EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Iron Man 3
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 05-05-2013 01:42:39 AM
Have you seen the movie yet? What do you think about it?

I think it was just decent, but my date thinks it was better than the first.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-05-2013 07:12:01 AM
Yeah, last Tuesday. Don't like the plot twist and what they have done at the end with the cannonfodder suits all that much.

It's not a bad movie, though.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 05-05-2013 05:44:42 PM
It was another Iron Man movie.

For better or worse, that's about all you need to say about it.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-06-2013 03:13:16 AM
I'm not sure I can look at Ben Kingsly the same way again.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-06-2013 07:30:02 PM
Better than two, not as good as one. Enjoyed it immensely, though. I appreciate that the Iron Man movies are generally clever humor versus campy humor. (Though I do loves me some campy humor)
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 05-06-2013 09:50:47 PM
I missed the lack of explanation of how the villains powers' worked.

Step 1: Inject this stuff.

Step 2: Some people blow up, some become lava monsters.

Step 3: (If you didn't blow up) Punch Iron Man's suits hard enough to break them, which Thor's hammer couldn't do.

Overall though, it was an Iron Man movie. Lot of cool moments and action scenes.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Khy
Pancake
posted 05-07-2013 01:18:24 AM
quote:
Rodent King stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I missed the lack of explanation of how the villains powers' worked.

Step 1: Inject this stuff.

Step 2: Some people blow up, some become lava monsters.

Step 3: (If you didn't blow up) Punch Iron Man's suits hard enough to break them, which Thor's hammer couldn't do.

Overall though, it was an Iron Man movie. Lot of cool moments and action scenes.

Inject stuff. Gain regenerative powers, heat powers, but with a chance of going nova.

If you don't go nova, you can always go nova later on by taking a bigger dose of the stuff. Or possibly tainted stuff - it really isn't explained too well.

As for the hammer, I'm fairly certain that Thor has enough control over the hammer to make an attempt to 'disable' instead of 'punch a hole through'. I don't think he was making an attempt to murder the shit out of Tony (He's got slightly more respect for human life than that), just put him down long enough to be able to grab Loki.

Personally I liked 2 better than I liked 1. Then again, I didn't like 3 as much as I liked 2. But that's just me.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-14-2013 06:12:32 PM
The new armor certainly seemed weaker. The old armor took hits form tank shells and rounds from a M61 Vulcan without noticeable damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=3o2ACEr9NmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6fb4ATs3z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=Y1g-B8BJzwc&feature=fvwp

Why I don't get is why tony didn't just keep flying higher than they can jump while laying down continuous fire.

edit: As soon a I heard "A.I.M." at the beginning of the movie I kept picturing people in those cheesy white hazmat suits.

diadem fucked around with this message on 05-14-2013 at 06:48 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: