EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Who IS Cthulhu?
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-20-2002 03:10:41 PM
Good. Another unto the breach. Soon, Cthulhu will have his worshipers and his followers, and we will pray to him daily, for he is our god! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu R'lyeh!

Ozius

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 04-20-2002 03:18:21 PM
quote:
Comrade_Snoota stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I heard the Sears' Tower, tallest building in the world, only comes up to Cthulhu's toenail!

Rumor is he uses an entire forest to make toilet paper! For one wipe! ONE!

TO CTHULHU!

*concedes control of the funney to Snoota*

Oh, Lord was that funny.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Evil
Pancake
posted 04-20-2002 03:19:51 PM
Can someone enlighten me on how to pronounce Cthulhu?
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-20-2002 03:23:45 PM
CA-thoo-loo

Ozius

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 04-20-2002 03:24:20 PM
quote:
Auric stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Can someone enlighten me on how to pronounce Cthulhu?

Just like it's spelled.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Evil
Pancake
posted 04-20-2002 03:27:55 PM
quote:
Comrade_Snoota probably says this to all the girls:
Just like it's spelled.

Makes sense . . . .

The Cth threw me off. . . .

*Goes back to reading The Rats in the Walls*

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-20-2002 03:45:08 PM
Good story. I love the ending.

Now, some Cthulhu stuff:

The statue from Call of Cthulhu, the story:

A few pages from the Necronomicon:

This was found in Maine, near a small town called Port van Burne : (Can anyone say Innsmouth?)

The R'lyeh texts:

Hope you enjoyed those.

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Ozius

[ 04-20-2002: Message edited by: Ozimander J. Griswald ]

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-20-2002 04:34:44 PM
I didn't post this damn crap for nothing! BUMP!

Ozius

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 04-20-2002 05:40:31 PM
quote:
Ozimander J. Griswald stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

Thanks alot, now I've gone completely, irrevocably insane. Damn it.

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 04-20-2002 07:58:24 PM
Hmm...Azathoth, or Cthulhu...I'm taking incredible risks with my soul with either, but Azathoth will probably be worse. Cthulhu it is! *puts on his druid robe*
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 04-20-2002 08:30:28 PM
I decided not only to bump this, but to ask two questions:

1. Does the first album from System Of A Down remind anybody else of the Lovecraft stories? Not all of their songs, just a few. The madness lurking under those songs just puts picture in my head.

2. Ozy, is the line in your sig from a story be Ramesy Campbell? It seems like it might be.

"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-20-2002 08:34:27 PM
No idea on 1. but I think, possibly.

And 2.

No, it is from the story, Call of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft. The qoute is "spoken by" Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab.

Ozius

The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 04-20-2002 08:38:23 PM
quote:
Ozimander J. Griswald had this to say about Captain Planet:
No idea on 1. but I think, possibly.

And 2.

No, it is from the story, Call of Cthulhu by H.P. Lovecraft. The qoute is "spoken by" Abdul Alhazred, the Mad Arab.

Ozius

Hmm. I guess I must've seen it in that fake Necronomicon I insulted, which was when I was reading Cold Print. Meh.

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 04-20-2002 10:48:28 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Ozimander J. Griswald said this:
Actually, no. He is huge. His size is higher then any building man will ever create. He has the wings of a demon, the body of a man, and the head of a squid. No picture of him does justice. He is almighty, and his physical form is beyond human comprehension. Just to gaze a moment at his massive form, his hideous body is to gaze into the face of madness. Almost instantly, unless you are lucky, you'd go insane. Visions of terror, horror, beastial things that you, nor the laws of physics can understand or control will begin to dance right before you, but the visions will not stop. You will claw our your cornias and collapse to the ground, cluthing at parts of your body, pulling your hair, digging deep into your empty eye sockets as hideous beasts, Deep Ones, Ghouls, things you will never, in your life, understand, nor will any of us. Foam will start to appear around your mouth and you'll begin to seizure, yet the vision of ALMIGHTY CTHULHU will remain in the final moments of your slow, lingering death via madness. If your (un)lucky enough to not go mad, then he will eat you, simpily enough. And a mouth that big, as you plumit in, having been dropped by a tentacle, you will see the hideous teeth, and saliva, and nasty gnashing boyd parts coming towards you rather quickly.

Or you might just live in fear for the rest of your life, forever looking away from shadows and other simple things. You'll live in your room, clutching to your bedsheets in fear that something is coming to get you. To finish off what you started.

That, is Cthulhu.

HUMOUR DISCLAIMER!

Yes, I know you meant it as a joke, and I understand that, but I was bored, so I wrote the above. Stuff happens.

Ozius

Ok, assuming all this is true, is it just me, or does the fact of seeing these images NOT scary at all?
Ghouls? Pfeh.
Death? Corruption? Boring.
Now.. If images of Hanson stripping or something started dancing in front of me, well.. then I'd go insane.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-21-2002 12:38:45 AM
Well, you've only help prove my point. Our minds are not capable of thinking of such a hideous and horrific thing as cthulhu. That is why the pictures of him are not scary. Ghouls? Of course their not scary, your dreaming them up, but when something with a mind as limitless as the cosmos makes you think about things you've nevr heard of your ever had a concept of, then you'll go insane.

Ozius

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 04-21-2002 12:40:48 AM
quote:
Ozimander J. Griswald had this to say about (_|_):
Well, you've only help prove my point. Our minds are not capable of thinking of such a hideous and horrific thing as cthulhu. That is why the pictures of him are not scary. Ghouls? Of course their not scary, your dreaming them up, but when something with a mind as limitless as the cosmos makes you think about things you've nevr heard of your ever had a concept of, then you'll go insane.

Ozius

So.. I'd be afraid of my subcouncious? ..

Delphi
I walk in the Light
I fear no Evil
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-21-2002 12:43:41 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
So.. I'd be afraid of my subcouncious? ..

No. Your mind does not have a self destruct option. You can sit down and go 'I will think of something so hideous, I will go nuts!' but when something that makes and controls those things you can't think of comes along, then you have no option. Screw self destruct, someone has infiltrated the base!

Ozius

Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 04-21-2002 12:47:57 AM
quote:
Verily, Ozimander J. Griswald doth proclaim:
No. Your mind does not have a self destruct option. You can sit down and go 'I will think of something so hideous, I will go nuts!' but when something that makes and controls those things you can't think of comes along, then you have no option. Screw self destruct, someone has infiltrated the base!

Ozius

Right. Obviously you dont see my dreams very often. ..

Eh, maybe I wont understand until I see you down on his toe, laughing maniacally as he takes over the world.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
I fear no Evil
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-21-2002 01:33:57 PM
Maybe.

Ozius

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: