EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Call to action - opinion on apocoplay website
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-27-2012 12:56:23 PM
What does everyone think of the http://www.apocoplay.com/ Apocoplay Corporate Site?

Does it still look unprofessional? Is it bad enough to turn you off to the company?

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-27-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-27-2012 02:36:12 PM
Why does it look like a goth website?

It's way too dark for a games company, in my opinion. Unless you're making vampire games, I guess.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-27-2012 03:00:09 PM
I think making the transparent boxes silver rather than black would alleviate that problem somewhat.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-27-2012 03:03:38 PM
I wouldn't go so far as to say it looks like a goth website, but I do agree the dark blue on black color scheme is too dark for a Fun & Games atmosphere. It sounds like you'd want to go with a color scheme that signifies energy and fun. Some more graphics and eyecatchers wouldn't be a bad idea, too. Right now it's like one of those powerpoints where you get worded to death. But overall, I like the wordpress layout with the clear, simple explanations.
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 05-27-2012 06:32:40 PM
First thing I noticed is the gray font on black. It really needs to be changed to a brighter color such as white. While the background looks kind of cool, it does not seem appropriate.

Vin~ fucked around with this message on 05-27-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Maradon!
posted 05-27-2012 10:15:59 PM
It evokes no strong emotions in me, but one thing I did notice is that it looks like one of those cybersquatter pages that tries to fool you into thinking it's about whatever you were googling for.

Maybe include some actual pictures in addition to the clip art so that the page doesn't seem so procedurally generated.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-28-2012 12:56:45 PM
It's very dark and it could benefit from some examples of the types of things the company can offer.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-29-2012 12:27:27 AM
In addition to what's been said, you need pictures of your staff.

A bio isn't good enough. They need to see your face.

ps: How does one contact your company to use your services?

Taeldian fucked around with this message on 05-29-2012 at 12:32 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: