EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The D&D Thread
Za’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 12-31-2001 12:34:32 AM
jeez what does one have to do around here to get an answer ?

what was the old server name please ?

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-31-2001 12:59:39 AM
I told that in my post, Ankle

We can't say the full name here because Drysart has set up a filter, but Sorc is the abbreviation. PM me if you need info on how to get here.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-31-2001 01:13:33 AM
I put a link to this thread from the D&D board, in case Parcelan or anyone else wants to dig it up later.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-31-2001 01:43:13 AM
I have a basic 3rd Ed. world planned, but I'm going to wait awhile to run it for three reasons:

1. I'm in the campaign Murdoc's running, and I don't want to either take interest away from his or become a less-effective roleplayer due to dividing of interest.

2. Senior year is a lot more busy than any of my other years have been, so I need to wait until the work load dies down after this semester and the mother of all research papers next 9-weeks.

3. I've only DM'd once before, and never even managed to get started without losing the interst of the players, so I'm a bit uncomfortable now with trying it again when people here are more demanding.

But the world's generally done, so if enough people ask I could pull it out of storage and try again sometime in the next couple months. I make no promises as to quality, however.

Cap'n Elethi
I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt...
posted 12-31-2001 10:38:49 AM
I'de be interested, Drake.

Anyways, I've decided. I'm going to be starting up a level 1 campaign, for all you newbies. Don't plan on this being very long, or getting to a very much higher level. This is just to get the hang of things and such.

If anyone is interested, please, PM me. I'll need at least 3 people, but probably not more than 6. It really depends on how many applications I get.

And don't worry if you've never played before. You might want to get a copy of the Players Handbook it's only 14 bucks right now, which is really cheap.

I've gotten 1 PM already (Who isn't playing, just offered to help), but I was wondering if one or two veterans would be willing to help? I don't think I'll be able to help everyong, and I'm not even sure I know all of the DM stuff. I'll have to read over the rulebook again.

Anyways, thanks for the interest.

That was probably the longest post I've ever made...

Elethi Rian, A Man Of Many Talents
Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 12-31-2001 11:54:36 AM
quote:
Anklebitur D'gnome had this to say about Duck Tales:
jeez what does one have to do around here to get an answer ?

what was the old server name please ?

irc.blahblahblah.net is the other server.

... WTF?

Okay. A wizard practices Wizardry, so a Sorcerer practices... (replace the blahblahblah with the answer to that riddle. I don't know why it goes nuts on that word, though. Must be some sort of filter.)

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Arttemis the Twink ]

Za’afiel
posted 12-31-2001 12:07:53 PM
thanks Arttemis, and Lyinar

[ 12-31-2001: Message edited by: Anklebitur D'gnome ]

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cap'n Elethi
posted 12-31-2001 04:42:45 PM
So, anyways. All you newbies looking for a game.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 12-31-2001 04:46:58 PM
HUMOROUS D&D STORY

The group had just gotten out of the dungeon and had returned to town for a brief merchantizing trip.

The monk refused to take shares of the loot on principle, and the druid didn't want it because he had no use for it. The rogue, of course, was more than happy to make up for them.

Anyway, our rogue is pretty big on roleplaying, and he was talking to a gnomish merchant. The monk was getting really impatient, waiting to get back into the fray and fight.

So anyway, the rogue says, "Yes, good merchant, I believe I'd like to have a look at your wares."

Then suddenly, the monk shouts, "GOD DAMN IT! Why do you always have to say something fancy like 'wares'?!?! Can't you just say 'STUFF'?!??!"

I thought it was funny, at least.

Za’afiel
posted 12-31-2001 04:48:09 PM
quote:
Elethi had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
So, anyways. All you newbies looking for a game.

im a newbie looking for a game
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cap'n Elethi
posted 12-31-2001 04:50:29 PM
Read my big post about 5 posts up.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-31-2001 10:00:49 PM
What do you think you'll need help with, El? I'm not a vet at GMing, that's Deth's department, but I've been playing quite a long time.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-31-2001 10:02:00 PM
I need help with my dice. They flat out give me horrible rolls. So does Jalal.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Cap'n Elethi
posted 12-31-2001 10:03:49 PM
Ly, just someone to help the new people with stats, skills, or spells and such. If you don't want to play, I can understand, but maybe if you could make 1 or 2 games, just to help me explain stuff to people.

You're welcome to play, of course. I'm just looking for someone to help with with teaching and such.

Jalal d'Varr
Still a gnome!
posted 12-31-2001 10:12:45 PM
DiceBot hates me
Cap'n Elethi
posted 12-31-2001 11:39:54 PM
*coughs politely*
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 12-31-2001 11:46:50 PM
Damn that necromancer
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 12-31-2001 11:53:21 PM
I'm looking for a game, so I can use my monk character.
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-01-2002 12:50:32 AM
I would like to play in another campaign...

I think I talked to you, Murdoc a long time ago about yours, but at the time I didn't have 3rd Edition...

So, at any rate... I'll be looking for a game...

Added:
Also, I'm not much of a DMing type, but can help people put together stories or improve them, and I can also help with stats and stuff (once I get some of the kinks of 3rd Ed combat understood). But as far as Char Creation and basic combat goes, yeah, I'll help some people with that.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 01-01-2002 12:21:59 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Lazuli wrote:
Damn that necromancer

You torched that zombie good though

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-01-2002 12:33:37 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
HUMOROUS D&D STORY

The group had just gotten out of the dungeon and had returned to town for a brief merchantizing trip.

The monk refused to take shares of the loot on principle, and the druid didn't want it because he had no use for it. The rogue, of course, was more than happy to make up for them.

Anyway, our rogue is pretty big on roleplaying, and he was talking to a gnomish merchant. The monk was getting really impatient, waiting to get back into the fray and fight.

So anyway, the rogue says, "Yes, good merchant, I believe I'd like to have a look at your wares."

Then suddenly, the monk shouts, "GOD DAMN IT! Why do you always have to say something fancy like 'wares'?!?! Can't you just say 'STUFF'?!??!"

I thought it was funny, at least.

That would explain your first .sig!

Also, where might I find a dice bot?

Cap'n Elethi
posted 01-01-2002 12:42:37 PM
All of you peoples looking for a game, I'm having one.

Everyone's welcome, so feel free to send me a PM

I'm going to have to stop at 6, maybe 5, because I can't handle more than that.

I think I have 3 or 4 so far.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-01-2002 02:41:31 PM
Lesse... in our first adventure, Lash managed to skewer a rat, shoot Elethi in the back, and get totally wasted by the skeletons. Me, I'm kinda waiting for level 4 so I can improve my CHA... I wanna be able to use LoH and heal more than one measly HP =P

Parce, when is the next game? I'm at work... and it sucks...

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-01-2002 05:47:59 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about (_|_):
Lesse... in our first adventure, Lash managed to skewer a rat, shoot Elethi in the back, and get totally wasted by the skeletons. Me, I'm kinda waiting for level 4 so I can improve my CHA... I wanna be able to use LoH and heal more than one measly HP =P

Parce, when is the next game? I'm at work... and it sucks...

Hey... Those Skeletons got lucky, I went down in two blows, X_X

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 01-01-2002 05:50:10 PM
quote:
Lashanna thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Hey... Those Skeletons got lucky, I went down after two blows, X_X

I guess that would explain the tongue.

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Arttemis the Twink ]

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-01-2002 05:51:23 PM
Art, the party had Lash and Khyron in it. What did you honestly expect?
Lazzay
omg mack attack :(
posted 01-01-2002 07:50:15 PM
I totally pwned that mouse, tho.
one two three fo let me see that tootsie roll
Malbi
posted 01-01-2002 10:09:38 PM
I really wish I could observe these lil episodes could give me some ideas for my table top games
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Lashanna
noob
posted 01-02-2002 01:00:24 AM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Hey... Those Skeletons got lucky, I went down in two blows, X_X

Looking back now, I realize how terribly and easily that is misunderstood....
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 01-02-2002 01:03:02 AM
I'd like to join someone's D&D game, but concerning how largely I'm unknown, I'm guessing I won't be getting in any.
Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-02-2002 01:20:40 AM
Oh, don't start with the "Woe is Waisz" stuff. You're a firestarter, not a weenie!

Anyway, you never know unless you try, and there are lotsa people here who wanna play. So send up the notice, yo.

Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 01-02-2002 01:23:30 AM
I like to think of myself as Eeyore with flame breath and flame farts.
Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-02-2002 01:24:02 AM
You're more like Gopher.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-02-2002 01:29:16 AM
PAAAAAAAAAAAAARCE

When's the next game, friday, or saturday?

Lashanna
noob
posted 01-02-2002 10:27:11 AM
Good question, I don't want to seem like I'm harassing ya Parce, I just want to plan ahead,
Cap'n Elethi
posted 01-02-2002 11:28:23 AM
Sorry to all you people who are still looking for a game, but mine just filled up.

Anyways, when is it Parce?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: