EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The first thing you clicked on net?
Ashlea Earl
Pancake
posted 06-29-2016 05:59:07 AM
What was the first thing you clicked on net?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-29-2016 12:01:26 PM
what
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 06-30-2016 11:16:59 AM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-01-2016 05:21:18 AM
Mightion Defensor
posted 07-03-2016 10:46:54 PM
..the browser's address bar, so I could type in a URL.
nem-x
posted 07-05-2016 01:32:27 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-05-2016 07:32:17 AM
Ooof, right in the nostalgia.

Remember when the AOL chatrooms held a maximum of 23 people? If I could get into the Star Trek chat room right away I considered myself super lucky.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-07-2016 02:41:51 AM
Hell, the idea of chat rooms dedicated to a single fandom, where strangers would log in to talk to other strangers is crazy these days.

Now there is Twitter and Reddit to fill that void and nary an actual chat room in sight.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-07-2016 05:31:42 AM
I still go on old IRC rooms sometimes..
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-07-2016 07:27:10 AM
I looked it up the other day and mIRC is still being developed. I wonder how many people still use IRC?

Beer.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 07-08-2016 12:23:51 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Karnaj:
I looked it up the other day and mIRC is still being developed. I wonder how many people still use IRC?

Pretty sure I have seen IRC used in corporate settings, in some form. Could be wrong though.

The closest I've come to a chat room in the past ten years was Cisco Jabber or a Webex meeting.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-08-2016 12:25:09 PM
Still quite popular. I mean, MUD/MUCK/MOOs still exist today despite the rise in MMOs and F2P MMOs... rarer, sure, but still there.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Ashlea Earl
Pancake
posted 08-12-2016 02:00:06 AM
The first thing that I clicked on net was a school website but I keep checking [the baby names website I'm awkwardly trying to promote] very often since I find it very useful!

Drysart fucked around with this message on 08-14-2016 at 03:00 PM.

nem-x
posted 08-13-2016 12:54:07 PM
Drysart
Pancake
posted 08-14-2016 03:02:06 PM
Yes, I too also go to that dumb baby names website every single day because I'm always needing to find new names for all the children that my harem of women are popping out every other day.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-15-2016 06:22:56 AM
Well... speaking of stupid shit people click on the internets....LOBSTER MAGNET
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-15-2016 02:45:08 PM
I wonder if there's a truly dead forum somewhere where the only activity is posts like these.

Beer.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-15-2016 04:08:59 PM
quote:
I gotta give it to Karnaj with:
I wonder if there's a truly dead forum somewhere where the only activity is posts like these.

It's spammers talking to spammers all the way down? That would be pretty cool.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 08-16-2016 01:45:31 AM
quote:
Karnaj came out of the closet to say:

Sure there is!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-16-2016 08:20:38 AM
quote:
Blindy. got served! Blindy. got served!
It's spammers talking to spammers all the way down? That would be pretty cool.

Like they comment on each other's posts using fractured English, encouraging each others' efforts while attempting to draw attention to their own links.

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-16-2016 08:23:26 AM
quote:
Drysart got served! Drysart got served!
Sure there is!

Nonsense! We're as vibrant as we've ever been.

Beer.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 08-16-2016 08:56:14 AM
huh
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: