EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What do you still have going for you in your old age?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-10-2018 09:02:15 AM
Simple enough. We're all old and falling apart now, but each of us probably has something that still works correctly. For example, I'm basically a walking mound of suet, but I still have all my hair, and my eyes are in good shape.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-10-2018 10:12:25 AM
Full hair and excellent ears.

Also, people never believe me when I tell them my true age, thinking I am much younger. I am waiting for that to catch up to me over one brutal weekend or so.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-11-2018 06:01:19 PM
Hearing's fucked in my left ear, can't kneel down or get back up without grunting, have to get up in the night to piss at least once. Usually twice.

Oh this was for what still works properly?

My sight I guess. I had a LASEK procedure so both eyes 20/20 now and goodbye glasses for the last two years. Though I'm a mechanic and keep smacking myself in the eyes because I'm a dumbass so who knows how long that'll last.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 12-16-2018 10:00:20 PM
I'm in the best shape of my life (daily kickboxing), but arthritis and back surgeries from a rough automobile rear-ending mean chronic pain. So good/bad.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-16-2018 10:16:13 PM
Unlike many people my age, I still require haircuts.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 12-17-2018 11:08:42 AM
Sick burn, Sage
Greenlit
posted 12-18-2018 03:33:57 PM
I am still able to perform a Chaos Dunk.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 12-18-2018 10:20:56 PM
quote:
Bloodsage came out of the closet to say:
Unlike many people my age, I still require haircuts.

Jokes on you, sucker. It's great not spending as much money on shampoo. I have so many extra funds for other important things such as aspirin.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-22-2018 11:07:38 AM
Well, I've had LASIK and it went well, which has brought me to 20/15, which is nice. I'm in great shape from crossfit, and it turns out my balls work too. I'm in a whole world of gout though.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-27-2018 12:11:26 AM
So I spent most of the last week in moderate pain because I pulled a muscle in my back lifting a 13 lb frozen turkey. It wasn't even an awkward angle.

BUT AT LEAST I GOTS MY HAIR AND EYESIGHT, I'LL TELL YOU WHAT

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 12-27-2018 04:25:21 PM
I've had a sore shoulder for about 6 weeks due to overextending at the gym, because recovery is apparently a lot slower when you're old.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 12-27-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-28-2018 12:46:09 PM
quote:
Bajah said:
recovery is apparently a lot slower when you're old.

Takes me weeks to get over a cold and the cough lingers for just as long.

Fuck growing old. Fuck it with a cactus.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-29-2018 11:33:16 AM
I have genetic cataracts in my left eye, and will be going blind un that eye in the next 4 to 5 years, unless I have eyeball surgery. Which freaks me out, but I have really good insurance so it's not so bad.

In my old age, I have the benefit of experience and knowledge in a skill that is in high demand as well as a command of soft skills that allows me to move into managerial roles, so my income increases every year. I also have the wherewithal to buy my expensive toys as long as I plan toward them. And on my yearly physical, all my levels are good, such as cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.

So basically, my superpower is being an ambitious former blue collar turned corporate climber who refuses to stop climbing the ladder.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-30-2018 07:24:08 PM
I still have an active forums account, which is nice.

Also, I'm a bit less of a twig than I was when compared to when I first joined.

Here is me in a race.. when I first joined the forum
And here is me in a race...after using the forums for some time

Clearly, Evercrest is necessary for a healthy lifestyle, but bad for maintaining a full head of hair.

edit: I'm the guy in front in both pics

diadem fucked around with this message on 12-30-2018 at 07:47 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-06-2019 07:03:12 PM
Professional development
I've since saved two hospitals over 80k in my first year while increasing workload by 30% and reducing 19 hours/week from the operation. I also have two more projects on the go to take on two more big work loads while not increasing hours and harmonizing different hospital units.

I'm going to be finished both my P.Log and PMP designations by June of this year which qualifies me to begin my MBA.

Addy
posted 01-18-2019 12:26:36 PM
I spent a good portion of my teenaged years video gaming instead of out in the sun and tanning so now I actually look younger versus people my age that are already getting wrinkles. In my 30s. Making anyone feel old yet?

Also have bounced around in various industries which for some reason makes me desirable in the retail/advertising world. They think I�m good at project planning/managing but I�m really just good at not doing work/delegating to others.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-18-2019 11:50:44 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Addy scored a straight 1 with:
I spent a good portion of my teenaged years video gaming instead of out in the sun and tanning so now I actually look younger versus people my age that are already getting wrinkles. In my 30s. Making anyone feel old yet?

Also have bounced around in various industries which for some reason makes me desirable in the retail/advertising world. They think I�m good at project planning/managing but I�m really just good at not doing work/delegating to others.

Whoa Ads, don't go around blabbing trade secrets.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-20-2019 08:35:30 PM
Immune system is still pretty solid. Hair is all there. People still think I'm younger than I am, sometimes by as much as a decade. Brain works, mostly.

Knees are shot and I get arthritis sometimes, but considering how little exercise I get, my physique could be a lot worse than it is. Most days I'm still pretty strong and agile (aside from the knees). Not much stamina, but that's always been true.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-21-2019 03:16:16 PM
I'm 47 and still don't have any gray hair.

I've got a digestive system that doesn't like me; though a recent round of antibiotics seems to be doing the trick. Again.

Solstyce
Vampiric pixie that might eat your face, if you're lucky
posted 03-08-2019 05:59:31 AM
I have a good brain. My mental health is probably better than ever. If there's any benefit to age, it's that ancient traumas become just what they are: old, irrelevant.

I only grow more powerful. You cannot stop me.

I actually still get carded at liquor stores, though I expect that is due more to the younger generation being kind and courteous.

Shhh. Everyone will hear us. Everyone will know.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: