EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Cant decide.
Oh shi...
what
posted 11-21-2002 09:35:08 PM
Why are you people fighting in DL? The exp there is complete shit. I'd rather solo Geonids till 45 (which I did with my monk pre nerf).

A 39 Beastlord can solo the entire geonid area solo (don't know anymore because I'm not sure if how they changed pet levels for beastlords).

Generally my monk either did the geonids solo abit slowly, or I'd grab a paladin/ranger/bard and make things really easy (paladin preferred).

Crystal Caverns is your friend...is so is Lguk. Just because it is an old world zone doesn't mean it's useless. It has one of the highest dungeon bonuses.

Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 11-21-2002 10:37:04 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Maradon XP wrote:
You'd be wrong on both counts. At level 63 no less.

And another thing -

Seduction of Saryrn
1: Changing Appearance Into A Skeleton
2: Regeneration for 30000 Mana in 600 ticks
3: DoT for 37800 Hit Points (HP) in 600 ticks

(63hp/50mana)

Cannibalize IV
1: Decrease Hit Points (HP) by 148 (L58)
2: Increase Mana from 81 (L58) to 82 (L60)

(74hp/41mana)

I'd say Shaman mana regen takes a distant second place.

Although you are right on with the hp/mana conversions you have to take into consideration that if shamans had a Hp/mana transfer like necros do then they'd be uhhh unblanaced... buffing while converting would be way unblaanced and root/DoT'ing would be cheap, just sit with fungi or ikky regen plate and not loose a whole hell of alot of hp, if any...

Maradon!
posted 11-21-2002 10:52:44 PM
quote:
NiteShadow had this to say about John Romero:
Although you are right on with the hp/mana conversions you have to take into consideration that if shamans had a Hp/mana transfer like necros do then they'd be uhhh unblanaced... buffing while converting would be way unblaanced and root/DoT'ing would be cheap, just sit with fungi or ikky regen plate and not loose a whole hell of alot of hp, if any...

Saying that it would be imbalanced for shamen to have the best mana regen in the game implies that they don't have the best mana regen in the game, which they don't, which is all I was saying

Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 11-21-2002 11:51:04 PM
True
Oh shi...
what
posted 11-21-2002 11:55:15 PM
You also have to take into consideration that the necro mana regen happens every 6 seconds where Shamans get that mana every 3 seconds. So shamans get get mana faster, but lose alot more life.
Maradon!
posted 11-21-2002 11:59:43 PM
quote:
¤Delidgamond¤ had this to say about Knight Rider:
You also have to take into consideration that the necro mana regen happens every 6 seconds where Shamans get that mana every 3 seconds. So shamans get get mana faster, but lose alot more life.

How do you figure?

Canno 4 has a 2.5 second casting time and a 3 second recast delay.

Just the fact that it needs to be recast is a major hinderance, as you need to dedicate all your casting to canno instead of doing stuff while letting your pact tick away.

[ 11-22-2002: Message edited by: Maradon XP ]

Oh shi...
what
posted 11-22-2002 12:00:52 AM
2.5 long to cast, leaving only 0.5 seconds left of the recast time. 3 seconds.
Maradon!
posted 11-22-2002 12:03:24 AM
quote:
¤Delidgamond¤ was naked while typing this:
2.5 long to cast, leaving only 0.5 seconds left of the recast time. 3 seconds.

Recast delay starts after the spell is cast, the gem is greyed out and you can't start casting again until it's refilled.

Wow, arguing for necros, this is a toss up

Oh shi...
what
posted 11-22-2002 12:05:00 AM
Oh, haven't played someone with spells in about a year THEY CAN STILL CAST IT 0.5 SECONDS FASTER! THAT'S A WHOLE 0.08333333% more mana!

[ 11-22-2002: Message edited by: ¤Delidgamond¤ ]

Maradon!
posted 11-22-2002 12:12:45 AM
And then we have this little beauty to replace that HP:

Saryrn's Kiss
3: Lifetap DoT for 1910 (HP) in 10 ticks

Good god, I've got to start leveling my necro

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-22-2002 12:55:08 AM
quote:
Maradon XP had this to say about Pirotess:
How do you figure?

Canno 4 has a 2.5 second casting time and a 3 second recast delay.

Just the fact that it needs to be recast is a major hinderance, as you need to dedicate all your casting to canno instead of doing stuff while letting your pact tick away.

You didn't factor in canni5 either. Personally I use canni4 with canni5.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Maradon!
posted 11-22-2002 12:57:40 AM
Maybe I missed it because it's not listed in the spdat file...
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 11-22-2002 01:00:23 AM
quote:
Maradon XP had this to say about pies:
Maybe I missed it because it's not listed in the spdat file...

I assure you it's real. It's an AA skill rather then a spell.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Oh shi...
what
posted 11-22-2002 01:01:26 AM
It's the "lose 2000 life and get 800 mana" or something Canni
Maradon!
posted 11-22-2002 01:05:37 AM
Ah, ok there we go. First it's not canno5, it just lists as cannibalization, and then it's way at the bottom below the level 1 spells, so that's why I missed it.

All my previous points still stand, though.

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-22-2002 12:30:25 PM
Can 5 == 1200 Mana for 1920 HP.

Most shamen will chain cast Can 4 and can 3. Can 3 has no recast. I've had my shaman standing next to my Necromancer... My Necro only has 197 Int while my shaman has 255 (actually 257, but I'm capped) and the shaman with can 3 alone will beat the necro for mana regen. Granted I'm comparing Lich to Can3, but I'm willing to bet that I could do similar with Can 2 if I dropped my wis down to an equal level.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 11-22-2002 03:16:40 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when /dev/null wrote:
Can 5 == 1200 Mana for 1920 HP.

Most shamen will chain cast Can 4 and can 3. Can 3 has no recast. I've had my shaman standing next to my Necromancer... My Necro only has 197 Int while my shaman has 255 (actually 257, but I'm capped) and the shaman with can 3 alone will beat the necro for mana regen. Granted I'm comparing Lich to Can3, but I'm willing to bet that I could do similar with Can 2 if I dropped my wis down to an equal level.

That'd be true because the necros is every 6 seconds and you can get at least 2 cannis off in 6 seconds... canni just takes more effort and a happy pushing finger.

/dev/null
Pancake
posted 11-22-2002 03:47:06 PM
quote:
NiteShadow wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
That'd be true because the necros is every 6 seconds and you can get at least 2 cannis off in 6 seconds... canni just takes more effort and a happy pushing finger.

Screw that. I push 1 button, I can 5 times.

People don't know how to abuse their macros.

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: