EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Put in a bid on a house today.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-22-2013 06:15:55 PM
Hope it gets accepted.

Pics if it does, or else I'll just be depressed looking at them.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-23-2013 02:28:36 PM
Good luck! My house is a money pit.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-23-2013 03:09:37 PM
quote:
The propaganda machine of Blindy.'s junta released this statement:
Good luck! My house is a money pit.

They all are. 4 grand for a new fence, thank you very much Sandy.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-24-2013 06:38:16 AM
Our house is treating us surprisingly good so far. But then we're only living in it for a year.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy.
posted 04-25-2013 10:51:52 AM
I just got the foundation lifted, one corner of the house had fallen by 1" and it was cracking interior walls. I also had to get the top two feet of the chimney and flue replaced.

Then last year I had to replace the deck.

The year before that I finished the utility room.

The year before that I put a new roof on it.

Later this year I'll be paying for landscaping or doing it myself to fix the damage from the foundation repair.

Next year I will be replacing part of the driveway and getting the rest of it lifted and replacing the front porch and stairs.

I only wanted to live here for 5 years and sell it. It's still worth $15k less than I paid for it and I'm only now getting some equity built after putting 5% down.

Tarquinn
posted 04-25-2013 11:57:33 AM
That sounds painful, Blindy. How old is your house?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-25-2013 12:21:21 PM
You can lift a foundation?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 04-25-2013 06:54:40 PM
Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 04-25-2013 08:53:37 PM
Good luck on your offer. Just remember, a signed contract is the beginning of negotiations, not the end.

Our attic fan was making horrible noises the other day, but damn, I do not wanna crawl around up there.

Blindy.
posted 04-25-2013 10:38:17 PM
quote:
Tarquinn says po-ta-to, I say pa-ta-to:
That sounds painful, Blindy. How old is your house?

Just 20 or so years. The developer really cheaper out on the houses around here, almost all of them are having settling issues and sinking driveways and stuff.

Tarquinn
posted 04-26-2013 02:26:26 AM
quote:
Blindy. painfully thought these words up:
Just 20 or so years. The developer really cheaper out on the houses around here, almost all of them are having settling issues and sinking driveways and stuff.

Guess there's something to be said about the fucking expensive way German houses are build.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-26-2013 08:47:10 AM
quote:
nem-x screamed this from the crapper:
Do you even lift

Dost thou even hoist?!

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-26-2013 03:04:57 PM
Oh also, my dishwasher asploded. Yay money pits!

Beer.

Blindy.
posted 04-26-2013 06:23:33 PM
quote:
Karnaj - Karnaj = 0:
You can lift a foundation?

Yeah. They dig down right next to it then screw metal piers into the ground until it hits bed rock, then attach them to the foundation and lift the house with hydrolics. :metal:

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-27-2013 09:34:37 PM
The bid was accepted!

Took a while to get back to this thread, was just there with a house inspector discovering that apparently a grey-water pit was illegally constructed in the basement. It's against all sorts of health codes, and had a flat metal sheet over the pit that wasn't air-tight. Monday we'll be sharing the report with the owner, and see what he'll do to fix the violations.

nem-x
posted 04-29-2013 08:38:55 PM
breegirl
Pancake
posted 04-30-2013 02:56:20 AM
Be wise in signing a written contract and read it a couple of times before signing because when your done signing, then it will be the beginning. You have to be wise because their are people who have hidden agenda and it's hard to refuse when you have sign it.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-30-2013 08:03:46 AM
Heh.

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-30-2013 08:48:58 AM
.... that is the most amazing spam bot I've encountered or just a REALLY lucky random hit. Spelling and the bullshit link aside it actually spouted reasonable shit for the content of the thread.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 04-30-2013 10:36:39 AM
Soon spambots will be a bigger source of valid internet contributions than humans. The net won't need us anymore!

Feel like the luckiest guy in the world (That's not getting married) for landing this house in today's market.

Tarquinn
posted 04-30-2013 12:11:27 PM
That's a very beige looking house.

Congrats!

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-01-2013 02:43:52 AM
That's pretty huge. Are houses still massively cheaper over there than they are in the UK?

In the UK you'd be lucky to get something half that size for around quarter of a million.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: