings were really cool.
Fae, do you have them up on a website or anything?

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-12-2003 10:30:08 PM
he posted the link right before the story.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Zair
The Imp
posted 12-12-2003 10:31:18 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on KaLourin!
he posted the link right before the story.

err, right

Thanks

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: