EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Mort, UK question
Maradon!
posted 03-24-2013 12:13:32 PM
I've been watching a lot of Top Gear UK lately and I have a few questions;

Why does Jeremy Clarkson make fun of people with beards? What's implied by facial hair?

What's the Monster Raving Loony party? Is it as completely awesome as it looks?

What's "Kit"?

Why do they use MPH and MPG instead of metric equivalents?

Why are some of the cars they drive left hand drive? Is it legal to drive either way?

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-24-2013 02:40:19 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Maradon! wrote:
I've been watching a lot of Top Gear UK lately and I have a few questions;

Why does Jeremy Clarkson make fun of people with beards? What's implied by facial hair?

What's the Monster Raving Loony party? Is it as completely awesome as it looks?

What's "Kit"?

Why do they use MPH and MPG instead of metric equivalents?

Why are some of the cars they drive left hand drive? Is it legal to drive either way?

Top Gear has so many in-jokes that it can be hard to follow sometimes. Kit might refer to Knight Rider, I dunno. They use MPG/MPH because they're British. And they aren't exclusively British broadcast, they go all over Europe to test and review new cars, some of which are left-hand drive. I'd wager a guess part of why it isn't illegal is that the Chunnel made driving from France to Britain a reality, and you can't exactly swap a car interior on the fly.

e: I type good.

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 03-24-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2013 07:26:37 PM
You can drive LHD and RHD vehicles here, no one cares as long as you drive...

... on the correct side of the road.

Maradon!
posted 03-24-2013 08:25:15 PM
I could drive on the right, but driving on the left on the right would drive me completely insane. I'd be in a ditch before I'd gone a kilometer.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-25-2013 05:48:24 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Duck Tales:

... on the correct side of the road.

You know the most commonly used synonym for "correct"? It's "right".

I absolutely agree with driving on the right side of the road.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-25-2013 05:58:35 AM
"Turn left ahead."
"Left?"
"Right."
"Ok.. Right it is."
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-25-2013 03:47:14 PM
Top Gear is literally the best show that's never new. Six episodes a year, geez.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 03-25-2013 06:13:27 PM
quote:
Karnaj posted

Top Gear is literally the best show that's never new. Six episodes a year, geez.

There's probably another series coming in 2013.

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/status/310858978970173441

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-25-2013 09:57:29 PM
Speaking of things that require Mort's attention.... They're Out! Now how do I get them from people who refuse to have a site that will handle international addresses but not state that they don't do international orders?
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-25-2013 10:02:36 PM
Nevermind.... Skip the address verification step and they'll accept the order.... Now to see if I get a call telling me to piss off or not. Although I did just spend $90 for stamps in a frame... Stamps that will never be used to send a letter....
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: