EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The Swedish Girl
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-14-2016 02:31:35 AM
A ways back I went to London for a Doctor Who convention and met a young lady from Sweden in a Doctor Who themed bar party under the hostile I was staying in.

We became Facebook friends, then E-dated; and finally she moved to my place in Chicago to attend college as we dated. (I'm leaving a lot out, BTW)

This went on for 1.5 years, then we broke up and she moved to her own Chicago apartment with a roommate. The last 6 months we've been friends, and have both moved onto seeing other people. (Though nothing serious has stuck)

Last week though, she told me she's depressed and can't stay in Chicago anymore; so she left to go back to Sweden.

And now I'm sad.

So I made a post about it here.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 04-14-2016 09:00:51 AM
It sucks when things don't work out.

However, if you stay friends on Facebook, you're still in touch. Not the same, but it's something. Most of my friendships are remote like that.

Hope you feel better.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-14-2016 11:04:28 AM
That sucks, dude.

But it's funny you stayed in a hostile.

On the other other hand, maybe you now have an excuse to visit Sweden some day.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-14-2016 12:28:51 PM
Yeah, I had a couple of break-ups myself in the last few years. It sucks at first, but always tends to lead somewhere interesting after a while.

Keep your head up, it will get better.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 04-14-2016 01:50:38 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
That sucks, dude.

But it's funny you stayed in a hostile.

On the other other hand, maybe you now have an excuse to visit Sweden some day.

I stayed in one once. I'd have to agree with his spelling there. I got mugged and my shoes stolen.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 04-14-2016 09:01:01 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Tron:
Yeah, I had a couple of break-ups myself in the last few years. It sucks at first, but always tends to lead somewhere interesting after a while.

Keep your head up, it will get better.

This is so true it could be gospel.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-27-2016 07:02:37 AM
sorry man.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: