EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Do you beleive...
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 04-18-2002 09:55:17 PM
yes
yes
yes
yes
no
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
maybe
maybe
yes
HELL NO.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 04-18-2002 10:17:03 PM
WTF! You uncultred swine! Do you not know anything?! How can you know who what Cthulhu is?!

Ozius

Steven Steve
posted 04-18-2002 10:17:58 PM
I believe in dragons and Bob Dole
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 04-18-2002 11:40:54 PM
quote:
Solstyce was naked while typing this:
... in vampires? Yeah.

... in ghosts? Yep.

... in faeries? Uh huh.

... in aliens? Definately.

... in God? Depends.

... in gods (plural)? See above.

... in angels? In a varietly of speaking.

... in dragons? Yes.

... in Cthulhu ( )? Never know.

... in love at first sight? Definately.

... in elves? Of course.

... in (_|_) elves? Gotta have the opposite.

... in magic? Quite so.

... in Bob Dole? ... runs away screaming.

I command peace! There will be no flames in this thread!

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Mod
Pancake
posted 04-19-2002 06:05:47 AM
The concept of faith or belief does not appeal to me. I might consider something possible (for example, non-terrestrial life), but as long as there is no evidence pointing to its existance I don't 'believe' it's there, and if there is, you can't really call it belief any more.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
vertue
Pancake
posted 04-19-2002 09:17:18 AM
quote:

Check out the big brain on Mog!
interesting you should say this with my resent thinking, i actually think the "supreme being" is a man, a father who claims he loves his children but really wants them to be nothing but slaves to him, and if they do anything wrong hes the first one to damn them, on the other hand, the earth is alive, the earth is our mother, she actually cares about us, she is willing to sacrifice her very body and mind so we could proseper, she is much more loveing, she is down herw with us, not looking down at us from the sky

i have no idae why i decided to share this, its jsut a theory ive bean thinking about a bit recently

Funny that you should say that, if I thought it would be anything like that, I would think it would be a Female Deity mother figure who would say that she loved us but wanted to make us slaves, and the father figure who would try to rescue us. Hah, the exact opposite of yours I guess.

Archers Roxxors!

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 04-19-2002 10:51:52 AM
Personally, I beleive if there IS a "supreme deity", it has no sex. Or it's both sexes. Why should it confine itself to simply one? If there IS a "supreme deity", won't it be able to change it's sex at will, but as it can do that, personify and feel totally at home in neither of them?

The nurturing of a mother, the protection of a father.

Something to think about, at least.

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
Emil
Hypersensitive; Beware of Hurt Feelings
posted 04-19-2002 01:34:00 PM
quote:
Solstyce had this to say about (_|_):
... in vampires?

... in ghosts? Not really

... in faeries? no

... in aliens? Yes, but I'm not sure if they have ever been here.

... in God? *sigh* no

... in gods (plural)? no

... in angels? no

... in dragons? Besides my boss no

... in Cthulhu ( )? Um...big snake? No

... in love at first sight? yes, but it's like winning the lottery, you have to be extremely lucky

... in elves? no

... in (_|_) elves? I want to believe )

... in magic? no

... in Bob Dole? Isn't he an alien ? (Simpsons if anyone remembers the episode)

I command peace! There will be no flames in this thread!

From a worldly point of view, there is no mistake so great as that of being always right. – Samuel Butler
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 04-19-2002 01:39:51 PM
Love and Aliens Baby!!

And Bob Dole.. Yes. He's out there.

The World is Yours
vertue
Pancake
posted 04-19-2002 02:18:19 PM
quote:
Solstyce had this to write about cuba

Personally, I beleive if there IS a "supreme deity", it has no sex. Or it's both sexes. Why should it confine itself to simply one? If there IS a "supreme deity", won't it be able to change it's sex at will, but as it can do that, personify and feel totally at home in neither of them?
The nurturing of a mother, the protection of a father.

Something to think about, at least.

Actually, the Christian God is *supposed* to be like that. (well, except for Jesus, who was a male, but that probably had more to do with the times.)

God is supposed to have all of the Good Characteristics of both Male and female. After all, it does say that both male and female were created in his image. I do think that God is both mother and father, as mothers and fathers are really supposed to be.

I also have a theory that before God created Eve, Adam had most of the Female Characteristics (exept for maybe Physical Characteristics) and so when God took his Rib, he took some of the personality too. Then he added more of his own personality to Eve that he had not given to Adam.

That is why I think that when two people get into a serious relationship, then they are Complete, as complete as I think people can be without God anyway. But that is another topic in itself, and I don't like to argue about that anyway. I would give my opinion if someone wanted it though.

Archers Roxxors!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: