EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I am confused... Something about Tenchi Muyo
Steven Steve
posted 08-05-2001 07:21:00 PM
This is directed towards the ladies that have seen Tenchi Muyo... Is Tenchi REALLY worth all the rage? I mean jeez he looks like a wimp to me.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Dave
)_(
posted 08-05-2001 08:01:00 PM
Tenchi is a VERY good series. The uncut ver is even better. Love Hina is a nother good one too.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 08-05-2001 08:04:00 PM
oh quiet faz, we all know your just jealous!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 08-05-2001 08:06:00 PM
Before Pesco wielded the pants, Tenchi did.

Question answered.

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 08-05-2001 08:30:00 PM
Tenchi Muyo! is the first part of my X-over series, do you think I like it?
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Blackedout
Pancake
posted 08-05-2001 09:08:00 PM
In case you guys didn't notice his question wasn't about the worth of the series but about why all the girls chase after him within the series. In most of the cases there is a reason:
Ryoko - It is my understanding that Tenchi, in the OVA episodes, was the first person to be born with Jurian Powers, on earth after her term of sentance was up, she knew he would be the one to free her from when he was born and watched him constantly as he grew up, in the process growing to love him.
I would go on but there is a simpler reason why all the girls chase after Tenchi in the shows, look at the other guys that are in the show Tenchi is the best choice.

-New Sig Coming *Soon*-

Steven Steve
posted 08-06-2001 12:22:00 PM
I mean... The episode where Aeka sees Katsuhito practicing the Juraian sword art and slips and injures herself, then Tenchi runs her back to the shed... He has no muscles, man! He's like my brother - he has no muscles and he never will. Oh yeah, and he's a bit light in the loafers, too. His legs have to be like 3 inches wide or something.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-06-2001 01:52:00 AM
I have no idea what a Tenchi is.

Illanae is not into Anime

Malbi
posted 08-06-2001 02:43:00 AM
I have never understood why everyone thinks Tenchi is a wimp. He seems to me to be a kind caring, and gentle person who likes all the ladies and treates them for the most part very well. If thats being a wimp then I think wimps rock!
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 08-06-2001 05:48:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Illanae:
I have no idea what a Tenchi is.

Illanae is not into Anime

Phew, I thought I was the only one. :P

Steven Steve
posted 08-06-2001 10:46:00 AM
Yeah yeah he is nice and stuff, but jeez I think he needs to fix himself up with some testosterone.

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 08-06-2001 11:32:00 AM
Its simple. Didn't you see the name floating about Tenchi's head that says Main Character? If you shack up with the main character, you get more screentime, more popularity, etc.

Eventually they make little dolls of you, people shout your battle phrases, and you continue to exist for as long as the current anime watching generation lives and breathes.

I mean, why else would the girls go after guys like Ranma or take him over Ryoga?

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-06-2001 11:36:00 AM
heh, I want to be a main character
Anyways, in Japan, it seems that you don't need big muscles to be powerful, in Japan it seems they look for a balance between mind and muscle, not to be overpowered in one category...
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-06-2001 11:36:00 AM
Well probally because you're either bi-sexual so it doesn't matter what form Ranma is in, or youjust don't like pigs no matter how kawaii they get....
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 08-06-2001 11:58:00 AM
Dunno about Tenchi, but he is the main character, and he does treat the ladies nice, but with the Light Hawk Wings...he can get pretty intense in battle, so he's not a total wimp.

As for Ranma, he may be a jerk often, plus his gender-shifting curse , but he's just got what you'd call pure animal magnetism, why else would he have 4, count em! fiancees chasing after him, no matter which gender he is at the moment. As for chasing him while he's female, well, they know with a little hot water, they can turn him back to male in a snap.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Avatar ]

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Steven Steve
posted 08-06-2001 01:36:00 PM
Whoa... It's a good thing I don't watch Ranma!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: