EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: FFXIV
nem-x
posted 06-25-2013 06:45:08 PM
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-26-2013 07:27:11 AM
An amazingly small number of people.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 06-26-2013 09:08:39 PM
quote:
Tarquinning:
An amazingly small number of people.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-27-2013 05:26:30 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Robocop:
Who's gonna play!

Was in the last beta weekend. Game is looking surprisingly good. Going to mess around with it some more this weekend to get a better feel for it.

nem-x
posted 06-27-2013 06:59:22 PM
The crafting system is definitely the best I've seen in an mmo so far.
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-27-2013 07:57:01 PM
The crafting system is really off-putting at first. After games like Guild Wars 2 where you can craft shit tons of items in under a minute with just a couple of button presses, the crafting system feels clunky as hell.

And then you get the ability to increase quality. And suddenly it becomes a game of "how high can I get the quality on this ingot before I run out of durability to make it with" and making shit with +200% exp bonuses and occasionally a shield with 25% higher than normal stats.

It feels like they took EQ2's crafting after they revamped it around Kunark, and then streamlined it.

Willias fucked around with this message on 06-27-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 06-28-2013 02:35:16 PM
Being a fan of Final Fantasy I do intend on giving it a try. From what I understand one of the caster jobs gets a carbuncle pet, so I am down for that.

Though I have my doubts. I tried to play the other FF MMO once, and I died at the hands of a cute little bunny rabbit.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-28-2013 03:24:23 PM
Are they gonna offer up one of those "free 7 day addiction tour" things? I didn't like 11 at all and everything has been a downhill slide since 10 (I beat 12 and 13, didn't get far in 13-2).
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-28-2013 11:30:43 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Robocop:
Are they gonna offer up one of those "free 7 day addiction tour" things? I didn't like 11 at all and everything has been a downhill slide since 10 (I beat 12 and 13, didn't get far in 13-2).

Look around for beta keys, they're being given away like candy lately.

Otherwise, sometime during August they're going to have an open beta which has no restrictions and characters played during that period will likely continue over to launch.

And this is essentially Final Fantasy meets WoW. They scrapped the majority of the old FF14 and completely overhauled it. Game is much more quest-based, though unlike most modern mmos, they have no problem forcing a series of group quests on you in the middle of the main story quest line.

quote:
Being a fan of Final Fantasy I do intend on giving it a try. From what I understand one of the caster jobs gets a carbuncle pet, so I am down for that.

Though I have my doubts. I tried to play the other FF MMO once, and I died at the hands of a cute little bunny rabbit.

Playing a Thaumaturge right now (think less focused Black Mage). I can take on a mob a couple levels higher than me without too much trouble. Game is very solo friendly, and all classes are able to solo.

So not like any of the other FF MMO attempts.

nem-x
posted 07-15-2013 07:44:28 PM
Peter
Pancake
posted 07-29-2013 10:44:31 PM
I plan do, Cause my room mate and some reprobates I work with are demanding it, and I have given up wow, and once our brief summer ends here in the Treasure state, Fuck Going out side.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: