EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Are your taxes going up?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-26-2018 10:33:18 PM
The new withholdings kick in in about 3 weeks, but my work released the new rates today. Overall, I'll be saving about 3-4% in federal income taxes. Hopefully that'll be enough to offset the double taxation on my state income tax (property tax thresholds, thankfully, don't apply to me). Honestly, I just expect to break even, since this tax bill was not targeted at people like me.

But enough about me. How are you guys gonna do on your 2018 returns?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-29-2018 10:19:33 AM
Still waiting on the IRS to update the withholdings calculator. It's been a month and apparently they can't figure out their own fucking tax bill.
Addy
posted 01-29-2018 11:53:16 AM
Still waiting like Blindy. I think we estimated in our household that we are going to save some money though.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-14-2018 11:06:43 PM
I'm saving around 75 bucks a paycheck myself based on current withholding levels, which maths out with the calculators I've looked at.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-08-2018 03:40:55 PM
Late to the party (last few times I checked the boards, they didn't load... thought it finally died).

Actually got a bit more here, but being a homeowner with a kid has SOME perks. Texas also doesn't have a state tax.

However, I got relocated by work to OKC in Mid-Feb, so I'll be interested to see how taxes change next year.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: