EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Poll of curiosity - Unity 3d
diadem
eet bugz
posted 03-18-2012 08:14:28 PM
As many of you are probably aware, I am taking an increasing interest in the local game development community. As many of you are also aware, I recently found out about Unity 3d and was able to get first place (out of 70 people and 14 teams) at a hackthon in Google Cambridge with my first "full" Unity 3d game.

I am becoming increasingly fond of the product and will be presenting a simple training lesson in Microsoft Waltham on the 31st during Code Camp 17. The session will be simple - I'll start with a fully functional game and then show how the game was created over the course of an hour or so.

The session is targeted to people who never touched Unity before and are interested in game development, which I'm betting may be some of you.

If there is any interest, I could record the session and post the result.

edit: I'm afraid to say that this particular training session will not be in trollspeak.

diadem fucked around with this message on 03-18-2012 at 08:15 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-19-2012 01:13:16 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on diadem!
edit: I'm afraid to say that this particular training session will not be in trollspeak.

BAH!

http://www.bloodfin.net
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-19-2012 03:11:08 AM
I'm not interested in coding and programming at all. For the same reason while I really like cookies, I am not working in a cookie factory.

Just wanted to say that your passion for this is awesome.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-19-2012 06:47:20 AM
I'd like to see that presentation.

Because this is the crap I deal with every day.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 03-19-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-19-2012 07:44:39 AM
I tip my hat to programmers, because it all looks like gibberish to me.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 03-21-2012 06:56:14 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Mortious:
I tip my hat to programmers, because it all looks like gibberish to me.

Using the cookie factory analogy, normal programming is growing crops, passing government regulations, managing a workforce, etc.

Unity 3d is a bit more along the lines of of talking to a machine and saying "Tea, earl gray, hot. With cookies."

Needless to say it's getting very popular for obvious reasons.

I'll try to record it as per Blindy's request.

Unity 3d may be helping out with official prize support . At least one experienced member of the local community will stopping by to answer questions that would be over my head.

diadem fucked around with this message on 03-21-2012 at 06:57 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: