EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Day Z
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-01-2012 09:53:14 PM
Anyone try it? It seems I missed out on a Steam sale for it, since they list the cost of the game at $30 and I heard it dropped to $15 at one point.

The extra mod installation seems doable, but a bit of a hassle to install a mod which has eclipsed its source material in terms of popularity. (Why haven't they made a free DLC patch for it yet?)

Anyone know if the game is worth picking up? Or should I play a few rounds of L4D2 to get zombie shooting out of my system?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
nem-x
posted 08-02-2012 12:42:38 AM
If you want to spend hours running with no autorun key.
Skaw
posted 08-02-2012 03:15:38 AM
ARMA 2 is definitely worth picking up for ARMA 2.

For a "zombie" mod full of spergs quoting STALKER as they grief each other? Not really no.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 08-02-2012 09:17:33 AM
It was fun for a while, running around freaking out about zombies or other players while trying to get supplies. However once you are set, there is not much to do unless you want to be a PK. The installation I recall was fairly easy, the DayZ website has an installer you can use. So yeah it can be fun at first but the end game is lacking some.

My character is currently camped out in a shack in the middle of the woods with a full backpack of ammo, food, water, matches, hatchet, etc.

Vin~ fucked around with this message on 08-02-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-02-2012 01:09:12 PM
When did video games become an endless thing by necessity? When the game gets easy because you are well equipped, you've won the game. I'm sorry there isn't a screen that tells you so.

This is mostly directed at the people who complain about Diablo III's endgame.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 08-04-2012 04:38:19 PM
Minecraft is pretty much the same. Once you have built a house and put a torch in it, you've then basically won. However with Minecraft, you can still enjoy it afterwards by making roller coasters, etc.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-04-2012 06:46:47 PM
quote:
Vin~ + Vin~ = 2Vin~:
Minecraft is pretty much the same. Once you have built a house and put a torch in it, you've then basically won. However with Minecraft, you can still enjoy it afterwards by making roller coasters, etc.

Minecraft is literally a sandbox game that just happens to have a tiny survival element.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: