EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Memorial Day Weekend!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-22-2015 09:57:46 AM
The fuck are you doing? I'm hosting a clambake.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-22-2015 11:12:39 AM
Was thinking of doing an online coding stream where I build an open-source clone of agar.io; but I'll actually probably just end up sleeping in a lot.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-22-2015 09:03:03 PM
If you're coding, can you build me a platform-independent SAS controller driver that will let me spin up a VMWare hypervisor on any SAS-to-SATA RAID card, not just the ones they approve?

And no, Hyper-V is not a good candidate, I run a Linux/BSD shop for cost-saving purposes. While I have nothing against Hyper-V in principle, it doesn't have the P2V capabilities I need.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-22-2015 10:58:39 PM
Um. Separate fileserver hosting disk to the VM infrastructure via iSCSI? Seems like a simpler course to me.

And I'm working 12 hours tomorrow then going to a crawdad boil with friends where I will probably proceed to get seriously shitfaced and attempt (but ultimately fail) to forget the bad news I've gotten this week.

Then Monday I'm going shopping for a new washer/dryer for the new apartment I'm moving into 2 weeks later.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-23-2015 05:12:15 AM
Neeeeeerds.

BBQ and getting drunk.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-23-2015 02:09:00 PM
We'll be enjoying our new patio and back yard. Grilling dead animal flesh and drinking.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: