EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Just noticed the new Forum pic...
Oh shi...
what
posted 01-21-2003 11:08:49 PM
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-22-2003 12:27:58 AM
broken link Canadia boy
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-22-2003 12:30:06 AM
http://www.nakedECpics.com

Fixed.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-22-2003 12:49:37 AM
TCHA!

I wanna see the Ukko pic!!!

Deli is a dork.

Oh shi...
what
posted 01-22-2003 12:51:30 AM
NI NI NI!
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 01-22-2003 01:18:43 AM
thanks to someone special.. I saw the pic!

I thought it was cuteness!

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: The Nae (tm) ]

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-22-2003 01:20:10 AM
Ukko : I understand. I liked the drawing a lot, but unfortunately for my workplace it wouldn't have been safe.

Drys : I appreciate your changing the banner. I do realise this is a banner we had long ago. But I'm afraid I probably won't be able to visit the boards from my work anymore. There's been some really big changes at my work and if they catch anything even faintly suggestive, you catch hell for it. Due to some problems in the past (IE : Speaking up for myself when they were feeding me a bunch of bullshit about where I sit regularly) I'm not on good terms with management. If they find anything at all to fire me with, they probably will, and I'm honestly somewhat scared to view the site with that banner. I love EC, but I need my job.

I don't want my friends to think that I was trying to be an asshole in getting the picture taken down. I wish I could view EC while I am at work; it makes the days so very, very much less of a chore, and helps keep the idiocy from getting to me as badly, but in this instance there's not much else I can do. I'm sorry.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-22-2003 01:39:45 AM
So, does anyone actually, y'know...work at work?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-22-2003 01:44:30 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Don Parcelan wrote:
So, does anyone actually, y'know...work at work?

I do!

Mind you, I don't get to use any internet connected computers at work.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-22-2003 01:48:45 AM
I ain't layin' nothin' down yet, but it seems to me when it comes to a choice between forcing EC to change and doing your job...well, the logical mind would probably choose the latter.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-22-2003 01:57:06 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Don Parcelan said:
I ain't layin' nothin' down yet, but it seems to me when it comes to a choice between forcing EC to change and doing your job...well, the logical mind would probably choose the latter.

Mayhaps if they asked really nicely and said the magic word (no, NOT the one that makes bunnies pop outta Bajah's hat), then Drysart might consider making the banner turn off with the sigpics? Lack of sigpics might make it hard to remember who's who, but that sounds like a small price to pay for keeping your job safe while still being entertained.

Of course, I think he did mention that it still loads the picture, it just doesn't show it. But if you have to be THAT careful as to where you go, then there's really no way to make any place like EC safe enough.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Khyron
posted 01-22-2003 01:58:25 AM
Parce : Not much else to do when grandma moses and her Pentium 1 is rebooting for the 6th time that call.

I work, I do my job, and I get breaks sometimes that I use for browsing, and usually these forums are one of my favorite places to browse. If it comes down to choosing between EC and my work, of course I'll choose my work. I just don't want to have to make that choice.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-22-2003 02:02:44 AM
One or two people versus one or two hundred people.

Looks like a banner-disabling switch could be used. It doesn't seem right that other people's art should be scrapped so others can goof off at work, though.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-22-2003 02:33:41 PM
We've been through this, Parce. I'm working right now. They don't care if we view websites between calls, just so long as it's appropriate for a workplace.

Some others here that do tech support and customer service are the same. Online, but not getting any calls, and EC is their entertainment. For some people, work is the only time they do get on.

So please knock off the goofing off at work stuff. Most of us are doing our job just like anyone else, we just have one that enables us to browse.

And Khyron, that really sucks. My boss was behind me with the current banner and didn't bat an eye, so they're okay with it here. I hope things get better for you there

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Burger
BANNED!
posted 01-22-2003 02:45:27 PM
parce, i'm one of the lucky ones that also gets to browse at work, but that's because i work for it...

Every shift, there's a list of things that need to be done, from cleaning the floor/bathrooms to restocking and facing merchandise. This is supposed to occupy the slow times, but i'm good. When there are no customres, i clean and do my chores, but once they're done, i have nothing to do, so i can read a book, listen to music, or read the boards. If a customer comes on the lot, i pay attention to them, make sure they're doing fine, and only keep half of my attention on the boards.

If a customer walks into the store, i minimize EC befre they get the door all the way open.

It does not hurt my job in any way to read EC, it just helps to pass the time when it's really slow.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Ukko The Popa Bear
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 02:53:01 PM
What to say ... first, i posted this when my Brain was already in bed & the body was in control of my actions.

Second, Because of Bajah, Doc & Drakk, my typing is gething beter.

I would go ezy on Parce, he IS nicer that is usal self

Taran made his call, & now, i can Promess that my Wifes Butt & Xyrra swimsuit wont be gething anyone else in troble ... for now!

This meens i will also need to Censor a few futur comics?

Now... Let's See if we can get this to 5 Pages!!!!

Are my comics any fun? or have i lost my funny bone?

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-22-2003 02:54:49 PM
quote:
Ukko The Popa Bear was naked while typing this:
Are my comics any fun? or have i lost my funny bone?

Yes, they are fun!

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-22-2003 02:55:12 PM
All I'm sayin' is that the forum shouldn't have to change to suit the needs of one or two people that can live without it at work, anyways.

Majority rules, sweetheart.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 02:57:30 PM
Again, I think you type just fine, Ukko. I do less deciphering with yours than I do with mog's, so you're doing pretty good.

And for my part, I wouldn't ask that you censor comics. I barely look at the main page and usually end up seeing the new comics in bunches when I remember to look. Just got out of the habit of going there

I dunno if Khy and the rest view the comics while at work, but I can safely say that it would never cause me any problems if you didn't censor them.

Khyron
posted 01-22-2003 03:02:59 PM
quote:
Don Parcelan had this to say about Robocop:
Looks like a banner-disabling switch could be used. It doesn't seem right that other people's art should be scrapped so others can goof off at work, though.

Parcelan : I've asked for this a few times, actually. I asked for it prior in the thread, I think. I forget and I'm too lazy to look back. But it would be the ideal solution. I asked Taran once but I think he was busy so he didn't relply.

Ukko : No need to censor the comics, those I Can wait to see when I get home, as they only change once a day or so It's just that this place is a lot harder to do without!

Once again, guys, I'm not trying to stir up trouble for myself or anyone else, I just want some sort of solution that can make everyone happy, which is why I think the banner being disabled along with sigpics would be the best solution for all.

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 06:05:14 PM
All that needed to be said has just about been said; although I still say that if you're at work, and you read a board that's cool. If the board contains content not suitable for the work place, then you shouldn't go there and exercise some restraint until you get home, and then read.

The world will go on if you can't read the board for a few hours. Your life will continue.

I don't read the boards from work, I could if I wanted to during breaks and such, but I don't. You know why? At work, I'm getting paid to do work. I don't get paid to read boards. At the worst, I get paid to sit around bored waiting for something to do.

I think it stinks that due to 2 or 3 people bitching about the content they view at work the cool new forum header got taken down. That's just asinine.

One person in particular should really just shut up and stop browsing stuff from work; so far all it's gotten everyone is a bunch of flames, grief, and insults.

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-22-2003 08:01:32 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Don Parcelan wrote:
All I'm sayin' is that the forum shouldn't have to change to suit the needs of one or two people that can live without it at work, anyways.

Majority rules, sweetheart.

You gotta remember though. Ain't -JUST- the working people with access to the internet. There's a lot of members of the board that are still in school and look at the boards when they are bored and able to do so.

Bottom line is what can be taken as offensive to a boss could also be taken as offensive to a teacher that happens to look over the kid's shoulder.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 08:46:01 PM
quote:
MadCat the 2nd's account was hax0red to write:
All that needed to be said has just about been said; although I still say that if you're at work, and you read a board that's cool. If the board contains content not suitable for the work place, then you shouldn't go there and exercise some restraint until you get home, and then read.

The world will go on if you can't read the board for a few hours. Your life will continue.

I don't read the boards from work, I could if I wanted to during breaks and such, but I don't. You know why? At work, I'm getting paid to do work. I don't get paid to read boards. At the worst, I get paid to sit around bored waiting for something to do.

I think it stinks that due to 2 or 3 people bitching about the content they view at work the cool new forum header got taken down. That's just asinine.

One person in particular should really just shut up and stop browsing stuff from work; so far all it's gotten everyone is a bunch of flames, grief, and insults.

Sounds like someone's jealous *they* don't get paid to view a message board.

And it could just as easily be turned around and I could say that you and those who agree with this viewpoint could exercise some restraint and not support non-work-safe pictures in the forum header, especially when it's against the rules to post things not work safe.

But you wouldn't like that, would you? Because someone is preventing your "fun" and is a little irritated you're stomping all over the rights of other people to view the boards. Especially people that have been around a hell of a lot longer, in some cases.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-22-2003 08:49:51 PM
Whatever's against the rules goes out the window if Drysart put it up. If he put the header up, he obviously wanted it up. You can scream hypocrisy all you want, but it's his forum, not yours.

And it states clearly in your beloved rules that if you don't agree with Mod/Drys decisions, you're free to no longer visit the forums.

So, why not save the freedom fighter act for something that matters? Nobody's rights are being stomped here. All this is is a suggestion that the board need not cater to one or two vocal individuals.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 08:51:32 PM
If you want to continue, Parce, you know where my PM box is.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-22-2003 08:52:01 PM
Burger
BANNED!
posted 01-22-2003 08:54:34 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Don Parcelan wrote:

sorry dude but she's right on this one...

If you want to get realy nasty, there's no need to air the dirty laundry in public... So take it to PM's.

Although i really was spoiling to be a spectator to a good old fashioned flame war.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-22-2003 08:55:40 PM
Nobody's getting nasty here, amigo.

Just a few pleasant suggestions, eh?

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 01-22-2003 08:58:59 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael attempted to be funny by writing:
But you wouldn't like that, would you? Because someone is preventing your "fun" and is a little irritated you're stomping all over the rights of other people to view the boards. Especially people that have been around a hell of a lot longer, in some cases.

You have no rights on an internet message board.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Cleopatra
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 09:00:54 PM
I smell smoke! The header has been changed for the time being. Nothing to see here.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: