EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: New family member
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-31-2012 09:33:27 PM
Yeah, he's a little fuzzy, but still awesome.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2012 05:32:21 PM
So after a week.

He's pooped on my bed. Twice. He's caused at least a few hundred dollars in damages (depends on if some of my server hardware was damaged, then it could jump to thousands). He's broken out of a kennel. Shredded 3 blinds. Chewed up the arm of an overstuffed chair. Had a first vet visit that would have been over $400 (major ear infections, GI issues) if I hadn't signed him up for a wellness program (and still cost me $250).

So far he's still awesome, if expensive.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-09-2012 05:53:10 PM
Sounds like you're not aware of how to train a dog IMHO.

You'll learn fast or he'll assume the alpha role and you'll be the bitch.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-09-2012 10:20:04 PM
quote:
Mortious spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Sounds like you're not aware of how to train a dog IMHO.

You'll learn fast or he'll assume the alpha role and you'll be the bitch.

Rescue animal. He's still trying to escape because he's been abused and doesn't trust humans. Gotta work through that first...

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 09-10-2012 07:03:20 PM
Good on you for keeping to it.
Number 1 Poster
posted 09-10-2012 08:29:56 PM
I don't know if this is gonna work but mine is on the left
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-11-2012 04:59:19 AM
Picked up an IP camera so I could keep tabs on the little jerk while I'm at work.

And now I'm wishing I hadn't. He's spent the last few hours trying to escape the cage, whimpering and howling. I'd have thought he'd sleep more given that it's the middle of the damn night.

My neighbors must hate me. Which is ok because the fuckers can't park for shit and keep throwing crap off their front porch down to where my door is.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-13-2012 07:52:23 AM
You might look into giving him some kind of light sedative to calm him down while you're gone. He keeps messing with the cage, he's liable to hurt himself.

Also - it's possible you've thought of this one already - but my dog HATED his crate until I made an effort to make it more of a doggy cave. Dog bed, blanket inside, partially covered up top to make it kind of dark in there. Sometimes he'll go in there on his own now and just work on a rawhide.

Monica fucked around with this message on 09-13-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-13-2012 12:49:09 PM
Yeah, he's already adopted the cage. He goes in there on his own to rest whenever I'm not sitting on the couch. I've tossed in some old clothes I had (after wearing them for a day) along with a chewtoy and a "no stuffing" toy fox. I can't put any kind of covering over it as he'll shred it in the middle of the night (the cage used to be next to an overstuffed chair, he chewed the hell out of it while inside the cage).

If I'm gonna give him a sedative at night it's going to be via tranq dart.

Maradon!
posted 09-13-2012 07:22:58 PM
I give my rabbit marijuana.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-14-2012 10:07:54 AM
Do you then put random bread objects on his head?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: