EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Em is now a sexy dark red-head...
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-23-2001 05:25:00 AM
It's our thread now!

Ahaha... ahahaha.. AHAHAHA..AHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Mortious coughs, splutters, and dies

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Mortious Shadowstalker ]

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-23-2001 05:34:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mortious Shadowstalker:
It's our thread now!

Ahaha... ahahaha.. AHAHAHA..AHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Mortious coughs, splutters, and dies

You're getting old...you can't even keep up the evil laughter for very long anymore

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 08-23-2001 06:55:00 AM
o_O
Vomax
Pancake
posted 08-23-2001 08:35:00 AM
Boy this has really turned into a productive, meaningful discussion.

-"Why do you have a huge spoon?"
-"I'm just lucky, I guess"
---
My very non-uber monk
---
Do not taunt the happy fun ball.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-23-2001 10:20:00 AM
your thread, Drysart's boards, my world (people just don't acknowledge it yet)

It's okay for adults to do this, but (and you're going to hate me for saying this) you're still just a kid. All for us, none for you.

How's that for evil parental talk?

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

DivaliciousEm
posted 08-23-2001 10:49:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael:
your thread, Drysart's boards, my world (people just don't acknowledge it yet)

It's okay for adults to do this, but (and you're going to hate me for saying this) you're still just a kid. All for us, none for you.

How's that for evil parental talk?

Deth, that was really harsh. I have enough parental guidance in my life, I don't need some stranger on the internet trying to take on the role of my dad to try and tell me what to do.

I've always grown up around people who've treated me as an "equal", or at least close to it.

I want to hang around people who consider me - maybe not an adult - but at least an equal. (And there ARE people, adults even, who will give me that kinda respect), rather than people who still consider me a "little kid".

Naliana La'Rambuncious:
[Level 5, Bertoxx]
Wood Elf Druid.
Tunare's Li'l Vixen.
"Too Wild To Be Tamed."
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-23-2001 10:54:00 AM
Em, I do respect you.

My point was that you are disrespecting yourself by allowing this sort of talk. You are the one that was so adamantly opposed to pictures of women in lingerie, and said that you would never wear it, and that it degrades women.

By allowing these men to discuss the color of your pubic hair, and your leopard print thong, you degrade yourself.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-23-2001 10:55:00 AM
We do treat you as an equal. Right up until doing so could get us in legal trouble.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Pesco
posted 08-23-2001 11:01:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael:
We do treat you as an equal. Right up until doing so could get us in legal trouble.

What he said.....

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 08-23-2001 11:01:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Illanae:
By allowing these men to discuss the color of your pubic hair, and your leopard print thong, you degrade yourself.

Weren't you the one in the prostitution thread talking about to each their own and not pushing morals onto people? It only degrades her is she finds it degrading, which she obviously doesn't.

DEAR GOD HELP ME! I JUST DEFENDED EM OF ALL PEOPLE AGAINST.. ILLANAE!

I'm gonna go take a nap..

EDIT: And you can't get into legal trouble by TALKING about something. For everyone screaming that. Harmless talk, at least. It's illegal to proposition a minor.

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Snoota ]

DivaliciousEm
posted 08-23-2001 11:02:00 AM
quote:
Em, I do respect you.

My point was that you are disrespecting yourself by allowing this sort of talk. You are the one that was so adamantly opposed to pictures of women in lingerie, and said that you would never wear it, and that it degrades women.

I don't disrespect myself. This was all supposed to be a freakin' JOKE, Nae. OMG. Lighten up.

If you remember, I got pissed about the lingerie topic because it was serious. You ended up practically telling me my future about how one day I'll pay 90$ for a peice of silk only to be thrown on the floor in 10 minutes....! Do YOU know how degrading that sounds to me?

And of course, if that was a JOKE, I would've recognized it, but if I remember correctly - it wasn't. And I got upset about that whole thing because it was serious.

This wasn't, it was never supposed to be. At least, I never took it seriously and was having a good time up until someone made me realize that I was too young to be joking around, I guess.

Naliana La'Rambuncious:
[Level 5, Bertoxx]
Wood Elf Druid.
Tunare's Li'l Vixen.
"Too Wild To Be Tamed."
Dead Tired
Is usually a girl
posted 08-23-2001 11:05:00 AM
Em this is for you. Hope it cheers ya up

(Dammit It won't show...)

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Dead Tired ]

Drysart
Pancake
posted 08-23-2001 11:06:00 AM
It's ok to degrade women when it's funny?
Mightion Defensor
posted 08-23-2001 11:06:00 AM
Basically, Em, it comes down to "What a difference three years would make." You're not legal, and Deth is right.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 08-23-2001 11:09:00 AM
That's right. I'm the evil adult overlord. I don't think the majority of folks on the board realize what kind of bullet the EC community dodged recently. Even if nothing serious came of it, I bet you it would have resulted in Drysart rethinking some of the rules around here.

Hate to break it to you, Emmy. You're a 15 year old in a community of people of whom a good number sex is legal. It's not for you. Sexual comments between a 15 year old, 14 year old or a 12 year old and one of us can cause all sorts of trouble. Your personal protection isn't my business. I will, however, cover my own ass thank you.

And if you want to say something about me, don't make veiled comments. Flat out say it.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-23-2001 11:09:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Mightion Defensor:
Basically, Em, it comes down to "What a difference three years would make." You're not legal, and Deth is right.

That is COMPLETLY irrelevant. Look at this thread? How much rated R shit is in it?

Want to take a guess at how many under 18 read it? This "under age" shit doesnt apply, we crossed the line here along time ago, everyone knows that heh.

If you are worried about legal repercussions I can tell you how to avoid them: "do not try to start up any sort of real life relationships with someone on these boards"

Ta da! You're now safe

-Mayer Rothschild
Pesco
posted 08-23-2001 11:11:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DivaliciousEm:

I don't disrespect myself. This was all supposed to be a freakin' JOKE, Nae. OMG. Lighten up.

Talking about a minor's pubic hair color isnt a joke when it could land us in some serious ass trouble.

And it isnt like it hasnt happened before. The internet isnt a safe haven.

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Pesco ]

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-23-2001 11:12:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Drysart:

Exactly.

In the eyes of a 15 year old I guess so. It's okay for her to tempt the men of EC with visuals of her in a leopard print thong, and talk about her bush hair.

Yeah, I get that.

It's all clear to me now.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 08-23-2001 11:12:00 AM
These boards are rated

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Drysart ]

Snoota
posted 08-23-2001 11:13:00 AM
quote:
In the eyes of a 15 year old I guess so. It's okay for her to tempt the men of EC with visuals of her in a leopard print thong, and talk about her bush hair.

Yeah, I get that.

The color of her 'bush' never came up until Drysart brought it up.

BLAME DRYSART! AND CANADA TOO!

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 08-23-2001 11:14:00 AM
I'm confuuuuuuused.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Snoota
quote:
Originally posted by Reynar:
If you are worried about legal repercussions I can tell you how to avoid them: "do not try to start up any sort of real life relationships with someone on these boards"

Does that mean the date is off?

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
quote:
These boards are rated

and not for Monkeys, either.

Pesco
quote:
Want to take a guess at how many under 18 read it? This "under age" shit doesnt apply, we crossed the line here along time ago, everyone knows that heh.

Yea, but it wasnt aimmed at a minor... atleast the last bit. I know we cross the line alot, but I would like to avoid outright comments aimmed at a minor. I'm cool with inneduenos though for the most part, just the blunt stuff... noooo thanks.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-23-2001 11:15:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Pesco:
Talking about a minor's pubic hair color isnt a joke when it could land us in some serious ass trouble.

And it isnt like it hasnt happened before. The internet isnt a safe haven.

Then who's fault is it? The minor who comes to a public message board or those "adults" who are talking about it in an open forum?

-Mayer Rothschild
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-23-2001 11:16:00 AM
quote:
Then who's fault is it? The minor who comes to a public message board or those "adults" who are talking about it in an open forum?

The adults, which explains why they are following the sacred rule of CYA. It's only illegal when aimed at a minor.

DivaliciousEm
posted 08-23-2001 11:17:00 AM
quote:
Exactly.

Yeah, I get that.

*WHY* ARE YOU TAKING SOMETHING - THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE - SOOOOO SERIOUSLY?? Dammit, I apologized!!! And I stopped talking about stuff that frankly - offended people. But don't you think it offends me to read things on my own thread - subtle oral sex jokes and stuff that I can't join in on because I'm a MINOR. The leopard print thong comment was a JOKE. It was said for a freakin' laugh and maybe a few silly comments. You're guilty of the same kinda comments, Nae. I guess it all makes a difference in the age.

SO I'M SORRY. I'LL APOLOGIZE AGAIN FOR THE COMMENTS I MADE BERFORE THAT OFFENDED SOME BECAUSE I'M A MINOR.

Happy? Now let it GO.

And you know, Drysart, this whole thread never would've lead to this if you had just tried to keep it clean.

Naliana La'Rambuncious:
[Level 5, Bertoxx]
Wood Elf Druid.
Tunare's Li'l Vixen.
"Too Wild To Be Tamed."
Pesco
posted 08-23-2001 11:17:00 AM
quote:

Read above post....

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-23-2001 11:18:00 AM
quote:

As long as the source of the degradation is coming from a woman. Same goes with racial degradation.

At least that is what stand up comedy has taught me.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
quote:
Originally posted by Vhore:
The adults, which explains why they are following the sacred rule of CYA. It's only illegal when aimed at a minor.

Then if it is our fault, why do we not just slap up a 18+ only sign, and lock this site with adult check?

Then we can be as perverted as we want. But until then, it is completely assinine to tell someone this board isnt for them because of their age.

-Mayer Rothschild
Drysart
Pancake
quote:
Originally posted by DivaliciousEm:
And you know, Drysart, this whole thread never would've lead to this if you had just tried to keep it clean.

Yeah, but what's the fun in that?

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-23-2001 11:20:00 AM
quote:
Then if it is our fault, why do we not just slap up a 18+ only sign, and lock this site with adult check?

Then we can be as perverted as we want. But until then, it is completely assinine to tell someone this board isnt for them because of their age.

It just can't be aimed at a minor. Insinuating things about sex doesn't cause problems until it's insinuated with a minor and adult.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-23-2001 11:27:00 AM
Em, all I have to say to you is "tcha".
Mightion Defensor
posted 08-23-2001 11:30:00 AM
This discussion started crossing the line (in my opinion) when Drysart made his "Carpet and curtains" comment. I myself would have not made that kind of remark about a 15 year old girl, but I am not Drysart, and this is not my board.

Em was not offended by it; on the contrary, she herself said she did not mind. I do not judge, that's the type of person she is. That does not change the "legality" of it. Once, in IRC, I told Kloie it was technically illegal for us to discuss how she looked in a bathing suit.

I don't need to tell you how much more accessible a web page message board is to the general public than an irc channel on an IRC network... especially when you need to go to the website to get the key for the IRC channel.

I do not always agree with everything said on these boards, but I believe people have the right to voice their opinion. Problem is, people, Em discussing her ... nether region on the net IS technically illegal.

Dead Tired
Is usually a girl
posted 08-23-2001 11:31:00 AM
Damn people. We now know everyone's opinion on this.

Can we let it die now?

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: Dead Tired ]

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 08-23-2001 11:31:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Vhore:
It just can't be aimed at a minor. Insinuating things about sex doesn't cause problems until it's insinuated with a minor and adult.

Yea but this is a public message board, either you:

1) put up age verifaction
2) tone down the direct sexual advances
3) realize this isnt a real issue and go about your day

All are extremely simple solutions. #3 being the easiest...but since some of the 'adults' here wont agree with #3, it would be just as easy to invoke #2...assuming people have any sort of self control

-Mayer Rothschild
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-23-2001 11:35:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dead Tired:
Damn people. We now know everyone's opinion on this.

Can we let it die now?

You forget, we're all very stubborn and will not be happy until we all stand on our rooftops and shout "I ACKNOWLEDGE AND RESPECT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS!"

[EDIT: Oh yeah, we have to mention something about how wrong our own opinions are.]

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: JooJooFlop ]

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-23-2001 11:38:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by JooJooFlop:
You forget, we're all very stubborn and will not be happy until we all stand on our rooftops and shout "I ACKNOWLEDGE AND RESPECT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS!"

get off the roof ya crazy nut! *throws a lobster at the magnet*

-KD

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Drysart
Pancake
posted 08-23-2001 11:41:00 AM
I should call up some of my friends in the Christian Coalition. Some of you self-righteous people would fit right in with them.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-23-2001 11:42:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KaLourin DthBlayde:

get off the roof ya crazy nut! *throws a lobster at the magnet*

-KD

*is hit by the lobster, thus knocking him off balance enough to cause him to tumble over and fall off the roof into some blackberry vines*

X_X

*on top of that, the lobster is pinching him*

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: