EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Villains
Loyalist Gerard
56K oughta be enough for anybody!
posted 09-22-2002 09:24:21 PM
I should be an evil, half-crazed bastard who pretends to travel with the party,only to stab them in the back, both literally and figuratively.
Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 09-22-2002 09:26:44 PM
I disagree with this post. It is wasting bandwith because its a game thread and game threads are supposed to be in the DnD forums... right?
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 09-22-2002 09:26:53 PM
quote:
DarkDragoon thought about the meaning of life:
hmm. gee. wonder what I would say =P powerful bored villan that is trying to take over the world, one city at a time... but due to incompetent lackeys rarely manages to get much done.

Hail Lord Ilpallazzo! Yeah! Lord Ilpallazzo! Wheee! ^.^ <dances around in the background>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Suddar
posted 09-22-2002 09:26:53 PM
i'd make a good pixie!
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 09-22-2002 09:29:03 PM
Wait so, I am a villain that can't spell or talk right? And the only really evil thing I do is irratate the heros to the point were their heads are about to burst?
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-22-2002 09:30:33 PM
Would make more sense as a brownie.

And I already have my main villain for that, Dragoon, but I might be able to fit you in someplace as a minor villain.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-22-2002 09:31:10 PM
quote:
Janus had this to say about John Romero:
Wait so, I am a villain that can't spell or talk right? And the only really evil thing I do is irratate the heros to the point were their heads are about to burst?

That's Kagrama.

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 09-22-2002 09:32:09 PM
quote:
hard technology rock spewed forth this undeniable truth:
i want to be the mischevous pixie whose side isn't really clear!

what i was thinking was like, somebody who starts out working under the main villian guy because he lied to her/him (it honestly doesn't matter to me), thinking it'd just be a bit of fun. when they learn the true plans, work against them and watch over the party (or whatever), but only makes themselves known when they have to, and still playing the occasional lighthearted prank.

*bite*

No stealing my shtick!

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Suddar
posted 09-22-2002 09:33:02 PM
i am? huh?
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-22-2002 09:33:53 PM
I'll make sure your witch has transparent fairy wings, Sol dear

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-22-2002 09:40:53 PM
quote:
So quoth Synjari:
I disagree with this post. It is wasting bandwith because its a game thread and game threads are supposed to be in the DnD forums... right?

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I don't share it, so I won't be following it.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-22-2002 10:08:27 PM
Can I be the guy that JUST, WON'T, DIE! you meet everytime you think things couldn't possibly get any worse?

I could add more about the character if I actually get in, heh.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-22-2002 10:33:36 PM
Would your name be Rasputin?

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 09-22-2002 10:46:19 PM
quote:
So quoth Lyinar Ka`Bael:
That's Kagrama.

Well then can I be Morbid's right hand man, bent on world domination but always ends up doing a dramatic sounding deed, but is just one of Morbids errands? IE:
Morbid: JANUS!
Janus: Yes, Morbid!
Morbid: I have a deed for you, my dear Janus.
Janus: Yes, sir!
Morbid: I want you to take this scythe...
Janus: Yes!?
Morbid: And eliminate...
Janus: Yes, yes!?
Morbid: ...those troublesome...
Janus: Hee,hee....yeah?
Morbid: WEEDS IN THE BACKYARD!!
Janus: AT ONCE SIR!! THOSE WEEDS SHANT TROUBLE YO....Huh? WHAT?!!

[ 09-22-2002: Message edited by: Janus ]

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-22-2002 11:31:25 PM
Can I be in there as a Trickster spirit?

Someone that tempts people to do things they know they shouldn't. Or does it for them, and leaves them holding the bag.

Someone that does good things (Giving a poor beggar kid a couple of silver...) in a bad way (...right in front of a group of lowlife thugs.)

Someone that pops up to warn the party of danger ahead, but disappears again before giving more than a fustrating hint or two that don't help at all.

Some creature or spirit that does all this, for its own amusement. A very self centered kind of "evil".

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-22-2002 11:51:00 PM
God I'd be a horrible villain, wouldn't I?
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 09-23-2002 12:22:25 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael obviously shouldn't have said:
Would your name be Rasputin?
Me? I don't really like that name, though I know who you're talking about.

I'd be the guy that would always observe the better part of valor when beaten, but always shows up when the protagonist(s) could really do without a big battle, know what I'm saying?

A reoccurring villain kinda like Seifer in FF8. I can't think of any other examples really.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-23-2002 12:27:33 AM
Wait...is this a thread about a game...

That doesn't involve the entire board, only people who would play in the game?

Nah, can't be.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-23-2002 12:39:03 AM
quote:
So quoth Palador ChibiDragon:
Can I be in there as a Trickster spirit?

Someone that tempts people to do things they know they shouldn't. Or does it for them, and leaves them holding the bag.

Someone that does good things (Giving a poor beggar kid a couple of silver...) in a bad way (...right in front of a group of lowlife thugs.)

Someone that pops up to warn the party of danger ahead, but disappears again before giving more than a fustrating hint or two that don't help at all.

Some creature or spirit that does all this, for its own amusement. A very self centered kind of "evil".

I like that idea a lot.

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 09-23-2002 12:55:58 AM
Cool! Methinks I'd need a kind of non-human weird thing, like mysteriously sprouting wings (a la Sephiroth, but more fruity-fairy like ) or hidden tails (a la Kuja, but not a monkey) or SOMETHING people can pull on when they're bored

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-23-2002 12:58:27 AM
*pulls on Nicole's nose*
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-23-2002 12:59:23 AM
Mysteriously sprouting wings could work

Nicole
posted 09-23-2002 01:00:34 AM
*sticks JooJoo to a fridge*

True, and hey, flight is always fun.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-23-2002 01:10:45 AM
*slides off the fridge and switches over to honking Nicole's nose*
Nicole
posted 09-23-2002 01:13:21 AM
*coats JooJoo in grease then slides him down the Endless Frictionless Hall of Eternity*

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-23-2002 01:35:40 AM
*is already Teflon coated, so the grease slid off pretty quickly*
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 09-23-2002 02:04:26 AM
Still taking applicants?
Feed my hungry soul.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-23-2002 02:05:36 AM
Of course, Ragabash.

What did you have in mind?

LeMiere
posted 09-23-2002 02:13:57 AM
Ooh! i'd like a villain modelled after me! that's be sooo nifty!
Ragabash
Pancake
posted 09-23-2002 02:17:50 AM
Since you intend to use it in a game played by ECer's I'll PM it to you, once I finish fleshing it out. Keep the mystery and all that
Feed my hungry soul.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 09-23-2002 02:22:04 AM
Only a oouple ECers, but sure.

TaLourin
Pancake
posted 09-23-2002 02:35:20 AM
OH!

Can I be the bad guy who makes up a bunch of rules, for governing his own, private island, and gets screamed at by insolent peasants when he fires one of his enforcers for breaking the terms of his employment?

Oh, wait.. no.. that ones taken.. NM.

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-23-2002 03:05:02 AM
Hmmm...

I think Mightion could only be "evil" in a Hal Jordan/Parallax type of situation - he would be a former paladin who was unable to deal with a great failure or loss on his part - like being unable to stop someone from being killed or something like that; and driven by grief and/or the need to extract revenge, that he loses his sanity and his nobility...

Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 09-23-2002 03:19:44 AM
You could have a mysterious semi-villian, whos is neither on good or bad, and will do both evil and good, who believes in the balance in everything, so he can do the bigest miracle, and also the most hienous crime, to get to some weird untold secret goal. sound good?
A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: