EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's time to slay the dragon!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-22-2013 08:49:57 AM
Yeah, let's do this.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-22-2013 12:43:44 PM
WE GOT TWELVE OF THE TEAM ONLINE!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-22-2013 01:02:54 PM
That commercial was made fun of from day 1.... First thing out of my mouth when I saw it was "How the fuck are bards supposed to twist on a controller?"
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Dave
)_(
posted 03-23-2013 02:57:59 AM
This and the girls at the bar talking about Everquest where so bad...

EQOA was just shut down less than a year ago now, people where still playing at the time.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 03-26-2013 12:22:14 AM
Oh, the terrible early days of PS2 online games.

Still remember struggling to get a game going in Twisted Metal and Tribes: Aerial Assault. It was bad. So very bad.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Maradon!
posted 03-26-2013 12:33:15 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Dave booooze lime pole over bench lick:
This and the girls at the bar talking about Everquest where so bad...

EQOA was just shut down less than a year ago now, people where still playing at the time.

It amazes me any time I pop into an old, old online community and find people still there. The people still playing EQ1 or UO, or AO for that matter. People still using AOL. What sort of person hangs around a place like that- oh wait

Maradon!
posted 03-26-2013 12:36:10 AM
The forums for sites that dried up a decade ago are actually a prime example of what I'm talking about. bad-candy.com still has a few ghostly posters drifting around, despite no real updates since before 2006.
Maradon!
posted 03-26-2013 12:43:12 AM
I was sent to repair a printer at the office for the print-version yellow pages one time.

There were rows and rows of cubicles, most with abandoned personal effects, some quite dusty.

One person was working there. Just one. They used the printer.

I fixed it, which is good. I feel like if I hadn't, the guy would have just put his chair up, turned out the lights, and left forever.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-26-2013 09:51:58 AM
That's kind of cool and also a little sad. A ghost with no one to haunt.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-26-2013 12:26:25 PM
I remember when I got a copy of a disk for my Playstation with a letter saying I'd been selected for the EQOA beta and I couldn't find a network adapter for my PS2 anywhere. Falaanla helped me get one and I picked it up and paid him back for it at, if I remember correctly, the Vegas trip for Kal and Syn's wedding back in the day.

I think I played EQOA for like 5 minutes before deciding it sucked and I could just play EQ.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 03-27-2013 09:29:00 AM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I was sent to repair a printer at the office for the print-version yellow pages one time.

There were rows and rows of cubicles, most with abandoned personal effects, some quite dusty.

One person was working there. Just one. They used the printer.

I fixed it, which is good. I feel like if I hadn't, the guy would have just put his chair up, turned out the lights, and left forever.

Reminds me of the Planetside 1 team.

I'm still remiss about them taking down The Matrix Online. It's mission system was boring as hell, but the combat was interesting.

Vin~ fucked around with this message on 03-27-2013 at 09:30 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: