EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Vidya Games I got and played during Christmas Sales.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-11-2013 05:00:37 AM
Assassin's Creed 3 : Buggy, buggy, buggy. Had some interesting ideas and went about several things in interesting ways, but COMPLETELY failed to draw me in and engross me in the story like the previous three games (2/brotherhood/revelations) did.

Dishonored : Don't care if it was short as hell, or that the NPC's were bland and uninteresting. Had pretty awesome stealth gameplay and when you WEREN'T being stealthy awesome, it has fun combat and interesting powers. Worth buying on sale.

Dark Souls : My ass is still recovering from the pounding this game gave me. It's fun! But holy fuck it's hard.

FTL : Like it but the time limit kinda ruins some of the fun by making it feel like you've got to rush. Would enjoy something similar without the time limit.

Wish I had bought Farcry 3 during one of the sales, it sounds and looks very fun. Ah well, next sale I'll pounce on it.

What games did you guys get for Christmas, or during the Steam holiday sales, or just recently?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-11-2013 08:11:53 AM
I got assy creed 3 too, but I'm stuck in Boston having the same problem as others where the otherwise smooth FPS prior to that drops to around 10 FPS for no reason.

I refuse to play a badly coded slideshow so I'm not continuing until it's patched.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-11-2013 08:25:53 AM
Chivalry all day, erry day.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-11-2013 08:55:36 AM
Civ V Gods and Kings. "Fuck you, Vatican City."

A Virus Named TOM. I know a guy named Tom. I bought this because the soundtrack was interesting and I could make fun of him with it. It's not a bad little puzzle game either, but I'd recommend having a game pad.

Darksiders 2. Haven't even started it yet.

Overall the sale this holiday just didn't grab me. I bought a copy of Gods and Kings as a gift for a friend and the Civ V Bundle for another friend as a gift.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-11-2013 09:14:28 AM
quote:
Khyron thought about the meaning of life:

FTL : Like it but the time limit kinda ruins some of the fun by making it feel like you've got to rush. Would enjoy something similar without the time limit.

There's a mod that removes the rebel fleet.

As to what I've played over the holidays: Eador Genesis, an old-school hardcore TBS game. Really well done with a lot of character. Here's the SA thread with more details.

Also a lot of MWO.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 01-11-2013 at 09:15 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-11-2013 01:03:35 PM
Miasmata: First-person Survival Botany. A bit buggy at the moment (There are beta1/beta2 patches available on steam that fix some issues most people experience) but it was fun as hell. Nothing like running in the dark with a zippo lighter away from the beast over a cliff into the dark, dark sea. :3

They Bleed Pixels: A 2-D platformer with combo fighting. Difficulty ramps up pretty hard, but it's satisfying and you always know why you died. Bonus: Cute Cthulu girl.

Alan Wake and Alan Wake's American Nightmare: From the writer of the Max Payne series (Unchecked, just 1 and 2, I believe) comes the story of a writer fighting the darkness with a flashlight and a gun. Is presented in something akin to episode format. Like a TV show, not Walking Dead. Interesting mechanics with the light, though I would have liked to have the superhard difficulty unlocked off the bat, as it was piss easy with a M+KB. Pretty damn good story, too. American Nightmare has spoilers for Alan Wake, so play that one last.

Natural Selection 2: Ten years since the original release of NS, comes it's updated brother. A lot has changed. And I do mean a LOT. Both aliens and marines have commanders (or a Khammander, if you will), but the asymmetric gameplay is still heavily focused. Infestation looks damned incredible, as does the rest of the game (for 99% of people who don't have issues). The communities are rebuilding again and like the old NS, are a welcoming group. And there's a lot to learn!

Dawnguard and Hearthfire: If you haven't played Skyrim in a while, it's worth dusting off a new character to play through Dawnguard. Not only does it add a whole new vampire oriented questline with a vampire lord form you can turn into (similar to a werewolf) as well as werewolf perks, it also adds the ability to fletch arrows (Without mods!), as well as Dragonbone weapons which are better than daedric, just heavier. And easier to get materials for, since dragons swoop down all the freakin' time now. A lot of love for the ranged at heart as well, as it adds crossbows and new specialty bows for giggles. Hearthfire gives you three housing possibilities to sink your coin into, and build how you want.

Oh, and Rocksmith. My fingers hurt. :/

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 01-11-2013 08:45:54 PM
FTL is fun and got that. Got Forza Horizons for my car fix and Farcry 3.

Story was good to bad to interesting...

Game was fucking AMAZING.

My game of 2012 hands down. The single player was fun the entire time. The Co-Op was a completely different game and also fun. The Multiplayer was FUN and refreshing in some of the modes. The level building tools, even on the console, were near limitless.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 01-12-2013 10:54:23 AM
I never played Oblivion all that much, so I bought it during the sale. I've got a level 14 wizard going through the mages guild quest line. Enjoying it so far, experimenting with spell crafting and enchanting atm. I made a cursed cloth hood that kills anyone that wears it.
Maradon!
posted 01-12-2013 01:51:44 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Vin~ who doth quote:
I made a cursed cloth hood that kills anyone that wears it.

Reverse-pickpocket onto unkillable NPC. Hilarity ensues.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: