EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Artemis - Multiplayer Star-Wars Bridge commander thingy?
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-28-2012 01:41:56 AM
http://www.artemis.eochu.com/

Mort and several others might just enjoy this.

Long and short of it is that 6 people (Captain, Helmsman, Tactical, Communications, Scanning, and Engineering) work together to fight. Probably is a hell of a lot of fun on teamspeak with a full crew.

It's $40 but the creator justifies this by saying that it's meant to have the cost split 6 ways between friends, or something. Apparently it doesn't have copy protection. I dunno.

Anyone seen it before? Anyone tried it before?

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-28-2012 09:05:40 PM
They reviewed it on Ars Technica a while back I think. I've been wanting to try it ever since. I don't have 5 friends that I think would want to play it though.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-29-2012 08:30:36 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Blindy. all over myself!
I don't have 5 friends

My problem.

Also, the game does sound fun, but doesn't everyone just want to be the captain?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-29-2012 10:21:11 AM
Wars? No. Trek? Yes.

Played it a bit with friends at work one night... some of us pulled multi-duty.

It's fun, but yeah it's more awesome if you actually have a "Bridge Crew" of friends and a big central station hooked up to a HDTV for the main display....

Oh, and it's really more of a LAN Party game than a Over the Interwebs game... You could have crews at different locations gamed together I suppose. That could be very interesting...

Random Insanity Generator fucked around with this message on 08-29-2012 at 10:22 AM.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 08-29-2012 09:49:04 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator impressed everyone with:
Wars? No. Trek? Yes.

Played it a bit with friends at work one night... some of us pulled multi-duty.

It's fun, but yeah it's more awesome if you actually have a "Bridge Crew" of friends and a big central station hooked up to a HDTV for the main display....

Oh, and it's really more of a LAN Party game than a Over the Interwebs game... You could have crews at different locations gamed together I suppose. That could be very interesting...

I meant trek. It was late when I wrote the OP!

And honestly I think it'd be kinda cool over the internet using voice comms to talk back and forth. I mean, look at ST:TNG, engineering doesn't have the big display! The rest do, but they're usually more focused on whatever's on their display, right?

Khyron fucked around with this message on 08-29-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-30-2012 12:26:24 AM
Captain does fuck and all. Basically all he does is give orders and look at what's on the main view screen. That's why there should be one with a BIG display. The rest are cool to have just normal PC displays.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: