EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Dammit, the panda died.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 09-24-2012 02:35:48 PM
Started taking a class called 'Natural Sciences' to finish a degree. Thinking it would be about nature, and science I was excited to get started. However, this wan't the case.

The class is taught by a woman in her 50's who essentially spends her 5 hours with us each week discussing how the planet is dying in various ways and how terrible we are as human beings for contributing to it.

Last week we each talked about the cars we drive, along with their distances and gas mileages. Turns out our teacher rides a bike almost everywhere (Though she doesn't look like it) and takes a bus everywhere else. It's a non-religious guilt trip of a class.

Also last week, we watched a 'Panda Cam' or a live shot from a new panda mom in Washington as she essentially laid motionless on top of her cub. Today the cub died from apparent liver failure, and I'm not sure how it'll affect class tonight.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-24-2012 03:33:23 PM
The death of the panda will obviously be because we tried to take care of it in a zoo, because they are so endangered due to human expansion.
Maradon!
posted 09-24-2012 10:03:03 PM
Misanthropy is no less irrational or destructive than any other form of bigotry.
Peter
Pancake
posted 09-26-2012 11:25:45 PM
I for some reason thought this thread may have been about MoP and how it seems to arrived with no fanfare, and doesn't seem to be bringing players back to the game either.

Related to topic, I had a sociology class taught by a nut job that spent clas tring to show us how the gov'rnmen was lieing to us and it's all a big conspricay.

However they guy got sacked/beached by the end of the semester as I have found out. I guess the day of and day after 9/11 attack in NJ you shouldn't be preaching to class how it's all a plan by evil president bush, and that they let it happened to a class full of people that probally just lost family, or family lost lively hood. Something liek 4 kids across his classes didn't drop the day after. I know my period most of us walked out of class after he said that.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: