EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Help Ferrell?
Skaw
posted 03-26-2002 06:53:21 PM
Yeah, I'm human and I have no vision problems. Ofcourse, its kinda hard to find out which piece of equipment acts as my lightsource.

Ofcourse, if there is a problem. I have my 2 forms of UV, and 94928 forms of IRV.

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 03-26-2002 10:21:54 PM
Having been Ferrell (With infravision) for like.... as long as I can remember now, I'm a bit concerned with Vision.

I logged on my human monk the other day and could not see a damn think in Permafrost.

Could have just been the monitor though.

But, for looks I might just have to be human.

Btw, does anyone have that faction site for iksars?

Ferrel!
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 03-26-2002 11:19:05 PM
No, I didn't get a fungi yet, Tier...but I stopped caring when I got my epic and consequently improved many different armor slots...I just decided it's not worth getting worked up about fuckheads that'll quit before level 50. The only 50+ Monks on Torv are real Monks who might've been twinked, but they have the skill. We don't tolerate idiots.

My apologies to Ferrel for the hijack.

I honestly don't know the faction site off the top of my head, because I have never personally worked faction up as I felt it was worthless. Or it was easy faction work.

Nammy the Namtar
My sig text is approved by Maradon!
posted 03-26-2002 11:22:26 PM
Human Female.

Screw all the iguana monks...go for the tried and true HUMAN STYLE! You can get light sources, you are liked most of world and you look sexy. And human XP bonus.

-Mages are as far beyond necros as Trakanon is beyond a moss snake.
-One Shungokusatsu and its game over.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-26-2002 11:24:22 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Nammy the Namtar said this:
And human XP bonus.

Humans don't get an XP bonus. Only Halflings do.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Nammy the Namtar
posted 03-26-2002 11:25:06 PM
Hmm was pretty sure humans had a 25% bonus....i remember reading that at least a long time ago
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-27-2002 08:07:44 AM
Humans have no exp bonus, Halflings get a 10% bonus (although that was ment for Humans, dammit).

The faction guide for Iksar is here.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 03-27-2002 08:12:41 AM
quote:
Tier had this to say about Knight Rider:
Human:
For nightvision, you can just get Ultravision/Infravision items. - Those usually aren't exactly perfect for monks. I'd go iksar so I wouldn't have to worry about that and could focus on gear instead.
For regen, you have a fungi tunic. - Natural regen stacks with spells and fungi - completely irrelevant.
For AC, you have plenty of armor. - Natural AC stacks with armor. This is completely irrelevant.

hey
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-27-2002 08:14:13 AM
I'd be glad to help you, Ferrel.

But first, as we say here in the North, "Show us 'yer tits!"

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 03-27-2002 08:20:27 AM
Iksar are generally superior to humans. Humans have no advantages anymore.

What Iksars have:

• Innate regen that stacks with spells and items
  • Innate nightvision - it's hell to be human at night. Spells take up a buff slot and items are generally not the best you can get, which makes you semi-waste a slot.
  • Innate AC that stacks with armor and spells
  • Forage

What Humans have:

• Faction - doesn't really matter. Can just kill Zephyl/Quinn a few times for the robe.
  • Better dmg/dly on fists - Doesn't matter. Much better 1hb and h2h weapons out there than your fists nowadays.
  • No XP penalty

This was just made off the top of my head, though, so I may be wrong.

hey
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 03-27-2002 11:13:23 AM
Wait a sec, you can skip all the crap to get the robe just by offing one of the bothers?
Ferrel!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-27-2002 11:34:56 AM
quote:
Ferrel painfully thought these words up:
Wait a sec, you can skip all the crap to get the robe just by offing one of the bothers?

Indeed. They used to drop the robe all the time, but since they upped the spawn rate on Qwinn it may take a few times. Hell, you can get a RotLC at Lv.1 that way.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Zergling
Pancake
posted 03-27-2002 11:36:18 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ferrel wrote:

Yes, you can. Although it's an uncommon drop now, beats the hell out of 20-30 hour raster camps.

Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 03-27-2002 09:16:15 PM
Well, I've been leaning towards humans for the following reasons.

1. I was informed today by a guild monk that monk AC does, indeed, soft cap. So the Iksar AC bonus is only useful early. My apologies to the monks I argued with that this was otherwise.

2. To me, they're pretty. Granted, they have no tail, but we learn to compromise.

3. I have the means to replace the lack of Infravision

4. Im looking to get the character to 50 in a week and then to 60 in 2 more. Iksar would slow that up slightly.

5. Assuming I dont kill the brothers. A human monk would do less faction work.

6. The Whistling fists arent that attractive to me.

7. Iksar monks will only end up with 5 regen more a tick at 60 (Or so I was told). While that is a large number, I'm not sure Its worth being ugly for.

I'm going to have to look at models over again, etc, but Im shifting towards human.

Ferrel!
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-27-2002 09:20:21 PM
60 in 3 weeks....you suck
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-27-2002 09:25:38 PM
quote:
Giantt had this to say about pies:
it's hell to be human at night.

Again, coming from someone that doesn't PLAY one. Save your opinions for things you know about.

quote:
Ferrel said this about your mom:

I logged on my human monk the other day and could not see a damn think in Permafrost.

Only explanation I can think of is you didn't have a lightsource of any kind. Lightsources actually work the BEST in dungeons.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-27-2002 09:32:38 PM
quote:
De lid g am ond had this to say about (_|_):
60 in 3 weeks....you suck

I agree with Deli here

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-27-2002 09:41:13 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Vision WAS an issue before the last change to human vision.

I should have already addressed this. Having played a Human Monk since shortly after release, the ONLY differences I've ever noticed in the TWO human vision patches, were in Kithicor Forest at night.

Human vision has NEVER been the issue everyone makes it out to be if you have a lightsource. The worst it gets is a tad annoying in SOME conditions.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 03-27-2002 09:59:32 PM
Actually I had a greater light stone :\
Ferrel!
Nammy the Namtar
posted 03-27-2002 10:06:10 PM
I still say human monk.

I absolutly HATED when Kunark came out and made human monks looks so blah.

Screw j00 Iksars the humans will kick your tails.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-27-2002 10:08:23 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Ferrel:
Actually I had a greater light stone :\

Did you happen to have lighting turned off in your options(maybe you did so to help with lag on raids)? If so, then no lightsource would help. If not, then your gamma must be set really dark, because I usually run through and slaughter all of permafrost before vox raids and I've never had trouble seeing using the GLS effect of my froglok crown.
Nammy the Namtar
posted 03-27-2002 10:09:51 PM
/nod I have a erudite wizzy and he uses his Halo of Light at the moment...GLS style light and I see FINE
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 03-27-2002 10:10:02 PM
quote:
Densetsu thought about the meaning of life:

Yeah I have dynamic lighting off, didnt think of that.

Ferrel!
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-27-2002 10:15:22 PM
quote:
Ferrel's account was hax0red to write:
Yeah I have dynamic lighting off, didnt think of that.

well there ya go. ^_^

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 03-27-2002 11:30:48 PM
Point 1...Iksar do not have only 5 more hp a tick at 60. This means naked regen. With AA regen and fungi, it still holds true though.

At level 60, again with no extra regen, a Human regens 4 hp standing, 5 feigned, and 7 sitting. An Iksar regens 12 standing, 13 feigned, and 18 sitting. Adding a fungi means +15 regen. Adding in AA regen, you get +6 regen for Humans and +12 for Iksar. Iksar have a vast advantage when it comes to hp regeneration.

Point 2...you don't need to do any faction work for the Robes or the epic, Ferrel. The headbands are not no drop and are easily completeable by that level 60 Enchanter you said you'd have tagging along. You just need to get the components for the quests.

Point 3...and this is no insult to you at all. But if you're planning to get your Monk to 60 in 3 weeks, I assume you're just making one for the damage and not for the pulling. I highly suggest taking longer to 60 if you plan to pull in any raid situation, which I doubt from the way you want to level.

Point 4...all classes have an ac softcap or so it's said. A Monk's softcap is right around 1100 ac, which isn't that hard to get if you have better then average gear at 55+. But I'd like to point out that an Iksar's natural AC of an extra 45 points means you can sacrifice an ac point here or there for better resists or hp. Just something to consider.

Please note that this is not an attack on you or anyone's decision for choosing or a Human or leaning towards a Human...I'm just pointing things out that may or may not matter to you.

And Iksars are good looking, IMO. :P

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: