EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: No Christmas thread?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-26-2012 12:04:24 PM
You bunch'a Scrooges.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-26-2012 01:46:38 PM
I'm 30 and I don't have kids. Christmas no longer matters. I could barely be assed to put up a tree this year.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-26-2012 01:52:29 PM
quote:
Karnaj put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
I could barely be assed to put up a tree this year.

Or, I could barely put a tree up my ass this year.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-26-2012 04:09:49 PM
Yeah, christmas doesn't have the same feel to it anymore (for several reasons). Aging sucks.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-26-2012 06:52:42 PM
True. We don't bother putting decorations up, but we still do cards.

This year was better than last because more family came over and I cooked Christmas dinner, which was a resounding success, so it was a good day all round. I also learned I'm going to be a (terrible) uncle.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-26-2012 06:55:17 PM
Oh, and I got Assassins Creed 3! Which I've been looking forward to for months!

.... then I learned it was a terrible console-to-PC port with extremely poor optimisation that I'll have to wait to get patched by Ubisoft, if it even ever is.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-26-2012 08:41:57 PM
חג מולד שמח

diadem fucked around with this message on 12-26-2012 at 08:44 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-26-2012 10:03:06 PM
Bought a $175 gift card off of a friend at full value so he'd have some extra cash to spend while his mom was in town visiting. Turned around and used it to fund the bulk of 2x3Tb drives so I could back up my file server in prep to physically rebuild/upgrade it.

Bought same friend the Legend of Zelda manga box set he's been drooling over for a while. Picked up a pair of PowerBags (yay for woot!), gave one to a friend, gave one to myself.

Gave my dad a GPS unit so he'll quit being lost. He'll never use it, I already know.

I think the biggest thing I'm amused by for this holiday season.... I got the Bond 50 collection on Bluray... for $100. 22 Bond movies in HD for about a matinee ticket each.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-27-2012 08:51:03 AM
I'm 30 and have 1.7 kids. Christmas was a busy time.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-27-2012 09:19:14 AM
quote:
Blindy. put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
I'm 30 and have 1.7 kids. Christmas was a busy time.

Well it could be worse. Doesn't Vorbis have like 3 kids already or something? Imagine his hell.

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-27-2012 10:50:11 AM
It still feels strange to me that I have a kid. You'd think that after 15.5 years that realization would get old.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 12-27-2012 03:55:59 PM
I got a crossbow to add to my weapon collection. Other than that it was pretty meh.
nem-x
posted 12-27-2012 08:25:22 PM
ck jacket, puma fleeces, socks, $$$

Bought for myself

Number 1 Poster
posted 12-29-2012 12:21:52 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent nem-x said:
ck jacket, puma fleeces, socks, $$$

Bought for myself

Not lying, its a $1200 chair

I gots me and my wife a wireless Sony speaker and an ipod touch

Maradon!
posted 12-29-2012 02:46:39 AM
quote:
x--MortiousO-('-'Q) :
Oh, and I got Assassins Creed 3! Which I've been looking forward to for months!

.... then I learned it was a terrible console-to-PC port with extremely poor optimisation that I'll have to wait to get patched by Ubisoft, if it even ever is.

If it makes you feel any better, the console version also has a shit ton of bugs, several of them game-crippling.

It's still a good game.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 01-02-2013 07:30:55 AM
I received a pair of wireless 7.1 surround sound headphones. Perfect for apartment living and wanting to truly enjoy movies and games late at night so I don't wake up the soon to be mrs. and the neighbors.

A few games and a bunch of booze and microbrews.

Was a good year.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-02-2013 07:45:10 AM
Got nothing and worked myself sick.

But the work is days away from earning me a future with the lifestyle I desire.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 01-03-2013 12:38:22 PM
Got 2 kids.
Kids got fuckton of stuff.
Wife got some stuff.
I got a new corded hand drill, which I had asked for, for the past 4 years.
Son had Black and Decker play workbench.
My new drill is Black and Decker.
Son sees logo, takes my drill, puts it on his workbench.

Just because FUCK DIANNE FEINSTEIN, I went and put 20% down on 4 ARs.
Local Gun Shop gave me 5 boxes of 357SIG to feed my glock. As a gift.

Christmas decor was up on black Friday.
Christmas decor was down on December 30th.

You guys suck at Christmas.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-03-2013 03:40:42 PM
Why 4?

Beer.

nem-x
posted 01-03-2013 06:51:51 PM
Theys gonna takes me guns
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 01-03-2013 07:46:19 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about pies:
Why 4?

5.56, 7.62x39, .300BLK, .50BEO

I don't like buying different uppers.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 01-03-2013 07:47:23 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by nem-x:
Theys gonna takes me guns

Hey nem... hows the longterm with that USP you got a few years back?

Razor
posted 01-04-2013 12:15:04 AM
Wife had our first daughter in November and was finally able to bring her home just a week before Christmas from the ICU. (Congenital Heart Defects + Genetic abnormality: DiGeorge Syndrome)
Me: Craftsman Tool Chest, Sodastream, Cherry tree
Wife: Text booksfor her classes next semester, an Earth Box garden kit, 6 rose bushes, A book written and Autographed by her Advisor/Mentor when she was still an undergrad.
Daughter: Her life, clothes, toys, diapers
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-06-2013 05:34:28 AM
Huh.

Well, we all got old.

For christmas I got to start a medical discharge

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 01-07-2013 06:44:27 PM
quote:
Razor had this to say about Robocop:
Sodastream

How is this device. I wanted to get it to make fancy seltzer, but seltzer is generally really cheap already.

How is the cost per liter ratio?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-09-2013 09:53:15 PM
Medical discharges are the worst, until they give you antibiotics.

Beer.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-10-2013 01:06:20 AM
I got into a car accident and an offer from my parents to pay the insurance deductible.

YAY CHRISTMAS.

But yeah, I haven't really had "Christmas" for a few years now. It's just another day. My girlfriend and I went to see a movie then ate Chinese food with a friend. Was a fun night.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 01-10-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Addy
posted 01-13-2013 11:28:13 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr painfully thought these words up:
I got into a car accident and an offer from my parents to pay the insurance deductible.

YAY CHRISTMAS.

But yeah, I haven't really had "Christmas" for a few years now. It's just another day. My girlfriend and I went to see a movie then ate Chinese food with a friend. Was a fun night.

High-five Christmas car accident buddies!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-13-2013 07:18:53 PM
quote:
Addy screamed this from the crapper:
High-five Christmas car accident buddies!

Did you get into an accident with each other?

Beer.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-14-2013 12:28:51 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about dark elf butts:

No!

My accident was pulling out of a parking lot. Basically, we have two lanes on the road -- one is left turn, one is straight/right turn. I was trying to turn left out of the parking lot, so I had to go across these two lanes.

Thing is, the parking lot sucks shit, and is near impossible to get out of if someone in the straight/right turn lane doesn't stop to let you through. Someone was feeling kind and had stopped to let me through, so I looked and saw nobody in the left lane. I slowly pull out, but evidently someone didn't like this stopped car and whipped around them, nailing my car.

She told the cop she was 'barely moving' when she hit my car. The cop reluctantly gave me a ticket for failure to yield. My insurance company pretty much instantly said that they would try to fight it, but probably not very hard since I got the ticket.

So anyways, I resign myself to a $500 deductible. I take the car in to the repair shop (or, I should say, had it towed since the radiator was busted and other stuff was messed up, so it was undriveable) and get an initial estimate of $7100 for the repair. A few days later, I get an email from my insurance company who said that my car was basically being classified as totaled -- the damage was 73% of the value of the car.

Thankfully they gave me a very solid settlement on the car's value, and I paid off the loan with some to spare. Goodbye, Mercury Montego. We had some bad luck together, but I still liked you.

And now to find a new car in 7 days. At least I got a loan approved through USAA already for it.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-14-2013 06:13:59 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr said:
She told the cop she was 'barely moving' when she hit my car.

Found your problem.

Addy
posted 01-18-2013 06:58:30 PM
quote:
From the book of Karnaj, chapter 3, verse 16:

Nope I had a pizza delivery guy slam into the back of my car. I lucked out hardcore though, it was when I was still slowing down for the stoplight. If I was completely stopped it may have been a different story.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-18-2013 08:49:05 PM
quote:
And coming in at #1 is Addy with "Reply." I'm Casey Casem.
Nope I had a pizza delivery guy slam into the back of my car. I lucked out hardcore though, it was when I was still slowing down for the stoplight. If I was completely stopped it may have been a different story.

All I heard was you got rear-ended by the pizza delivery guy.

bow chicka wow wow

But seriously, I hope your whiplash wasn't too bad. Also I hope you have unlimited tort on your insurance policy, so you can sue the shit out of him.

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 01-18-2013 10:56:34 PM
quote:
Addying:
I lucked out hardcore though-

Did he share the pizza?

Addy
posted 01-20-2013 12:08:00 PM
quote:
Maradon! attempted to be funny by writing:
Did he share the pizza?

No. Jerk.

The guy didn't have personal insurance either, it expired. It was pretty awesome. I got the pizza place to cover it with their insurance, though, so things worked out. My whiplash wasn't too bad.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: