EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Natural Selection 2
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-15-2012 03:30:18 PM
I was just telling Zair about how I wanted a video game that included some kind of first person shooter with a commander overhead coordinating the team from a Real-Time Strategy perspective.

The very next day I read a Kotaku Review about Natural Selection 2, which is (Almost) exactly what I was hoping for.

The game splits up to 28 players into two teams, the Marines and the Aliens. Gameplay feels a lot like Alien Vs. Predator but with an emphasis on capturing and holding different parts of the map.

The map is important because each team is given one commander to coordinate their attacks, build structures, upgrade weapons/armor/mutations and oversee the fighting from a top-down view.

An in-game voice chat works smoothly, and the player base seems full of people willing to give quick advice and help out new players. This helps a lot since the learning curve is more of a sheer cliff-face to climb up.

Anyone else play?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-15-2012 10:38:22 PM
Yep. You can usually find me throwing terrible mock-insults around the readyroom on the goon server.

Ten years ago was the original NS. I missed it so much.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: