EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: About a mile from my house
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-22-2012 02:01:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJuigh2aCc

I've driven the street a million times going to and from my parents place, but never in conditions as bad as that.

My parents went from 2 inches of snow to 9 inches of snow in less than 8 hours. I've got a good four or five here (At a much lower elevation). In the morning there was none. Love a good snowstorm!

Khyron fucked around with this message on 01-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-22-2012 02:23:12 PM
I'm jealous. The winter we have this year is a never ending fall. Very disappointing.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-22-2012 03:57:25 PM
That is why I choose to live in the desert. I don't care that it gets to be 300 degrees here during the summer. I've never had to shovel heat off my sidewalk.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
nem-x
posted 01-22-2012 04:00:59 PM
Why would you drive in this
Also its been hot as balls
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-22-2012 04:08:51 PM
Whenever snow hits around Chicago, I hit the empty parking lot of a church to (Safely) pull donuts on the frozen pavement.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-22-2012 04:54:56 PM
The amount of idiots who don't know how to drive in the snow always astounds me.

It's even worse for me as my car is rear wheel drive. Arseholes right up my butt all the time, so I rev to show them how it fishtails like mad and they back right off.

Razor
posted 01-22-2012 06:55:29 PM
I love Driving in the snow. Had a snow drop last month that left my work truck under 8 inches in a 5 hour period and was only able to get out with my own truck using 4x4. Worst snow I've dealt with in the last 3 years left me stranded for a week at work with my then car covered in 5 feet of snow. I am also surprised how many flat-landers think they can get away driving in the mountain snow without chains. I've first responded to two roll-overs due to black ice because I saw them happen in front of me. and seen many others on the way to and from my office.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-22-2012 11:54:27 PM
I was on the road when this snowstorm started. It'd been raining really hard leading up to it, and wet snow is pretty damned scary. Fortunately, I was able to get off the road before much of it stuck.
Peter
Pancake
posted 01-23-2012 05:42:19 AM
I Live in Helena MT. We Got about a foot or better over the day, which threw everyone for a loop cause our weather just right before been an unseasonable 35-40 degrees out. which it looks to jump up to agin this week.. worst part isn't the snow as much as the freezing rain 2 days later to turn all that snow into ice at night.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: