EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Tell me good mindless games
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-04-2012 07:31:28 PM
I'm looking for cheesy, over the top mindless and fun games.... like Just Cause 2 and Darkness 2.

Suggestions? They'd need to be the type of game i can just play to destress for maybe an hour a week.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-05-2012 07:40:58 AM
Saint's Row 3?
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-05-2012 01:22:43 PM
^^^^ That, and:

-GTA series.

-Burnout: Paradise (used to be available for free on Origin)

-Orcs Must Die!

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 05-06-2012 02:49:54 PM
World of Warcraft
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-06-2012 03:01:16 PM
quote:
Maradon! got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
World of Warcraft

I call you out on that one.

I've got guildmates who prove you can't be brainless. Seriously, how does a Holy Priest die to the Nuclear Blast on Spine 3 attempts in a row?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Nina
posted 05-07-2012 12:27:01 AM
quote:
So quoth Random Insanity Generator:

I've got guildmates who prove you can't be brainless. Seriously, how does a Holy Priest die to the Nuclear Blast on Spine 3 attempts in a row?

hang on, I know the answer to that one:

nobody cares

Nina
posted 05-07-2012 12:27:43 AM
Also, Serious Sam: BFE.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 05-07-2012 03:33:02 AM
Prototype is good, mindless fun. Turn on armor mode and start chucking cars around. Grab a helicopter and panic some civilians, then target one and follow him around.

Haven't tried the sequel yet because the PC release was delayed.

Team Fortress 2, if you want multiplayer, is often a good way to spend some time.

The assassin's creed games are fun to dick around in; murdering guards by the dozens never gets old for me.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 05-07-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-07-2012 07:01:40 AM
Diablo 3 (in 8 days).
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-07-2012 01:05:46 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur was pretty decent, if Skyrim and Fable had a bastard love-child. Expect to run all around everywhere, but be a complete badass in the combat system by the end of the game. Finesse with daggers had the most OP combos, fo srs.

Realm of the Mad God is a F2P, top down 8-bit graphics shooter with some depth. Good for an afternoon of shooting pixels at other pixels.

Tribes: Ascend is also kinda mindless if you fuck around with the default classes and don't care about dying a lot.

Maradon!
posted 05-07-2012 10:17:08 PM
TRIIIIBES

CNH is one big clusterfuck and all anybody ever does is roll jugg and mortar spam.

CTF is the same old fun though.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-08-2012 01:33:28 AM
quote:
Maradon!'s account was hax0red to write:
TRIIIIBES

CNH is one big clusterfuck and all anybody ever does is roll jugg and mortar spam.

CTF is the same old fun though.

Pff. I roll brute and disco-nade spam. :3

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-08-2012 04:44:48 AM
quote:
What is this crap that Delphi Aegis is spewing?
Kingdoms of Amalur was pretty decent, if Skyrim and Fable had a bastard love-child. Expect to run all around everywhere, but be a complete badass in the combat system by the end of the game. Finesse with daggers had the most OP combos, fo srs.

Daggers with Chakrams as backup. There's OP and then there's OP at range.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Delphi Aegis
posted 05-08-2012 10:37:21 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Daggers with Chakrams as backup. There's OP and then there's OP at range.

Chakrams? The longbow was just as OP. Point blank charged shot into a troll = dead troll. :3

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-08-2012 01:01:52 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Chakrams? The longbow was just as OP. Point blank charged shot into a troll = dead troll. :3

The only good thing for a bow, IMO was "ohai, let me air juggle you 3 miles away"

Chakrams allowed me to fuckup people in a 360 around me. Since I had Poison, Fire, Lightning, Ice and Bleed damage available on my attacks... Yeah it was a little messy.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-09-2012 11:14:43 PM
Saints Row 3. I haven't played it myself but I've been in here when Deth has and it's a hilarious game.

inFamous is good, mindless fun, too.

Oh, and Darksiders

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 05-09-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-10-2012 09:39:42 PM
If you like driving games, Dirt was pretty fun. I think there's a new one out, too.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Dave
)_(
posted 05-13-2012 03:26:05 PM
World of Tanks.
Willias
Pancake
posted 05-13-2012 04:11:25 PM
Orcs Must Die!
Binding of Isaac
Tribes: Ascend (Maybe this isn't a good idea for de-stressing though. Getting put on a team that does nothing but run out into midfield and get wiped out is rather rage inducing.)
Diablo 3 when it comes out in a couple of days.

Willias fucked around with this message on 05-13-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Maradon!
posted 05-17-2012 08:45:06 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Willias booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Binding of Isaac

This is the dumbest game I've ever bought off steam, apart from Dear Esther.

At first it's a cute and sacrilarious little zelda clone, until you realize that it's all completely randomly generated, some puzzles have no solutions, and every map is basically exactly the same forever.

It's the sort of thing that you'd play for free on Newgrounds back in 2005.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: