EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Beloved dead websites
Maradon!
posted 10-13-2011 04:36:15 PM
This seems like a relatively new phenomenon: Rickety old pages, once rich in content, now abandoned by their creators but still laying about the internet like the unscavenged carrion of a once beloved friend.

Achewood recently joined their ranks after the strip and assetbar provided me with entertainment for nigh unto a decade.

And of course there's Homestar, Bad-Candy, and this one.

Anyone else frequent any dead websites?

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 10-13-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-13-2011 04:45:32 PM
Yes.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 10-13-2011 04:58:12 PM
The only limit

is yourself

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-13-2011 06:52:07 PM
Shit, Homestar is dead?

I loved that place.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-13-2011 09:22:56 PM
Evercrest. HURRR DURRR

But seriously, I do pop in on homestarrunner.net every once in a while to see if there's something now. I am disappoint, but it is what it is.

Also, their cartoons could really benefit from a pause button. Youtube has spoiled me.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 10-14-2011 08:37:42 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mortious booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Shit, Homestar is dead?

I loved that place.

It seems like they just got tired of making strongbad emails. Toward the end they tried to start making homestar emails instead, but either the fan response was bad or they just weren't feeling it.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-14-2011 04:20:20 PM
I heard that one or both of them spawned, and their wee ones took priority.

Damn selfish parents.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 10-14-2011 10:53:52 PM
quote:
Karnaj stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I heard that one or both of them spawned, and their wee ones took priority.

Damn selfish parents.

Fuckin' stupid babies.

I hope against hope they'll come back for a grand finale, but after nearly a year with no updates it seems doubtful.

Anyway, I hate to keep plugging these comics (oh, that's a lie; I love these comics), but I still pop by minus and Great occasionally.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: