EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's the fuckin' weekend, what are we drinking?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-26-2016 02:31:54 PM
The brewery down the street just debuted a wee heavy, so I think I'm going to go for that. Though I could also go for a nice bourbon--you can never go wrong with good bourbon.

Anyway, what's on tap for tonight?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-28-2016 02:16:56 PM
I was sick, but still had some

yesterday.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 02-28-2016 06:12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOH4gB15qYI

Drysart fucked around with this message on 02-28-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-29-2016 11:19:40 AM
I made sparkling hurricanes for a dinner party last week.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-01-2016 09:18:48 AM
a brewery is moving in down the street from my office in coming months
please send help
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-01-2016 02:30:48 PM
quote:
Monica screamed this from the crapper:
a brewery is moving in down the street from my office in coming months
please send help

I hope you have Uber in your area.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-01-2016 03:01:22 PM
It's DFW.... Uber is probably more reliable than the local mass transit.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 03-03-2016 11:45:06 AM
I've never had alcohol. Not once in my life.

It's fun to watch the drunkies though. That's what I did in the Navy.

That, and was auto DD every time.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
diadem
eet bugz
posted 03-04-2016 09:26:36 AM
I was originally going to reply with something lame like "only water and the occasional protein powder (whey immediately after a workout. otherwise this)" but remembered that won't be entirely accurate for this weekend.

You can't throw a dead cat without hitting a microbrewery in the Boston area. They are everywhere. So I'm assuming someone will bring some craft beer over tonight.

Myself? I'm a lambic ale fan. Even if you don't like alcohol in general, you'll probably like lambic.

diadem fucked around with this message on 03-04-2016 at 09:27 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Addy
posted 03-05-2016 12:20:13 AM
Minneapolis is getting to be like that too. Craft breweries opening up everywhere.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 03-05-2016 06:45:04 PM
And they probably all specialize in IPAs.

Give the freakin' hops a rest guys. There ARE other kinds of beer you can make.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-07-2016 01:28:16 PM
Every new brewery, unless they're trying to emulate an old world style, brews an IPA and/or a DIPA as their flagship beer. I think it's because it's lowest barrier to entry--brewing lagers requires expensive refrigeration and heat exchanging equipment--and you can make a distinctive beer using only the big four ingredients.

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-07-2016 03:18:25 PM
So I'm hosting an official dinner on St Patrick's day, and just invented a green champaign as an aperitif. There's a pine sap liqueur a little distillery in Alsace makes, and a little of that, a touch of simple syrup to take the edge off, and champaign makes a refreshing green drink.

So, uh, I got that going for me.

Monica
posted 03-07-2016 05:21:11 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Bloodsage:
So I'm hosting an official dinner on St Patrick's day, and just invented a green champaign as an aperitif. There's a pine sap liqueur a little distillery in Alsace makes, and a little of that, a touch of simple syrup to take the edge off, and champaign makes a refreshing green drink.

So, uh, I got that going for me.

The thing I have going for me right now is that we're vacationing in San Antonio for spring break and we're staying approximately 500 feet from an Irish pub.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-08-2016 01:32:37 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Monica squealed:
The thing I have going for me right now is that we're vacationing in San Antonio for spring break and we're staying approximately 500 feet from an Irish pub.

Woot! Stumbling distance!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-09-2016 12:31:25 PM
quote:
Bloodsage screamed this from the crapper:
Woot! Stumbling distance!

For all my inveterate boozing, I have never spent any part of St. Patrick's Day at a bar. Even stranger, I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2016 01:11:50 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Karnaj gently hums:
For all my inveterate boozing, I have never spent any part of St. Patrick's Day at a bar. Even stranger, I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Yeah, bars can be obnoxious on St. Pat's.

Monica
posted 03-09-2016 01:55:37 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Bloodsage!
Yeah, bars can be obnoxious on St. Pat's.

Our plan is basically to head into San Antonio during the day and come back to the cabin/possibly drink a little at the pub as the evening rolls in, before things get cray-cray.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-10-2016 03:37:45 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Monica gently hums:
Our plan is basically to head into San Antonio during the day and come back to the cabin/possibly drink a little at the pub as the evening rolls in, before things get cray-cray.

Sounds fun!

Have a drink on the river walk--great place!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: