EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: In case you've been living under a rock
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-19-2012 04:02:12 PM
Black Mesa finally came out! It's free, it's awesome, and even Valve is impressed by it, from what I've heard.

It's awesome and if you haven't already, you should download and start playing now!

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-19-2012 05:17:11 PM
Buggy at times. Entities spawning in walls for example.

Dev team who are complete assholes. Not to mention the rabid fanboys who launch attacks at anyone who dares to give it anything but a 99/100 rating.

Not the complete game. Not properly tested. It's a Beta at best. But the guys who put it together want to be praised for making a whole game that's worthy of actual "release" status. It wouldn't have flown in '98, and even with the slapdash BS state of current games it still doesn't fly in my eyes.

It's a good start. But it's a start, not the completion.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Skaw
posted 09-19-2012 08:18:12 PM
quote:
Verily, Random Insanity Generator doth proclaim:
Buggy at times. Entities spawning in walls for example.

Dev team who are complete assholes. Not to mention the rabid fanboys who launch attacks at anyone who dares to give it anything but a 99/100 rating.

Not the complete game. Not properly tested. It's a Beta at best. But the guys who put it together want to be praised for making a whole game that's worthy of actual "release" status. It wouldn't have flown in '98, and even with the slapdash BS state of current games it still doesn't fly in my eyes.

It's a good start. But it's a start, not the completion.

"This admittedly incomplete mod isn't as good or as complete as a real game." Are you serious? Yikes, what a sperg.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 09-19-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-19-2012 09:14:23 PM
It crashed a few times, there were one or two world geometry issues, but felt a very surprising amount like the original play-through. Even down to the jumping puzzle solutions. Given the care and dedication they remapped the original game with, I am intently curious to see what happens when they release their take on Zen, since they wanted to redo the whole section from scratch, to make it less dumb.

Until then, off it goes to the external drive. :3

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-20-2012 02:10:24 AM
I think Half Life is overrated.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: